Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Her Judo is insanely good though.  Her opponents can't clinch or even attempt a take down.  It's one thing to defend takedowns it's another to require space at all times, that's almost impossible to do in the UFC.  

I only give 2 people a shot at beating her, Sara McMann because her wrestling pedigree & Cyborg because I think she could KO Rousey before being thrown to the floor. McMann pulled out her last fight with an injury and haven't heard anything from her since. Olympic Silver medal in wrestling vs. Bronze in Judo makes a compelling matchup. Might be one of the few who can match Rousey's athleticism and overall skill level in one specific field.

Right, exactly. I think what I meant was, her Judo is so elite that it isn't going to suffer if say she needs to spend the majority of her camp working on other skills particular to her opponent, where as a lot of fighters, they have to pick and choose what they might not be so sharp with in order to game plan specifics.

Ronda's Judo is hip-pocket status.  Even when Meisha appeared to have a wrap up, Ronda just reversed it so effortlessly. That is a lifetime of skill and knowledge in there, not a training camp.

I only give 2 people a shot at beating her, Sara McMann because her wrestling pedigree & Cyborg because I think she could KO Rousey before being thrown to the floor. McMann pulled out her last fight with an injury and haven't heard anything from her since. Olympic Silver medal in wrestling vs. Bronze in Judo makes a compelling matchup. Might be one of the few who can match Rousey's athleticism and overall skill level in one specific field.

McMann is a compelling matchup because I don't think going to the ground is a bad spot for McMann like it is just about any other opponents line up for Rousey.  If a wrestlers gets on top of Rousey, they might have the ability to ground & pound and the strength to keep from getting submitted.

Cyborg is out there, looming too, but until she takes fights at 135 and can prove she can stay off the juice doing it, that fight will never happen.

What will ultimately test Ronda is once she faces real adversity in a fight. Say, she gets bloodied up, or maybe gets down a round or two. So far her worst spot was when Carmouche had the crossface-like hold on her, it wasn't anything that was going to end the fight, but it was a bad position. Ronda did work her way out.

Edited by NoCalMike

They should make them wear the medals on the fight stare down.  

Interesting Weidman thanks Jesus, as his opponent is getting stretchered out from a brutal injury.  That part of the divine plan?

Well if Silva pissed off jesus that ending suddenly makes a lot more sense.  It's more subtle than a lightning strike (is Jesus Thor?) but not so subtle that it goes without notice.  

Edited by Destino