Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Good news!

Get well, KING!!!

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/9241/breaking-update-jerry-lawlers-girlfriend-provides-update

This from the Facebook page of Jerry Lawler's girlfriend, Lauryn Laine McBride:

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. It has been confirmed that Jerry did have a heart attack...he is in stable condition and breathing on his own & heart is stable. I'm getting on the first flight out of here to be with him & will keep everyone posted. He is a strong man and we will get him back at his best as soon as I can get him home! I love you so so much baby!!

Man, that sucked last night. It was a good RAW. Hart, Cena, and Punk had a good closing segment. But it really didn't matter because of what happened to King. During the match between Bryan/Kane and The PTP, I heard some heavy breathing, and then I saw King in the back slumped over why somebody was holding him up. Then to see Michael Cole, struggling to talk afterwards, the whole situation was tough to watch.

I can't stop thinking about this. I was half paying attention to the show when it fell silent so I went over to my computer to look at what was going on and when I saw everyone looking over to the broadcast area I figured Jerry had kicked some drunken fools ass that jumped the barricade or something when they were chanting his name and Cole was talking so weirdly.

I'm still pretty much in shock over what this has turned out to be.

Sad about Jerry.

Can somebody tell me why in the hell they give Bret Hart a microphone? It's painful to watch.

Bret was never a great talker, but that was painful to watch. Now you have a bunch of young fans thinking Bret Hart is inferior to guys like John Cena, which is a crime.

---------- Post added September-11th-2012 at 12:28 PM ----------

I think the WWE handled the situation well, but the one thing they got wrong was not addressing the live crowd. People at the show said they were not given any updates at all and that's just wrong IMO.

I don't know. The WWE job is to entertain the crown. if they would have told the live audience what had happened, it would have brought the mood of the crowd down.

I don't know. The WWE job is to entertain the crown. if they would have told the live audience what had happened, it would have brought the mood of the crowd down.

I feel what you're saying, but after thousands in a arena see a prominent man collapse I'm sure they'd like to know WTF just happened. The mood of the audience changed anyway and it was dead until the Cena/Punk thing.

The least they could've done was announce something post-show, but from what I read they just said the Pat Patterson tribute was going to be postponed and that was it.

I watched earlier in the show but missed this part. Read about it on twitter. I'm glad King is alive and seemingly recovering. I with the WWE would stop putting older guys in the ring for spots. Of course this could have happened anywhere but he just was running around an hour earlier, right? Scares me.

Get well soon, King.

I with the WWE would stop putting older guys in the ring for spots. Of course this could have happened anywhere but he just was running around an hour earlier, right? Scares me.

I agree. These guys aren't in their 20's and 30's anymore.

Bret was never a great talker, but that was painful to watch. Now you have a bunch of young fans thinking Bret Hart is inferior to guys like John Cena, which is a crime.

---------- Post added September-11th-2012 at 12:28 PM ----------

Brett Hart is inferior to John Cena. I have always despised him, since I was a kid. I was happy when he got screwed and they handed the belt to Michaels. **** him. Actually **** him and Rey Mysterio Jr, never liked him at all either, but at least he was a better in ring performer.

---------- Post added September-12th-2012 at 11:27 PM ----------

Michael Cole ‏@MichaelCole

#wweuniverse you will never believe this! I just got off the phone with #jerrylawler and he is alert and in great spirits!

#jerrylawler sends his love to you all and thanks you for all the support! He says the strap will be coming down soon!

http://fr.twitter.com/MichaelCole

Thats great to hear. I always liked the King.

Outstanding news

I with the WWE would stop putting older guys in the ring for spots. Of course this could have happened anywhere but he just was running around an hour earlier, right? Scares me.

Get well soon, King.

Lawler still wrestles on the independent circuit when he isnt doing Raw. He was wrestling in Aruba this past weekend.

Hart being inferior to Cena is laughable.

Well in terms of strictly being an entertainer, I think he is, but strictly as a wrestler, they aren't even close. They're not even in the same galaxy. And it's probably easy for him to say that about them now considering that Hart is old and broken down, and suffered a stroke awhile back, but in his prime, he was amazing.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Brett Hart is inferior to John Cena. I have always despised him, since I was a kid. I was happy when he got screwed and they handed the belt to Michaels. **** him. Actually **** him and Rey Mysterio Jr, never liked him at all either, but at least he was a better in ring performer.

How old are you, out of curiosity? Did you watch in his prime late 80's through mid 90's Bret Hart? He was an incredible worker. Cena doesn't even hold a candle.

How old are you, out of curiosity? Did you watch in his prime late 80's through mid 90's Bret Hart? He was an incredible worker. Cena doesn't even hold a candle.

The only thing people could ever knock Hart for, would be his mic skills. It would stand out today more than it did back then, thanks to the "Entertainment" that McMahon seems to covet more than actual ability. Back then though, it was fine. He had the look, and he had the skill. He just couldn't talk 10-15 minutes in front of a crowd with a mic in his hand.

And it's easy to be the" Big Dog" when you don't have any real competition. He and Shawn Michaels are one of the biggest reasons why the WWE is even still around today. They were getting killed in the ratings department, and they somehow kept the WWE afloat, before the beginning of the "Attitude Era." Cena is so stale and predictable that it truly is an embarrasment. And to top it all off, the dude flat out sucks in the ring. Bret Hart is a mat/technical wrestling Legend.

He and Shawn Michaels are one of the biggest reasons why the WWE is even still around today. They were getting killed in the ratings department, and they somehow kept the WWE afloat, before the beginning of the "Attitude Era." Cena is so stale and predictable that it truly is an embarrasment. And to top it all off, the dude flat out sucks in the ring. Bret Hart is a mat/technical wrestling Legend.

You know, I had to do this because I can't believe anyone would respect Cena more than Bret Hart. I'm focusing on a specific timeline here based on what Mr. Sinister just said. The Monday night wars started in September 1995, and the Montreal Screwjob was in late 1997. 1998 was when the WWF Attitude era started, and they started to take back their share from WCW. So you're talking a 2+ year period (late 1995 - late 1997) where WWF is fighting tooth and nail with WCW to stay relevent. This is every PPV in that timeframe:

Sept 1995: In Your House 3; Bret Hart beats someone named Jean-Pierre Lafitte

Oct 1995: In Your House 4; Hart not involved in a televised match

Nov 1995: Survivor Series; Hart wins the WWF title from Diesel (Main Event)

Dec 1995: In Your House 5; Hart defeats British Bulldog to retain championship (Main Event)

Jan 1996: Royal Rumble; Hart loses to Undertaker by DQ, retains title (Main Event)

Feb 1996: In Your House 6; Hart defeats Diesel in steel cage match, retains title (Main Event)

Mar 1996: Wrestlemania; Hart loses title to Shawn Michaels in 1 hour Ironman match (Main Event) *Note, this was motnhs after Michaels got beaten up outside a bar, and Hart assisting Michaels in his eventual ascension to the top of the WWF

*From April through October, Hart went on hiatus as he considered employment with WWF and WCW. Ultimately, he returned to WWF.

Nov 1996: Survivor Series; Hart defeats Stone Cold Steve Austin (post 3:16) in a #1 contender match

Dec 1996: In Your House 12; Hart loses to Sycho Sid (Main Event title match)

Jan 1997: Royal Rumble; Hart involved in Royal Rumble, last one eliminated, Stone Cold Steve Austin wins

Feb 1997: In Your House 13; Hart wins a four way elimination match, against Stone Cold Steve Austin, Vader, Undertaker, regains title (Main Event)*

*Note, Hart lost the title to Sycho Sid the next night on RAW, Steve Austin interference

Mar 1997: Wrestlemania; Hart defeats Stone Cold Steve Austin in a submission match (this was the Austin "face of blood, passed out, didn't submit" match

Apr 1997: In Your House 14; Hart loses to Stone Cold Steve Austin by DQ, Main Event

*Hart not involved in next two PPV's in wrestling capacity

July 1997: In Your House 16; Hart Foundation defeats Stone Cold Steve Austin, Ken Shamrock, Goldust, Legion of Doom in 10 Man Tag Match (Main Event)

Aug 1997: Summerslam; Hart defeats the Undertaker for the WWF title, Main Event

Sept 1997: Ground Zero; Hart defeats someone named The Patriot, retains title

Sept 1997: One Night Only; Hart defeats Undertaker by DQ, retains title

Oct 1997: Badd Blood; Hart and British Bulldog defeat Vader and The Patriot in a Flag Match

Nov 1997: Summerslam; Montreal screwjob, Hart loses title to Shawn Michaels (Main Event)

By my count, Hart participated in 18 of the approximate 26 PPV's during this timeframe. He was in the main event 11 times, which is incredible when you consider the other talent on the roster. He held the title three times. Not only that, he MADE two of his biggest competitors at the time. Remember, Shawn Michaels first won the big title during that whole Jose Lothario, boyhood dream storyline. Who else but Bret Hart carries that IronMan match with Shawn Michaels and makes it interesting? One straight hour of wrestling and the fans staying interested. The answer is no one. Certainly not John Cena. Steve Austin's character was made over two major events...the Austin 3:16 line, and the submission match with the bloody face where he passed out rather than submitting. Who was involved...Bret Hart.

Hart's hiatus was a result of Vince McMahon being strapped for cash, not able to meet all his financial obligations, and Hart considering a jump to WCW. Ultimately he stayed, and helped give rise to Shawn Michaels and Stone Cold, both of whom helped take WWF into the attitude era. Without Bret Hart, there might not be a John Cena. If you go watch his old matches, the guy was nearly technically perfect, was able to tell a story with his body language, and was able to keep the fans interested. His mic skills were passable at the time, enough that they let him speak. Back then, many wrestlers had managers do the talking for them because they were atrocious on the mic. Bret Hart was good enough. And let's not forget, I'm only focusing on the early Monday Night Wars period, Hart was great for many years prior to 1995, he had held tag titles, the Intercontinental belt, and had already been WWF champ in feuds with Razor Ramon, Yokozuna, Lex Luger, and Ric Flair.

Comparing Cena to him is ridiculous. Hart was a direct reason WWF was saved, possibly the biggest one.