Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Yeah, that might be true. He at least try to have a personality. Maybe eventually he would've found a good one. Look at Big E. He tried three or four different personalities and gave it his all on them before he found one that wasn't stupid.

Edit: oh, and today at my school when I was teaching I said, "Aaaaaaaah second-grade… Don't you dare be sour." One of the kids goes "feel the power!!!"

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 1

WWE also officially released the Brooklyn Brawler, aka Steve Lombardi today, too... no joke.

I am unfamiliar with NJPW, so to me, Gallows and Anderson look like standard weak henchmen...which is a shame, because from everything I've read, they were a dominating force. I also simply just see Festus when I look at DG...

They are what they look like, generic henchmen. They dont do anything particurly interesting. They got a generic look, generic moves, generic promos, and now they have the most generic name possible, The Club, which is not their fault. But whatever they were in NJPW is irrelevant. They’re not in Japan anymore. The Bullet Club is the most overrated thing in wrestling.

Gallows is the same cat I didnt care about the first time in WWE, in TNA, in NJPW, and now again in WWE. And I'm waiting to see something compelling out of Anderson. He's not untalented, but they got a lot of talented dudes.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll tell you what. I've always thought the Miz was a waste. Then they put the IC strap on him & let him work with Cesaro, Sammi, & KO for the last month or so. Those four guys have been having amazing matches with each other. Reminds me of the old SmackDown Six. Match of the year candidate from them last night.

Jericho & Ambrose in TNA's Lethal Lockdown.... Err ... Asylum Match was way better then I thought it'd be. Old school pacing. Actually selling ****. Especially when Ambrose pulls the bag of tacks out, the look Jericho had on his face was priceless.

Agin, AJ makes Roman look better then he is. My biggest gripe here was the announce team sells the **** out of Romans knee buckling only to have him pop up pulling a SuperCena no sell crapfest on the story the announcement team is selling.

Raw should be good tonight with Seth Rollins back.

• Like 1

Cody Rhodes (Runnels) asked for his release and was granted it by the WWE.  Rumored to be related to him wanting them to end the Stardust gimmick for 6 months and they wouldn't listen to him.

Except I remember everyone wanting him to go back to Cody after Dusty passed and he didn't want to. But a lot of the suggestions were to turn his being Cody into an angle related to Dusty. If he'd just come out as Cody and not said anything about it, everyone would've gone along with it. The counter argument is "well, Vince would've vetoed it then too", but I don't think so. He had so much goodwill then.

Now, having said that, it's pretty messed up that Vince has been nixing ending Stardust, but then didn't have anything else in mind for him, leaving him to flounder. Why not let him be Cody Rhodes if you're just gonna job Stardust?

Cody actually posted a lengthy explanation on twitter(link below). To sum it up he's sick and tired of being buried on the roster.

https://twitter.com/PrinceCGR/status/734501299337584641/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

I get it but honestly, the roster is so stacked that someone was gonna be screwed over. Just the nature of the business

I will say his Dashing and subsequent Undashing gimmicks were amazing

Should have never stopped that IMO

Smackdown going live and moving to Tuesday. Brand split returning.

Smart idea. In the mid aughts, the roster wasn't good enough to pull off. Now it is.