Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Unfortunately kids love it. Just like with the Hornswaggle angle. When he appeared from under the ring there was such a air of apathy from the adults in the crowd. They did not cheer, they did not boo, they did nothing...because they did not care. But you heard kids laughing and cheering. Mission accomplished.

I'll admit it, when I was a kid, they had much more offensive midget wrestler names, like Little Beaver, Little Mister T, Little Tokyo. I loved watching them run around with their little legs moving at triple speed to keep up, it was hilarious when you're eight or nine.I don't watch WWE anymore, but I have been enjoying the hell out of all the old wrestling they've been putting up on Netflix. The AWA and NWA history, the ECW and WCW tapes, and especially the career tapes of great old wrestlers like Randy Savage, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Ricky Steamboat etc...guys I grew up watching. Those have been great. My wife just rolls her eyes. :ols:

Edited by Forehead

I'll admit it, when I was a kid, they had much more offensive midget wrestler names, like Little Beaver, Little Mister T, Little Tokyo. I loved watching them run around with their little legs moving at triple speed to keep up, it was hilarious when you're eight or nine.

When Hornswaggle first came and was known as "The Little ****" it was okay. Now it is just tired...

I posted about the Direct TV dispute thread about TNA; it's going to suck that they will lose a huge chunk of their audience because of a stupid argument over money....

When Hornswaggle first came and was known as "The Little ****" it was okay. Now it is just tired...

I posted about the Direct TV dispute thread about TNA; it's going to suck that they will lose a huge chunk of their audience because of a stupid argument over money....

Yep...that just hit me this morning. I was really looking forward to watching TNA this evening. But I have DirecTV. Fudge.

I can't see the video either at work or on my phone for some reason. What is it? I probably remember it.

(I can always guess: Is it The Purple Haze coming out of the ocean? I love The Purple Haze coming out of the ocean).

Don't feel bad because I can't see it on the iPad either. :ols:

It was Tower Of Doom promo where they had Crocket out there with him trying explain the Tower match gimmick off of a sketch pad. "I'm building a Tower Ronnie Gaaaaaaaaaaarvin"

---------- Post added July-12th-2012 at 12:42 PM ----------

I'll admit it' date=' when I was a kid, they had much more offensive midget wrestler names, like Little Beaver, Little Mister T, Little Tokyo. I loved watching them run around with their little legs moving at triple speed to keep up, it was hilarious when you're eight or nine.I don't watch WWE anymore, but I have been enjoying the hell out of all the old wrestling they've been putting up on Netflix. The AWA and NWA history, the ECW and WCW tapes, and especially the career tapes of great old wrestlers like Randy Savage, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Ricky Steamboat etc...guys I grew up watching. Those have been great. My wife just rolls her eyes. :ols:[/quote']

I was watching most of those as well the last month or so. Growing up on NWA & WCCW, I've really enjoyed being able to look back on those times as well. Good stuff. If you haven't seen any of them, it's a good way to kill time. :)

---------- Post added July-12th-2012 at 12:43 PM ----------

I'll admit it, when I was a kid, they had much more offensive midget wrestler names, like Little Beaver, Little Mister T, Little Tokyo. I loved watching them run around with their little legs moving at triple speed to keep up, it was hilarious when you're eight or nine.I don't watch WWE anymore, but I have been enjoying the hell out of all the old wrestling they've been putting up on Netflix. The AWA and NWA history, the ECW and WCW tapes, and especially the career tapes of great old wrestlers like Randy Savage, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Ricky Steamboat etc...guys I grew up watching. Those have been great. My wife just rolls her eyes. :ols:

I was watching most of those as well the last month or so. Growing up on NWA & WCCW, I've really enjoyed being able to look back on those times as well. Good stuff. If you haven't seen any of them, it's a good way to kill time. :)

Don't feel bad because I can't see it on the iPad either. :ols:

It was Tower Of Doom promo where they had Crocket out there with him trying explain the Tower match gimmick off of a sketch pad. "I'm building a Tower Ronnie Gaaaaaaaaaaarvin"

Sullivan was neutered by WCW. The Crocketts were born again Christians and found the devil worshipping gimmick offensive. So, they just turned him into some weird cult leader, which did not work nearly as well. Then they decided that the Five Foot Five Guy in Robes should be repackaged as some former college athlete. Because Kevin Sullivan and The Steiners is an obvious pairing.

You were a World Class fan?

On my first trip to Dallas, I wanted to see The School Book Depository, South Fork, and where the Sportatorium used to be.

Sullivan was neutered by WCW. The Crocketts were born again Christians and found the devil worshipping gimmick offensive. So' date=' they just turned him into some weird cult leader, which did not work nearly as well. Then they decided that the Five Foot Five Guy in Robes should be repackaged as some former college athlete. Because Kevin Sullivan and The Steiners is an obvious pairing.

You were a World Class fan?

On my first trip to Dallas, I wanted to see The School Book Depository, South Fork, and where the Sportatorium used to be.[/quote']

Yeah I remember watching World Class & NWA & then one day it was just WCW. I also grew up on UWF which was great. Dr Death vs One Man Gang. Sting breaking in. JR calling matches. Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert. Absolutely loved the UWF. I grew out in a rural area so we didn't have the big ol dish or anything, just three network stations, PBS, & a few UHF stations out of NC that if the clouds were right.

Yeah I remember watching World Class & NWA & then one day it was just WCW. I also grew up on UWF which was great. Dr Death vs One Man Gang. Sting breaking in. JR calling matches. Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert. Absolutely loved the UWF. I grew out in a rural area so we didn't have the big ol dish or anything, just three network stations, PBS, & a few UHF stations out of NC that if the clouds were right.

I never got to see much Mid-South or UWF until years later. I think that might have been the best-booked territory ever. There is nothing better than Dibiase versus Duggan in a Tuxedo/Coal Miner's Glove match. I always feel bad that Duggan and The Sheephearders/Bushwackers are remembered as clowns due to their WWF stints when they were probably the best brawlers of the 80s.

I used to follow WCCW and Mid-South in the wrestling magazines. I finally got to see WCCW when it came to ESPN, but by then, drugs had already started destroying the place. (I think the first WCCW match I saw on tv actually involved Lance Von Erich for God's sake). What made WCCW interesting was that it seemed to be the only territory that appealed to women. The Von Erichs were practically having sex on their way to the ring before every match.

When I was really young (1979/1980), I got Georgia Championship Wrestling and WWWF (the Backlund Era) on tv. I much preferred Georgia. Eventually, we got Mid-Atlantic on tv and then Mid-Atlantic and Georgia merged.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

I never got to see much Mid-South or UWF until years later. I think that might have been the best-booked territory ever. There is nothing better than Dibiase versus Duggan in a Tuxedo/Coal Miner's Glove match. I always feel bad that Duggan and The Sheephearders/Bushwackers are remembered as clowns due to their WWF stints when they were probably the best brawlers of the 80s.

I used to follow WCCW and Mid-South in the wrestling magazines. I finally got to see WCCW when it came to ESPN' date=' but by then, drugs had already started destroying the place. (I think the first WCCW match I saw on tv actually involved Lance Von Erich for God's sake). What made WCCW interesting was that it seemed to be the only territory that appealed to women. The Von Erichs were practically having sex on their way to the ring before every match.

When I was really young (1979/1980), I got Georgia Championship Wrestling and WWWF (the Backlund Era) on tv. I much preferred Georgia. Eventually, we got Mid-Atlantic on tv and then Mid-Atlantic and Georgia merged.[/quote']

if you haven't seen the home videos from WWE on the old territories, I think you'll enjoy them just for the history & behind the scenes stuff from guys like Dusty & Micheal PS Hayes. Watch enough of them & you'll start to catch a few stories overlap. Stuff like Dustys DVD & the WCCW DVD. I think they used the same clip of Dusty talking about how his dad took him to the Sportaturium on both DVDs.

I remember when WrestleMania hit & couldn't watch it. Really didn't know who those were, but I do remember it was all the talk of the morning radio shows the Monday after. We never got AWA or WWF on tv. I think the first time I actually saw Hogan on TV was as a Saturday morning cartoon. But Ric Flair & the Horsemen were on every Saturday at Noon in the NWA. Then, if I'm remembering it right, UWF came on at 1pm off of a station in NC. LOVED both of those promotions. Like you've said, they had some of the best bad guys. I believe it was a Saturday Night Main Event before I ever actually got to see Hogan on TV.

if you haven't seen the home videos from WWE on the old territories, I think you'll enjoy them just for the history & behind the scenes stuff from guys like Dusty & Micheal PS Hayes.

I've seen some of the WWE videos. I tend to find their view on history "unique" to say the least. Who Vince does or does not hate at the moment seems to drive the storyline. And as much as I love Dusty, he is a complete BS artist about his own role in wrestling history. It's generally better to let others talk about Dusty than have Dusty talk about himself.

They do have great matches on those tapes though.

I like the RF video shoots that you can usually find on Youtube. What's hysterical is that every wrestler in history thinks that they were about to get a run with the World Title until someone screwed them over.

Question: what's the deal wuth the Von Erichs? I've been meaning to check out that doc for awhile now, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Sounded like one crazy ass family.

They were like 5 brothers who were insanely popular in Dallas and World Class wrestling and they were booked as the main guys in part because their dad (Fritz) was the booker/promoter there.

They were compared to the Rolling Stones in Dallas and they got involved in drugs and all that bad stuff.

David was supposed to be the mega star and was allegedly going to win the NWA Title from Flair when he died in Japan. Some say it was acute enteritis while some say it was an overdose.

So Kerry ended up winning the belt to make up for that but he never became a mega star and was involved in an accident and lost his foot. He actually got a job in WWF after but got addicted to pain pills and ended up killing himself.

David was forced in by Fritz after an injury and re-injured himself, forcing himself into retirement. He killed himself in 87.

Chris was the runt of the bunch and hated that he wasn't physically blessed like the others and killed himself as well.

Kevin is the only one left...

Awesome Kong aka Karma has been released

Don't think so. Looks like it was just a website screw up.

lol....WWE botched the alumni section on their twitter account. I can't find anything concrete saying she's been released.

edit: well she's officially been moved to the alumni section on wwe.com...so i dunno maybe she has been released. I'll wait until i see something official though before buying into the hype. This could be some kind of work for her to make a comeback....

Edited by Drop

I see nobody wants to talk about last night's MITB.

Once again, the WWE have a golden opportunity in their hands and will probably mess it up.

John Cena has to LOSE!!! when he cashes in his MITB contract. That is the only way I can respect him winning this. What I hope they don't do is let him keep it until Wrestlemainia and somehow cash it in to face The Rock. It would be nice if Brock Lesnar won the Royal Rumble and maybe they can somehow create a Triple Threat behind that...

I remember watching a Tag Match when PAC and some dude was fighting Chuck Taylor and some other dude. :ols: It was the first time I had seen Pac and Chuck Taylor. I thought both could be nice for WWE.