Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I'd be more interested in a Souza rematch as I think he looks like an improved fighter over their first fight. I think Rockhold demolishes Bisping.

Yeah, Bisping might have won the fight vs. A 41 year old past his prime Anderson Silva, but he also got KTFO by A 41 year old past his prime Anderson Silva.

A close to prime-age champ in Rockhold-or even Weidman's would destroy Bisping.

Souza if he wants it, if not they should wait for Weidman then have Souza next. If Weidman is out for a while, give it to Souza, even at a later date.

UFC should just do an old timers card: Silva v Belfort2, Machida Henderson2, Rua v lil nog, Mir v Barnett etc.

I'd be more interested in a Souza rematch as I think he looks like an improved fighter over their first fight.  I think Rockhold demolishes Bisping.

True, but we don't always get the best or most sensible matchups, or the most deserved matchups. when fighters have to be replaced with short-notice, due to injury.

i.e.....

Cormier vs Cummins,

Dillashaw vs Soto,

Jones vs OSP.

Dana tweeted out the Weidman injury, Jacare's miniscus surgery, then announced Bisping Rockhold.

I know it's a bummer, and I appreciate the update on Jacare, but can't he give Bisping his moment in the sun by saving the injury updates for a second tweet? Or at least announce Bisping first in the tweet.

It sucks, but who else at 185 is available to fight? I'm sure Vitor called to make his case.

EDIT: just saw Uriah Hall & Gegard Mousasi asked for the fight as well. Hall isn't worthy of a title shot, maybe Gegard isn't either, but both would be a better fight than Bisping.

Edited by artmonkforHOF

EDIT: just saw Uriah Hall & Gegard Mousasi asked for the fight as well. Hall isn't worthy of a title shot, maybe Gegard isn't either, but both would be a better fight than Bisping.

How about Robert Whittaker ? He's on a 5-fight win streak. He's ranked above Hall and Mousasi. In fact, he recently beat Hall, and Hall beat Mousasi. So the MMA Math creates a clear picture, at least. He may be the most challenging, sensible, and deserving option, of all available fighters, to go against Rockhold.

How about Robert Whittaker ? He's on a 5-fight win streak. He's ranked above Hall and Mousasi. In fact, he recently beat Hall, and Hall beat Mousasi. So the MMA Math creates a clear picture, at least. He may be the most challenging, sensible, and deserving option, of all available fighters, to go against Rockhold.

I forgot about Whittaker, he just fought on 197. Checking the Medicals from that, looks like he might have broken a right hand & needed X-rays. Got a minimum no contact until just a few days ago and no contest until May 24.

That would have been better than both Hall & Mousasi.

• Like 1

Anyone watch the Bellator fight tonight between Carvalho vs. Manhoef? That was the worst Championship fight I have ever seen in my life watching MMA. 1 kick landed by Manhoef in the first round only strike landed by either fighter! Manhoef dominated in the extremely little action, Carvalho did almost nothing the entire fight. Then to top it off one of the worst decision I have ever seen, split decision for Carvalho! Fans booed the entire fight, the was completely embarrassing for MMA as a sport and as usual the judges are a joke as well! Carvalho maybe landed 10 to 15 strikes the entire fight, one takedown and did nothing! The really need to revamp the entire judging system in MMA!! The should have to pass and very serious course to become judges. It is like the just take 3 random people from boxing that have no idea about MMA and put them out there. I think they need an expert in each discipline to teach all these judges to help them understand how to score fights. Most have no clue that a Jiu-Jitsu fighter can win a round from the bottom. They just give someone a round if they get on top even if they are being out struck and controlled the entire time. Drives me crazy, makes me long for the early days no gloves, fight until someone gets a finish! I really think you should have 3 ten minute rounds, gives ground fighters time to set up finishes and I think we will always see someone break in that about of time. It will get rid of the point fighting we are seeing more and more.  End of rant!!

• 2 weeks later...

I saw nothing in Faber's last fight that gives me any reason to think he can beat the Dom Cruz that showed up against TJ. This Dom Cruz is even further removed from rust and injury and has seemingly lost none of his movement. Faber has noticeably slowed over the years. Its MMA so crazy **** happens, but i would be shocked if he were competitive, let alone beats Cruz.

Bisping better pray Rockhold's injury is bad, otherwise he has the proverbial snowball's chance in hell of winning