Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

past few fights Werdum has showed an incredible discipline in sticking to a game plan

i'm still trying to make sense of that 40yd dash **** he tried tonight

Miocic isn't really a single shot puncher, but Werdum supplied all the power by charging

Edited by StillUnknown

Miocic isn't really a single shot puncher, but Werdum supplied all the power by charging

Didn't Miocic KO him while backpedaling ?

That kind of offsets the momentum of Werdum charging

And may be a reflection of Miocic's actual power, since he's not using 100% of his power when trotting backwards. Kind of like pitching with no wind-up.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

that was a dumbass charge from Werdum, he earned that knockout 

Honestly, in the days preceding the fight I got the impression Fab thought he could not lose. The stupid "face" thing was annoying and from the Werdum interviews I saw, he simply didn't give Stipe any respect. 

He was reckless long before he even entered the octagon. By friday night I had Stipe winning.

I have a feeling Vitor gets the upset blitz tonight. 

The USADA would like a word with you.  :)

We still often at times get caught up on individual fights defining a fighter.  

In the sport of MMA everyone doesn't peak at 25 and have the 5-8 years of being invincible.  Many fighters come from a different combat sport where they dominated and are already in the late 20's or early 30's by the time they hit MMA and it takes time for that transition to work.  Look at how average Holly Holm looked in previous MMA bouts before KO'ing Rousey.   Look at how many muay thai killers come to MMA and look lost for their first few fights.  Going from a single discipline sport to MMA requires not only learning new disciplines but also very much much requires re-learning your own discipline as it relates to MMA and how you have to modify technique, it's not an overnight process and quite often it will cost someone a few fights before they know what they're doing.