Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Just saw on Bleacher Report that Dana White said it was false and just tabloid reporting.

it started as something posted by The Sun. I would look at The Onion for legitimate news before I looked at The Sun

Looks like the Sun may have gotten it right this time.

According to Dad, the matchup will actually happen soon, and perhaps before the end of the year.

Also, it's hard to imagine either guy saying no, to that monstrous paycheck they will surely reap.

I wonder if Junior will restrict Senior from talkin to the press, after this.

(Subject starts at 1:20 through 2:57, and then 3:43 to the end.)

Ch7YNN4XIAE99S-.jpg

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

That was a pretty good fight. Reem wins, but Arlovski also looked pretty decent as well early.  Overeem has been fighting smarter, protecting his chin, using range, not using all his energy in the first 2 minutes of his fights.

That crowd in Netherlands was fantastic too. The enthusiasm rivaled the crowds in Brazil.

Germaine de Randamie looked like a beast too. She turned down a fight with Cyborg because she wanted to be able to fight in her hometown in front of her family.  Understandably so, but I would like to see her and Cyborg fight.

It would be an embarrassment of epic proportions. Conor would get thrashed and any cred he had left would evaporate.

Since he lost to Nate he has gone completely bonkers. Off the reservation. Dude is suffering from ALMOST as much career amnesia as Ronda Rousey.

Since he lost to Nate he has gone completely bonkers. Off the reservation. Dude is suffering from ALMOST as much career amnesia as Ronda Rousey.

He has a lot of holes in his game. It was only a matter of time before someone exploited it. I mean Mendes was destroying him up until he gassed.

it would make dollars, therefore it makes sense

still won't happen though

It would make some money, but not nearly what they would like. No way would Floyd get 9 figures for this fight. I highly doubt that MMA fans would want to see one of their guys get totally embarrassed by Someone they hate. I have gotten all of Floyd's PPV's and even I would sit this one out.

The fight makes no sense, but casual fans of both sports would eat it up for all the wrong reasons.  I remember the japanese promotion DREAM did a new year's show where they had MMA vs. Kickboxing. It was a 2 round fight with one round for each sport's rules. 

Conor losing a boxing match/Floyd losing an MMA march accomplishes what exactly? One thing is for sure, if the fight ever did happen I would have to avoid going anywhere in public it would be showing and maybe just watch it at home to avoid all the the ridiculous fanboys on each side.

The fight makes no sense, but casual fans of both sports would eat it up for all the wrong reasons.  I remember the japanese promotion DREAM did a new year's show where they had MMA vs. Kickboxing. It was a 2 round fight with one round for each sport's rules. 

Conor losing a boxing match/Floyd losing an MMA march accomplishes what exactly? One thing is for sure, if the fight ever did happen I would have to avoid going anywhere in public it would be showing and maybe just watch it at home to avoid all the the ridiculous fanboys on each side.

If this were going to be an MMA match, absolutely people would eat it up. I'm sure they're millions of people that would love to see Floyd get choked out. But do you really believe a ton of MMA fans would put down anywhere from $80-$100 to see Floyd embarrass one of theirs in a boxing ring?

• Like 1

If this were going to be an MMA match, absolutely people would eat it up. I'm sure they're millions of people that would love to see Floyd get choked out. But do you really believe a ton of MMA fans would put down anywhere from $80-$100 to see Floyd embarrass one of theirs in a boxing ring?

Yes

Don't underestimate the sheer ignorance of casual combat sports fans.  You should see some of the social media feeds of McGregor.  People en mass actually thinking McGregor would tool Mayweather in a boxing ring.  It's a sad spectacle. 

I hate it too, because being an avid fan of both sports, that wishes the hard-liners on each side would just pipe down and enjoy/respect each sport, stuff like this just amps everyone up and you start hearing the same ol' tired anecdotes recycled again. 

Edited by NoCalMike

At least in a boxing match, he won't have to worry about people like Mendes and Diaz taking him down or ragdolling him

It's one thing to have great stand up in MMA, it's another to fight someone like Mayweather. We're talking about arguably one of the top 3 greatest boxers ever versus a guy who's a pretty good mixed martial artist. Even if he made a ton of money this would end whatever shine Mcgregor has left. He'd be so outclassed and embarrassed that this would be like a freak show fight.

There's literally no point to this whatsoever. I was ready for him to lose because I believed he was an incredibly overrated MMA fighter. This however is just stupid. It's no different than Toney coming over and immediately fighting one of the best MMA fighters ever in Randy Couture. I hate this and it embarrasses me as a fan of MMA.

Yeah what most MMA fans fail to realize is that "good standup in MMA" is world's different than striking only sports.  There is so much more an opponent has to be worried about in MMA to where you can usually get away with more holes in your stand up game.

For example, and this is off the top of my head. Rouse vs. Holm.  Prior to that fight, Rousey clearly got away with just using her stand up as a distraction in order to setup the clinch and takedowns.  She finally ran into an opponent who is a legit striker from a striking-only sport who was not thrown off or overwhelmed.

Look at how many total killers from Muay Thai backgrounds come to MMA and end up so-so or completely out of the sport.  It is just two different worlds. 

MMA fans collectively are the dumbest group of fans I've seen in sports