Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I care. I like to believe mma as a legitimate sport but the ufc doesn't seem to care. The bisping I can kinda understand. Jacare was injured and couldn't take the fight.

Then delay the fight. Bisping had no business getting a title shot. Even though he won it never should've happened.

He is not ranked anywhere near a title shot. Him koing bisping ages ago isn't justification. Nick Diaz doesn't deserve a title shot off koing Lawler ages ago either.

There are several variables other than looking narrowmindedly at ranking that can determine an opponent. The best chance for those two would be short notice injury replacement. With other fighters booked, fighters above them who are coming off losses, those who have recently lost to the champ, those who are injured, and lastly my point - that Hendo (and Nick for that matter) are friggin legends who torched those dudes (okay, years ago), can lead to a justifiable matchup. I seriously can't see myself being upset by those fights being booked if there isn't a clear cut person above them. If it's between Hendo and the shelf, I choose Hendo.

Anyone think this guy has potential to be an up-and-coming future contender in the HW division ?

His leg kicks to the head are consistently vicious and athletic, more-so than any HW fighter I've personally seen. And not too shabby with the striking, either.

His most notable win so far was against Shawn Jordan, but I think he could go much further, if given the chance.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

I think Fedor is coming to the UFC. May hinge on him winning tonight, but if he does I think it will happen. Never thought I'd believe it, always seemed like the UFC and him were like oil and water, but now they're promoting the crap out of him and you can watch his fight on Fight Pass.

Also, the rumors of the UFC being sold are still holding steady. Hope it doesn't happen, I welcome change but think The Fertittas and Dana have done a fantastic job overall. There are definitely things about Dana and the business that aren't perfect, but overall the sport blew up 100-fold during their tenure.

Also, I think this is a cool pic:

13483141_1049385948474633_26517262934669

They are selling because I think they have seen the writing on the wall that the sport has grown about as big as it can without facing the same scrutiny that mainstream sports do.   Fertittas enjoy being the quiet behind-closed-doors bosses.  Dana is out there as the publicity guy.  He is good at it, great actually.  Even if you look at his major screw ups, they still pale in comparison to the positive he has done for UFC.   The issue is though as the sport keeps growing and more eyeballs are on it, some of their business practices are going to be more heavily questioned and followed up on.  Right now they can pretty much get away with bullying 90% of the media covering them because it is MMA sites and independent media.   If they  get to a point where the big networks start giving a damn, that is going to change the game.   They've made their fortune, largely at the fighter's expenses and they probably want to get while the gettin's good.

BTW, my stream for the Fedor fight just died.  Anyone have a good one?

They are selling because I think they have seen the writing on the wall that the sport has grown about as big as it can without facing the same scrutiny that mainstream sports do.   Fertittas enjoy being the quiet behind-closed-doors bosses.  Dana is out there as the publicity guy.  He is good at it, great actually.  Even if you look at his major screw ups, they still pale in comparison to the positive he has done for UFC.   The issue is though as the sport keeps growing and more eyeballs are on it, some of their business practices are going to be more heavily questioned and followed up on.  Right now they can pretty much get away with bullying 90% of the media covering them because it is MMA sites and independent media.   If they  get to a point where the big networks start giving a damn, that is going to change the game.   They've made their fortune, largely at the fighter's expenses and they probably want to get while the gettin's good.

The Fertittas are venture capitalists.  They've made a **** ton of money with the UFC, and you are right, its about as big as its going to get.  So now they probably want to cash out and put it into something else with the potential to grow and make them a ****load more money.  Pretty standard stuff for VC guys.  

Edited by PleaseBlitz

Fedor wins a majority decision.  Not sure....because my stream kept going bad at rounds 4 and 5.  It was Draw-Fedor-Fedor on the cards.

One thing for sure.  Fedor doesn't fight any different than he did in his prime and that is going to be a big problem if he is actually thinking about signing with UFC.   No one will ever be able to take away his run in PRIDE, and rightfully beating the brains in of all the best HW fighters of his era, but it's evident to me over the course of his last 4-5 fights that the sport has passed him by and it's not like he is 33 with a couple of years to evolve, he is about to hit 40 years old and doesn't display that straight right hand speed that made him famous.

I can't blame him if he wants to do a one-off UFC showcase fight, but for the sake of your health Fedor......no.

Oh and sidenote: The commentator guy was hilarious.

"OMG what is going on, Fedor is on his back, I don't understand....what is this?"

"Fedor back to his feet, I cannot believe.....I cannot believe"

"Why is Maldonado not fighting back? I don't understand...what is going on"

"Fedor has nothing to be proud of....*silence*.....Fedor will likely win a decision*

very interested to see how Rory looks tomorrow. even with the extended layoff, hard to imagine he's the same fighter after his fight with Lawler. Also interested to see Wonderbody's takedown defense, it hasn't been tested in a while.  Hendricks couldn't close the distance without getting lit up, the distance won't be as big this time around.