Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

That turning of the right shoulder by Bones against Glover was brutal. Dunno if that's even legal.

its legal, just an arm crank really. If thats illegal, then they might as well take away all armbars.

Shinya Aoki broke a guys arm once with a similar move

Zero logic to this whatsoever. Pretty clear McGregor avoids no one at this stage. He simply wants to avenge the loss of Diaz who he believes he can beat. Nothing else to see here.

Zero logic... Pretty clear. I was admittedly speculating but I'm not sure why you claim "zero logic" to my post and then make your own statement with nothing to legitimize it except "pretty clear."   :)

???

That turning of the right shoulder by Bones against Glover was brutal. Dunno if that's even legal.

I remember seeing that happen that night and thinking "Wow, he just totally eliminated Glover's chances with that crank." I don't remember Rogan noticing it in the moment but I knew right away Texeira was hurt for the night. Turned out to be true.

Honestly, I think Cormier is in big trouble. The only thing that could beat Bones right now is rust. He's amazing even though he's a douchebag.

Edited by Chachie

Cormier should be allowed to wear goggles against Jones, next month.

I think I've seen this in every Bones fight except maybe vs. Rua.  Jon WILL get an eye on his way to getting a win. It's part of the plan.

Zero logic... Pretty clear. I was admittedly speculating but I'm not sure why you claim "zero logic" to my post and then make your own statement with nothing to legitimize it except "pretty clear."   :)

???

So McGregor has no problem fighting Chad Mendes on a few days notice, fighting Jose Aldo and on short notice moving up to 170 to fight Nate Diaz but for some reason he's afraid to fight Frankie Edgar? 

Find it difficult to find any logic in that tbh. 

So McGregor has no problem fighting Chad Mendes on a few days notice, fighting Jose Aldo and on short notice moving up to 170 to fight Nate Diaz but for some reason he's afraid to fight Frankie Edgar? 

Chad Mendez had like 2 weeks to prepare. Conor was in shape and in a much better position than Mendes. The Aldo fight wasn't on short notice. Diaz was literally on a boat taking shots when he got the call. He said he was sick for like 3, while Comor was inshape. The circumstances favored Conor. I don't think he afraid but it doesn't see like the ufc wants him to fight Frankie.

Chad Mendez had like 2 weeks to prepare. Conor was in shape and in a much better position than Mendes. The Aldo fight wasn't on short notice. Diaz was literally on a boat taking shots when he got the call. He said he was sick for like 3, while Comor was inshape. The circumstances favored Conor. I don't think he afraid but it doesn't see like the ufc wants him to fight Frankie.

I never said the Aldo fight was on short notice! 

My point is McGregor could have easily ducked Mendes or Diaz in the past. He had a valid reason given the fact he was training for a different opponent. There are many fighters out there who I expect would not have agreed to those conditions. I don't believe fighting Diaz at 170 favored Conor whatsoever. The fight reflected that. 

All I'm saying is that there is zero logic in believing he's scared of Edgar. No valid argument to be made for it. The Diaz fight will make more money and give him the change to avenge his defeat so it makes sense he'd take that first. 

That's not necessarily an excuse for losing at the 170 weight.

Whether he fights Diaz at 155 or 170, obviously Diaz is still going to be the "bigger man" in Conor's alleged words, either way. His height isn't going to change to the smaller man, if they fight at 155 as opposed to 170. I'm pretty sure Diaz' height is what Conor was referring to, not the fact that they fought at 170...at least based on what was written above, since I didn't read the actual quote.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

http://deadspin.com/jon-jones-to-cop-who-pulled-him-over-you-are-an-absol-1767580397

Jon Jones arguing with a cop. Good times. Jon gets progressively more insulting which is always a great way to deal with police.

"How do you sleep at night" says the guy who injured someone and ran from the scene, only to continue driving suped up cars. I believe the cop, and do not believe Jones. He's was obviously busted and trying to save face knowing he was on camera. Buncha BS. Cop had great comebacks.

Well, someone had to be the innocent sacrificial lamb, for Cyborg's first UFC fight.

Seriously, I'm wondering what she did to piss off the matchmakers

http://deadspin.com/jon-jones-to-cop-who-pulled-him-over-you-are-an-absol-1767580397

Jon Jones arguing with a cop.  Good times.  Jon gets progressively more insulting which is always a great way to deal with police.

his story is not going to end well

Mendes is the one who had ZERO camp in that fight and Mendes can't make 170 like Diaz can.

The logic I find is that we (and he) just saw what Edgar did to Mendes. Conor knows he had great first round success vs. Diaz so he is making his decision to rematch Diaz on that. There is also logic in assuming his camp has a lot of say in who he should line up as his next opponent. Edgar is a pitbull who easily beat Mendes when Chad had a full camp. Edgar is as complete a fighter as Conor would ever face. 

So AFTER losing to Diaz, Conor is having 2nd thoughts (or his camp is having 2nd thoughts) about taking on Edgar right now. If Conor had beaten Nate, he might have been under the impression he can beat Frankie Edgar but his confidence is low right now and he won't want to risk losing his belt.

Hey, great idea! let's get Nate Diaz again (we almost had him in round one) so we wont have to lose our title to Edgar! That way even if we lose to Nate a second time we can AGAIN blame 170! Win-win!

Dana sees the dollar signs and agrees, all is well for Camp McGregor!

Edited by Chachie
  • Like 1

Hey, great idea! let's get Nate Diaz again (we almost had him in round one) so we wont have to lose our title to Edgar! That way even if we lose to Nate a second time we can AGAIN blame 170! Win-win!

Dana sees the dollar signs and agrees, all is well for Camp McGregor!

Matchups aren't supposed to make sense ; Why does Dillashaw lose his belt in a razor-thin decision, and not get a rematch, while Chris Weidman gets beaten to a pulp, but he does get a re-match ?

• Like 1