Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Horrible way to end the fight, but it doesn't really phase me with how arrogant Silva has been recently. Its the same reason I enjoyed watching him get KO'ed last go around. When you get too big for your britches **** happens. 

Good for Weidman, he looked even more sharp this fight than any other before. Was dominating Anderson.

Edited by Rocket442Olds

Yeah, Weidman definitely won the 1st round, can't argue that, but Silva wasn't a ragdoll on the bottom or anything. He bloodied up Weidman, and held strong in his guard.

Still, I would argue that regardless of how the rest of the fight would have potentially gone. Weidman did plenty enough in the 1st round to show the 1st fight was no fluke.

A lot of people assume when someone beats a P4P champ or a "GOAT" nominee, that they will automatically be the next one to take over long term, but it doesn't always turn out that way. Sometimes certain guys just have other one's numbers.  Sometimes it is a matchup thing, sometimes you catch the guy at the right/wrong time in their career etc etc etc.......

Lets us not forget Silva is 38.

Weidman has a bright future, but I'd pump the breaks on all the "He's going to be champ for a looong time" talk. Over the years Silva beat up all sorts of styles/opponents.  Will be a long time for Weidman to put together that kind of resume.

That was horrible. Glad o didn't go see this one, almost did, had the money but decided not to. After the last fight, I was resigned to Silva losing again, at least had a mindset for that, but I could not have handled being in that arrna after that.

Think about it, we at home heard Rogan & Goldberg, in the arena , you would have heard Silva's screams, nothing could prepare me for that.

Sad to seeSilva go out like that, but I think we will see Silva Wiedman 3 in 2015 after a tune up fight. No fighter wants to go out like that, especially Silva, even with an almost impossible road to recovery in front of him, I think Silva will want to "finish" his fight with Weidman, even if he loses I think Silva thinks there is unfinished business.

Here's hoping he is ok. Man that couldn't have sucked worse. & now wiedman has 2 wins with asteriks over the best fighter in the world, bet he's not feeling as great as a winner would right now.

Rousey said Dana approached her before the fight but she didn't want to give an answer and stay focused on her fight.

Dana said Zingano will be able to start training in March, so they probably wanted to get Ronda a fight sooner than later instead of a longer layoff, likely into the summer.

Zingano is still the #1 contender though, and will fight whoever the champ is.

Bas Rutten · 311,042 like this
5 minutes ago · 
  • Way more fighters don't open their hips bec it makes the kick faster, but is also less effective since u kick with a flatter bone=less penetration. 

I will talk about it more on video, let me re watch what I posted first. 

Right now I am with the family in Vegas, so it's family time. 

Godspeed

Not to best a dead horse, but those gifs really show it. How can Weidman feel beating the GOAT by defending a leg kick? A reactionary defensive move slays the giant by injury, almost like having Goliath block the stone with his knee, only to have it broken in the process.

Everyone, do what Weidman did at home, get in your fighting stance-orthodox or southpaw it doesn't really matter- raise your lead leg & extend your arms to brace for a high kick...like leaning in to stop a kick.... And that's what wins you the fight. Weidman might have actually done Silva a huge favor by ending him like this, nothing worse than seeing a fighter a step slower, not bring able to react the way they once did, like Chris Leben earlier tonight. Silva should lol to other things while he still has his head & most of his body left, fighting is a young mans game, not for a man close to 40 with 5 kids.

I don't think the kid is better than Silva, even with 2 wins under his belt, but I could see him getting an easy 5 wins in his NE t fights. Yeah sure there is Vitor, then maybe Lyoto, Jacare, but if he beats Vitor-highly possible-he could fight Bisping, Kennedy, Chael & Dan Henderson next depending on how the cards fall.

Well off to watch old Silva fights, like Irvin & Franklin I & II, can't play gran turismo 6 while this drunk, & it will be at least a year before I see Silva again, if ever.

Thank you Anderson, for everything, you where more than anyone could have hoped for.

Edited by artmonkforHOF

http://instagram.com/p/ig-LHfSNs8/

edblackhouse

3 minutes ago

"Following Saturday evening's UFC 168 main event, former champion Anderson Silva was taken to a local Las Vegas hospital where he underwent surgery to repair a broken leg. The successful surgery, performed by Dr. Steven Sanders, the UFC's Orthopedic Surgeon, inserted a locked intramedullary rod into Anderson's left tibia. The broken fibula was stabilized and does not require a separate surgery. Anderson will remain in the hospital for a short while, but no additional surgery is scheduled at this time. Recovery time for such injuries may vary between three and six months. "Anderson is deeply touched by the outpouring of support from his fans and the entire MMA community. There has been no immediate decision about his future, and he would kindly ask for privacy at this time as he deals with his injury and prepares to return home to recover."

Here's hoping he is ok. Man that couldn't have sucked worse. & now wiedman has 2 wins with asteriks over the best fighter in the world, bet he's not feeling as great as a winner would right now.

Why two asteriks?  Silva may have been been ****y, but that is hardly worth an asterik.  Weidman smashed his face in.