Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I see Jones was calling Cormier a coward.  I don't believe that.  I think Cormier may feel, deep down, that he may not be able to beat Jones, but he strikes me as the sort of guy who would go in and take his lumps anyway.  Unfortunate that we'll have to wait for round two now.

I see Jones was calling Cormier a coward.  I don't believe that.  I think Cormier may feel, deep down, that he may not be able to beat Jones, but he strikes me as the sort of guy who would go in and take his lumps anyway.  Unfortunate that we'll have to wait for round two now.

he called DC a coward for offering to fly out OSP and help with his camp

DC is painfully bad at talking ****. "Last tweet. Jon ur dumb! Like really dumb. Get off ur high horse and stop riding the white horse. Junkie , I'm gonna rip ur head off!" That's unacceptably bad. That's the kind of line script writers give meat heads the audience is meant to hate and roll their eyes at.

I feel like this needed to be said, carry on.

• Like 1

I sincerely hope so. I know I'm a hater but I just... I don't know... hate that guy.

I've changed my opinion on Jon. I was one of the peeps that always stuck up for him and was perplexed at the hate he got. Now I'm quite disguisted by him.

OSP is still kind of hard to gameplan for. What does he have in the toolbox that he hasn't shown, how much is he improving, and how much has this layoff, stress, and new muscle mass going to get Jon out of his game? I think this is more than likely the best time to go up against him.

• Like 1

In this interview, Rockhold says Weidman is incapable of getting the belt back, because Weidman has a family to take care of.

I'm like, "what ???"

@4:25

I re-watched the first fight last weekend. Rockhold was really starting to fade due to Weidman's body kicks. He was huffing for air and his face was showing pain and exhaustion when Weidman pulled that dumb move with the roundhouse kick attempt. I would not have thought Luke had another round in him but Chris' mistake gave him a shot of adrenaline and he got perfect position to finish that fight.

I like both of these guys but I suspect this outcome will be different as long as Chris keeps his wits about him. Who knows though. Luke looked so darned good against Machida that I can't really make a prediction here. 

I like both of these guys but I suspect this outcome will be different as long as Chris keeps his wits about him. Who knows though. Luke looked so darned good against Machida that I can't really make a prediction here. 

I'm gonna go with Weidman, because he seems like the type of guy who can truly step up his performance a few levels, when he is the underdog, which he is supposed to be in this fight.

Anyone watching tonite's card ?

A lot of weight gonna get thrown around - 4 straight Heavyweight fights on the main card.

I'm going to tune in, just for the potential of seeing Rothwell's post-victory Happy Dance, which by itself, will make the event worth the money.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

Great stuff by JDS.  5 rounds of punishment.  The only thing missing from being the old JDS last night was the brutal KO finish, but I think with all the wars he has been through he might have decided to play it safe and just be satisfied with carving up Rothwell for 5 rounds.

As for Rockhold/Weidman 2?  I think Rockhold is going to win again. Take away the loss to ViTRTor Belfort and the guy has been pretty flawless and overlooked the past few years.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1

At least we gave 'em. Easy to make observations in hindsight. JDS has been up and down and Rothwell has been bulldozing. If it was a little while ago I'da picked JDS. Was a momentum thing.

I had Rothwell too. I can't stand the guy for some reason but he has been rolling over highly-ranked guys.

JDS fought a smart fight. You just don't "engage" Ben Rothwell. Junior used his boxing perfectly and wore Ben down. However, if he'd clinched or rolled with Ben AT ALL, I feel it definitely would have gone a different way.