Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

And so it starts

Wow. That was possibly the best wrestling-related thing I've seen in a decade--literally. And it seemed a little too personal to be schtick. You want schtick go look at that bull**** between the two the last time the Rock was on. "I respect you." "I respect you too."

And honestly, it'd be better if it is schtick. That means it might be a preview of things to come. Away from this PG-rated bull**** that has me not caring about the WWE at all. Bring back the Attitude mindset. I miss that.

Wow. That was possibly the best wrestling-related thing I've seen in a decade--literally. And it seemed a little too personal to be schtick. You want schtick go look at that bull**** between the two the last time the Rock was on. "I respect you." "I respect you too."

And honestly, it'd be better if it is schtick. That means it might be a preview of things to come. Away from this PG-rated bull**** that has me not caring about the WWE at all. Bring back the Attitude mindset. I miss that.

Who doesn't miss that? I'd say the worst thing that happened to the quality of the WWE was the company going public.

And so it starts

That's what I'm talkin' bout'!!!

And that video also confirms what I've been thinking ever since I stopped watching the WWE. This man (The Rock) came into the WWF, at a time when there was fierce, cutthroat competition with virtually nothing more than his father and grandfathers name, which at the beginning, probably did more to hinder him, than help him.

He took his lumps early, probably due to being given to much too soon, but then eventually forced his way to the top, using his own identity, and single handedly revolutionized the sport of professional wrestling forever, and because of the Monday Night Wars, is one of the main reasons why Cena even has a contract with the WWE.

Yes, Rock left early, and it sucked, but I didn't take it personally, because that's his life, and it's his decision, not mine. Then Mr. Marine comes into the picture, and I remember his debut to this day, with his two toned Rollerball wannabe tights, wrestling against Kurt Angle. He later on chose to go the route of a wigger/Vanilla Ice/poor mans Eminem, in order to stick around.Then, due to the departure of Brock Lesnar, and the Smackdown brand frantically looking for the next "It" guy, settled on a dude with an annoying gimmick, who had about 4-5 moves in his repertoire, lumbered around the ring awkwardly, and whose signature move was the "Five Knuckle Shuffle" :doh:

The WWE liked it, and some of the fans ( I guess) liked it, but I didn't, and because of this, among other things,mainly the fact that the WWE was going in a new direction, a direction that I didn't like I might add, I bounced.

Then, supposedly after Cena somehow becomes one of the premier superstars of the era of "Ruthless Agression" as Iike to call it, he somehow has the balls to question The Rocks motives/heart/dedication/loyalty, etc, because he wouldn't show up for the 15th Anniversary special of Raw, which was most likely because, well, he's The Rock, and probably had other business/acting ventures that he was involved in, which probably didn't give him enough time to make an appearance.

I'm sure he probably told a lot of the guys that he worked with at the time, that he wasn't going to make it, and I'm sure they understood, but obviously, that wasn't enough for Cena, who called it upon himself to call him out. If I was in the Rocks shoes, I'd have been pretty pissed. That's a low thing to do, very low, and Cena couldn't have made it anymore obvious that at the root of all of this, he was a just a jealous, resentful little *****, and I'm not one to make remarks like that on the internet, but I have a lot of respect for Dwayne Johnson, and it pissed me off when I heard that.

Rock blazed a trail for pretty much every wrestler who is now employed with the WWE, he means more to the WWE than Cena ever, ever will, and that's a fact, and I think Cena himself knows this, and it eats him up, evidenced by all of the potshots that he's taken in the last few years, including this one.

Heres a tip, worry about why your stale act is starting to get **** on by select fans in arenas across the world, and focus on that, don't act like a ***** and keep talking about someone who isn't even around, and who has about 10x the talent that you ever will, and who (like he said) has done more then you ever will, in and outside of the ring, because all it does, especially when you pick a fight with a guy with the character of Dwayne Johnson, all it does is make you look bitter, and like Rock said, smart people see through the bull****, and in Cenas case in particular, it really isn't hard to see at all, and it's sad, and funny at the same time.

And that, in a nutshell, is why I stopped watching the WWE, and why I can't stand to watch it any longer. Cena may be larger than life to some people, but to me, he's just the captain of the once proud battleship that was the WWF, which has now become the sinking ship that is the WWE, and is taking on water more and more as the years go by.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I agree with just about everything you said. But the WWE is no where close to being a sinking ship.

Maybe not, but I guess it's just been too long for me, and as a result, I was too harsh in my objectivity. I guess it's just hard for me to recognize mediocre wrestling when I see it. I've watched about 6-7 episodes since I came back (February), and in my eyes, it sucks, bad, but I guess that just goes to show you how great it was, night after night, week after week, and year after year, without anyone missing a beat. That in itself is just spectacular.

It would be epic if Rock showed up tonight and Rock Bottomed Punk for running his mouth. (He won't touch Cena, pretty sure that's going to be a SummerSlam thing). But we all know he won't be there. He's filimg GI Joe :(

It would be epic if Rock showed up tonight and Rock Bottomed Punk for running his mouth. (He won't touch Cena, pretty sure that's going to be a SummerSlam thing). But we all know he won't be there. He's filimg GI Joe :(

Its funny you say that. I was wondering if they considered having the Rock and HHH, show up and jump Punk. Both are company guys obviously. I just don't see Punk jobbing like that.

Its funny you say that. I was wondering if they considered having the Rock and HHH, show up and jump Punk. Both are company guys obviously. I just don't see Punk jobbing like that.

Well, I think Punk would job like that if its for a future storyline.

I think Punk, if he's staying in WWE, is going to have a LONG run as WWE Champion. He's going to headline WM next year as he made one of his "demands" on RAW because he's going to be the champion.

Having HHH and/or Rock go after him tonight would be a start to a storyline to get him to the top. I could also see Punk winning tonight... HHH/Rock come out and hit their finishers... then the RAW MITB winner cashes in and becomes champion. I think Truth is going to win tonight.

I've ordered ONE WWE PPV in the last 9 years, this years' WM. I'm ordering this tonight. CM Punk has me intrigued.

Edited by KDawg

Honestly, it would be weird as hell seing Rock and Triple H teaming up together against anyone.

I mean I know they teamed up for a hot minute when they were both in the Corporation, but they're pretty much arch rivals, but maybe things would be different at this stage in both of their careers.

Honestly, it would be weird as hell seing Rock and Triple H teaming up together against anyone.

I mean I know they teamed up for a hot minute when they were both in the Corporation, but they're pretty much arch rivals, but maybe things would be different at this stage in both of their careers.

Which would be part of the intrigue. The WWE has the ball in their court, especially if Punk resigned. This has potential to help bring WWE back a little bit. That's the main reason I'm ordering tonight. This could be the turning point.

Go CM Punk

---------- Post added July-17th-2011 at 10:04 PM ----------

It's on!

So much trash being talked lol

---------- Post added July-17th-2011 at 10:05 PM ----------

"You are no longer the Red sox"

"You have become what everyone has hated"

"You are the New York Yankees"

punch