Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

JDS may not be the JDS of old, but he's proved that he's definitely not near the brink of retirement, either.

Likely won't ever be HW champ again, so at best, a gatekeeper for HW. Personally I'm curious to see how he'd do, with a move down in weight - especially if Jones moves up to HW.

As for the subject of "predictions", I stand by my prediction that Stipe will take the belt :)

For this weekend's fights, it makes me wonder why the UFC loves to throw new fighters to the wolves ?

They have a history of pitting UFC Rookies against Champions or Champion-Level fighters,

Cummins against Cormier, Soto against Dillashaw, Horcher against Khabib, just to name a few.

I mean, I know they're due to last minute injuries, but there's still not better options than a matchup this overly out-matched ?

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

BJ looked like complete **** his last fight

sad to see he won't stay retired

That was an extremely bad note he went out on. Tippy toeing around, seemingly treating it like a joke. One of the biggest wtf moments ever in the octagon. I think erasing that as the "last fight he had" is a main reason he wants to come back - to redeem that atrocity. I think his raw skills and Jackson's coaching can overcome Siver.

That was an extremely bad note he went out on. Tippy toeing around, seemingly treating it like a joke. One of the biggest wtf moments ever in the octagon. I think erasing that as the "last fight he had" is a main reason he wants to come back - to redeem that atrocity. I think his raw skills and Jackson's coaching can overcome Siver.

Penn been around the fight game for a long time. Only thing worse than that atrocity is losing to someone named Denis Siver.

The very fact that I cannot state with confidence that Penn will win this fight kinda says it all

• Like 1

End of his career was quite a mess, but I gotta give it to him for taking the L's against top dudes at 170 and Frankie Edgar. Siver is a big step down in competition. I think if he loses but puts on a good fight, it'll be better than going off in to the sunset with a huge wtf like he just had. At least fight this time.

You make a good point though, I'd like this to be a one-off. I support him for this fight and will be cheering him on. If he keeps going though, that will turn more in to a squinting dread as I watch him fight.

Penn been around the fight game for a long time. Only thing worse than that atrocity is losing to someone named Denis Siver.

The very fact that I cannot state with confidence that Penn will win this fight kinda says it all

No-win for Siver. If loses, he loses to a "has-been." If he wins, he beats a "has-been."

UFC Fight PassVerified account
‏@UFCFightPass
BREAKING: UFC 155lbs title is on the line ONLY on #UFCFIGHTPASS, Thursday, July 7 @RdosAnjosMMA vs @Ealvarezfight!

because of a broken foot, Dos Anjos went from a mega PPV against McGregor to being on Fight Pass

I'd chop my foot off on general principle 

What has he done recently. Against Pettis that was point fighting.

There is a clear book on how to beat Pettis, Alvarez worked the version that got him a win, and subsequently a title shot that comes with a nice payday.

Using one fight to define someone's style is pointless.

He has been involved in brutal fights against Hellboy & Kawajiri (when they were both top 5-7 in the world at the time of the fights), and twice against Chandler. He would have to be something other than human for those wars to not impact his game now.

Rashad is a fantastic analyst on FS1, he should focus on that role moving forward

glad to see Khabib back out there. It was a tune-up fight and he did what he was supposed to do, but its probably better he got to knock off the rust tonight rather than against a top 5 guy or RDA right away.

Edited by StillUnknown

Had no idea the UFC had a card tonight, wow. Nasty left hook from Glover, and follow up ni-nighter with the right. Would love to see him vs. Johnson. Glover seems a bit tentative though (not to sound like Rogan right before Gonzaga took Cro Cop's soul), but I'd have to pick AJ just because he's super aggressive right off the bat. Think he'd overwhelm Glover.

Also think DC would take Glover in a decision. The matchup I think is most even is Glover vs. Gus. Dangerous hands vs. length and good kickboxing.

As far as Rashad, he's a legend. Hate to see him take such a nasty L. He'll probably give it another shot. Wonder if he could possibly drop to MW. Always seemed like he took the cut to 205 well. I don't know, to be honest. Don't think he'll se another title shot in his career, but I don't think he'll hang 'em up yet.

I'd have to pick AJ just because he's super aggressive right off the bat. Think he'd overwhelm Glover.

Can't say that I've seen every single Rumble fight, but of all the fights of his I've seen, I can't ever recall seeing an opponent cause him to backpedal, at all. That man only knows one direction : and it's moving forward ; pushing the pace. Virtually no hesitancy or tentativeness.

That's what makes the Rumble/Jones matchup so intriguing - can he and will he (Rumble), maintain that ability to plow forward with that same intensity, despite Jones' huge reach advantage, and poke advantage, or would we see an uncharacteristically more cautious approach by him ?

Edited by Malapropismic Depository