Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Bendo took some big shots and got dominated, but looks surprisingly fresh in the post fight interview

fighters are weird man

Or maybe it's just Benson. It's very rare to witness something like that in my experience.

He looked fresh up until the last second of the 5th round - after being decimated almost constantly for 5 rounds.

He's got cardio, energy, heart, and chin  - off the charts.

Too bad for Benson they don't score points for any of that.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

He's just not that good of a fighter. I don't care what anybody says, he lost both fights to Frankie and immediately was dispatched by Pettis. He's like Cowboy. Good enough to beat up on the middle-lower tier fighters but can't hang with the best ones.

He's just not that good of a fighter. I don't care what anybody says, he lost both fights to Frankie and immediately was dispatched by Pettis. He's like Cowboy. Good enough to beat up on the middle-lower tier fighters but can't hang with the best ones.

he won that first fight with Frankie

beat Jim Miller when Miller was rolling towards a title shot, beat Guida at his prime, dominated Nate Diaz, and probably beat Cerrone all 3 times.

to say he is not a good fighter is ridiculous 

Bendo fought a much taller, stronger, bigger & longer man last night, and probably a better fighter too.

Doesn't mean Bendo is a bad fighter, he just has to fight guys his own size. He could barely get in range on that guy, who pushed him to the fence with ease. He should do ok at 155 in Bellator.

God damn, I didn't even realize Jon Jones is fighting OSP TONIGHT. Wow. DJ vs. Cejudo and Pettis vs. Barboza...

Rumor has it that Jones and Cormier take the main event at 200 if Jones beats OSP.

I kinda like this main event tonight. Weird matchup with Jones in a unique circumstance. OSP will most likely be swinging for the fences like Sammy Sosa. Hopefully it's not at air, but it probably will be. Jones via TKO RD 3.

Cejudo won a gold medal in wrestling, but I still think DJ can take him down because of his all around game. Kind of like Munoz got taken down more than Royce Gracie. Adding strikes makes it a different game. DJ fakes a punch and Cejudo won't be defending the TD the way he'd normally want to. DJ cruises and gets the RNC RD 3.

I think Pettis of a couple years ago takes care of Barboza handily, and I'll bet on him stepping up enough to do it tonight. RNC RD 2.

Bones over OSP, submission: OSP only has a chance in this fight because this is MMA and crazy **** happens. He has power, but you can see it coming a mile away. Even with the short notice change, Bones will be well prepared. I think Bones picks him apart at range, get a clinch takedown, a little ground and pound which leads to an eventual submission.

DJ over Cejudo by Unanimous Decision: Cejudo might land a takedown or two, but I don't know if he can keep Mighty Mouse there. On the feet, Cejudo has decent hands, but he's never been in with anybody close to MM's striking. I don't think you can reasonably pick against Mighty Mouse until he shows a crack or two.

Pettis over Barboza by submission: I think if it stays at any range, Barboza has a chance to beat Pettis. I'm thinking that Pettis knows that he needs a win and will work a couple of surprise takedowns to get it to the mat where he should have a big edge.

he won that first fight with Frankie

beat Jim Miller when Miller was rolling towards a title shot, beat Guida at his prime, dominated Nate Diaz, and probably beat Cerrone all 3 times.

to say he is not a good fighter is ridiculous

I guess I chose my words poorly. I meant that he's not a great fighter that's going to keep being in contention for the belt. He's a gate keeper, Frank Mir type fighter.

And I disagree. I believe he lost to Frankie both times, especially the second time which was a very lopsided fight.