Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

I just signed up for the free trial for the WWE network. Does it have the 2016 WWE Hall of fame induction ceremony anywhere in the archives section? I am still trying to see the difference between shows and original etc. I am going to look at the last couple pay per views.

Yeah the HOF is on there. I think it's under "shows".
  • Like 1

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/wwe-suspends-jerry-lawler-after-he-was-arrested-for-domestic-violence

WWE Hall of Famer Jerry Lawler was arrested for domestic violence early Friday morning, according to Memphis’ WFSB.com. Lawler and his fiancée Lauryn McBride allegedly got into an argument that turned violent. McBride told local police that Lawler held her against the kitchen counter, hit her head and then pushed her against the stove. Lawler then went and got a pistol and put in the kitchen counter and told her to “go ahead and kill yourself.”

Lawler told police that the argument started when McBride lied to him about where she had been. Lawler claims that she scratched him in the face, threw a candle at him, and kicked him in the groin. Lawler also claimed that she was drunk and suicidal.

Both Lawler and McBride were arrested and booked into the Shelby County Jail around 1 am Friday.

WWE issued the following statement:

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Jerry Lawler was arrested at his home Friday morning by the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office in Memphis, Tenn.

According to a police report, Lawler and his girlfriend, Lauryn McBride, were taken into custody and booked on alleged charges of domestic assault—bodily harm, a misdemeanor.

WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving domestic violence, and per our policy, Jerry Lawler has been suspended indefinitely following his arrest.

I've seen pictures of Lawler's lady friend. She is lovely but has to be pushing 30 now. I'm surprised this didn't happen in time for high school beach week.

In all honesty, the biggest problem with the death of kayfabe is learning that all these guys from the 70s and 80s went into wrestling because they literally had no other place in society. Lawler has never drunk alcohol or done drugs, but there is a line of young used and abused women lining the highway from Nashville to Memphis.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

Well they were looking to downgrade him when they moved him off of Raw to Smackdown. Now with the brand split coming, this gives them opportunity to dump him completely off the announce teams & maybe pair Mauro Ranallo with Corey Graves for Smackdown.

Whoa whoa whoa… Let's not go nuts here.

I think he's one of the five best wrestlers ever. And I'm old and know stuff.

Seriously, try to find any of his matches with Bockwinkle. They are as good in their own way as anything Flair and Steamboat did.

The biggest knock on Lawler is that he never really left Memphis. But he was making $5 or $6 grand a week for 20 years all while sleeping in his own bed most nights.

Can you imagine a wrestler today getting insane heat by beating down a comedian?  Sure, some of that was because of the genius of Andy Kaufman, but Lawler convinced the nation that there was genuine hatred between them (or at least on the side of Lawler). 

I don't see anyone else being able to pull that off.

Can you imagine a wrestler today getting insane heat by beating down a comedian?  Sure, some of that was because of the genius of Andy Kaufman, but Lawler convinced the nation that there was genuine hatred between them (or at least on the side of Lawler). 

I don't see anyone else being able to pull that off.

I think Lawler would have been a star anywhere that was not New York, but he and Memphis were a perfect relationship. I don't think Kaufman could have done that successfully anywhere else with the possible exception of Florida. But I think Dusty would have seen that as beneath him, and Blackjack would have looked ridiculous in the ring with a 160 pound comedian. Lawler just embraced any nonsense that he thought would sell a ticket. And those fans had very high tolerance levels for nonsense.

Lawler embraced nonsense like it was a 13 year old girl.......

What are the odds Lawler shows up on a sex offender list in the near future?

The dude is 66. I think he's probably safe from a conviction on that at this point. Is everyone aware that Lawler beat a statutory rape charge in 1993? And has everyone seen the Doug Gilbert interview that more or less ended Memphis wrestling as a thing that existed in America?

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/wrestlings-greatest-shoots-volume-2-doug-gilbert-vs-jerry-lawler/

For the record, his current lady is 27. Like I said, she only had two or three more years anyway.

I think he's one of the five best wrestlers ever. And I'm old and know stuff.

Seriously, try to find any of his matches with Bockwinkle. They are as good in their own way as anything Flair and Steamboat did.

The biggest knock on Lawler is that he never really left Memphis. But he was making $5 or $6 grand a week for 20 years all while sleeping in his own bed most nights.

I think a lot of people (mostly my age range, 26-31) probably look at Lawler more as an announcer than what he basically was. Guy was amazing.

Seems like for the last 20 years he's sorta replaced that with puppies and female mud wrestling reffing.

I think a lot of people (mostly my age range, 26-31) probably look at Lawler more as an announcer than what he basically was. Guy was amazing.

Seems like for the last 20 years he's sorta replaced that with puppies and female mud wrestling reffing.

Lawler was in his mid 40s when he came to the WWF. And, like I said, he was never going to main event in that territory - being 5'10 and pudgy on his best day. The thing about Lawler is that he always knew precisely why he was in wrestling - for money and ****.

And he has made top money non-stop for over 40 years. No one has ever done that.

Of course, the only time he stopped getting paid was when he let a young blonde cloud his vision and he quit when The Kat got fired. I do think he learned his lesson and stopped marrying the 20somethings when she left him.

There is no way to ever really do this, but I would love to know where Lawler's career earnings rank. I assume the top slots will be Austin and Hogan since they made tens of millions. Rock and Cena are probably in the next group. I would guess Flair and Dusty are up there just based on longevity along with the deals they got as booker and world champ. Piper and Savage of course. Nash and HHH because of the modern world of contracts.

I bet Lawler is in the top 15, which is amazing for a guy who ever really wrestled on a WrestleMania. Never had an inflated WCW deal. Never was really a world champ, aside from the dying days of the AWA.

Of course, his net worth is probably 10 percent of what it should be thanks to his divorces and god knows what else he's given to women over the years.

The amazing thing is that he's not in Ric Flair territory of being in debt to Residence Inns and ****. He has enough cash on hand to buy replica models of the Batmobile when he gets bored.

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/jerry-the-king-lawler-owns-a-batmobile-and-drives-it-around-because-its-good-to-be-the-king/

I remember realizing he was a big deal back in the mid-late 80s from the wrestling magazines, since we didn't get Memphis wrestling.  I was young when the Andy Kaufman bit happened.  There weren't a whole lot of guys that transcended the territory they were in, but he was certainly one.