Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Eh. I see Cruz out-working Faber with his footwork but it will likely be an unspectacular 48-47 majority decision.  Remember their 2nd fight?  Cruz was basically running circles around octagon scoring points.  Faber didn't land a bunch but whenever he did Cruz was either dropped, staggered, or definitely reacted like he felt it.   If anything I'd say Faber's lack of aggression is what made the biggest difference in the fight. When Cruz hit the ground Faber didn't even look to approach to follow up.  I have a feeling he will be more aggressive this time around.

This whole "feud" rubs me the wrong way because it seem phony.  Obviously Cruz doesn't like Faber, but he's never really explained why.  I know the origin was him being butt-hurt because on their first fight when he was virtually unknown, their poster featured Faber and Cruz was either not on it, or just his name.  Ok whatever, big deal buddy, that is how sports works you usually are treated as an unknown until you make a name for yourself.  Other then that, what else is there?  I've never really heard legitimate reasons. I think it's more a case of Cruz needing to create "bad guy Faber" in his head.  Faber has said for years he never really even understood why Cruz hated him but if wanted to play that game, than sure, fine, whatever.

In the end I think Cruz will win this fight, because Faber doesn't seem to do well against this style of fighter.  I think we are looking at another 48-47, or perhaps 49-46 decision for Cruz, but man do I hope Faber connects and puts Dom's lights out.

Henderson can beat Lombard if he makes it out of Round 1.  Interesting to see what kind of fighter Lombard looks like in post-TRT era. 

Rockhold....well he can probably decide on the spot how he'd like to finish Bisping.

Edited by NoCalMike

Those two fought their asses off. Respect the hell out of both dudes.

I legit did not think dan could raise his leg high enough for a head kick

i'll be damned

his brain is mush, but still has iron in that hand

Hendo is my dude but I don't want to see this continue. He's got to stop.

I legit did not think dan could raise his leg high enough for a head kick

If Lombard doesn't grab and hold onto that leg kick, and leave himself wide open to the elbow, it could have been a completely different outcome.

Hendo is my dude but I don't want to see this continue. He's got to stop.

Seems like he's heard all the comments tonight.

He just verbalized that may be his last fight.

Couture stayed in the UFC til he was what, about 48 ?

Maybe Hendo is trying to beat that.

Randy started MMA in his 30s. Hendo has one of, if not THE toughest slew of opponents ever in a career. You could still be right, especially since they were training partners and it could be a friendly bet type of thing. But Hendo has been through the **** a lot more than Randy has. That Shogun fight alone probably took years off his life.

I can see him fighting in Bellator at 50 years old. I don't know why, but I can't see him stopping for some reason. That power will stick around til he's got oxygen tubes up his nostrils. Which could be in 10 years.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Holloway extends the offer to throw down in fisticuffs for the final 10 seconds. Llamas obliges. 

A fight between gentlemen.

LOL

Those guys are ****ing crazy!

Edited by STBonecrusher21