Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Leave the NWO dead.

The stables aren't happening right now fellas. Yes, they need a good one, but i think the way Nexus fell appart has them wondering exactly how to pull of a dominant, entertaining stable that can last.

I don't want to see Big Show period, let alone in an NWO shirt again. Same for Miz, Cena, CM Punk, and anyone else currently on the roster. Sorry, i just don't want to watch a watered down version of something that used to be great.

The reason they messed up Nexus was because they didn't have any star power. Yeah Barret was good, but the rest of them sucked. And it was rushed too quickly. I think the lakced of star power and the rushing doomed Nexus from the beginning. Then it didn't help that Cena was clowning them all the time. Nobody took them serious.

Here's a challenge. If the nWo does come back..... When their music hits, and CM Punk joins up... Try to not crack a smile. Or get excited. Go ahead. :)

People keep saying Rock winning the title is bad, too. I disagree. Rock winning the title would be the best thing WWE could do. He's one of the most popular people in the world. You want viewers? Do that.

But, I'm not about burying young talent, either. They need to be established. NXT is a good start. The NXT championship gives those guys shine, but that belt should NEVER be on WWE TV. NXT should be treated like a minor league with totally separate story lines. After that, make the IC Title important again. Let some established guys and mostly new guys compete for that belt. Get rid of the US and World Heavyweight Titles.

They're not going to get rid of the US and WHC anytime soon. I don't know why people continue to suggest that like it's actually an option. They simply aren't going to do it....especially the WHC.

That said, i completely agree with you. Too many titles, they definitley should get rid of those two. Just won't happen, that's all.

I don't think The Rock winning the title would work in that if he's only going to make an appearance a handful of times per year, it would cheapen it. I think it would get viewers ( I would certainly watch a lot more), but I don't think the spike in rartings would have any staying power if everyone knew that he would eventually lose it in the next few weeks, and disappear.

And as for the nWo, I'm just tired of it. Considering that the original handful of members will be nowhere to be seen, I just think it's useless. It would just be holding on to the past. Even if people are initially excited in the beginning, I think it would wear off quickly. The smarter thing (company-wise) would be to come up with something new/fresh, and take your most talented guys, and go from there. This may be where the creative shoot themselves in the foot though, possibly.

I also think they need to allow for more violence. I don't think I've ever seen the WWE this kiddy, as far as what is allowed in-ring, and that goes all the way back to when I first started watching at 4-5. In order to have a successful (heel) stable with staying power, I think you need talent 1. and violent (at least semi-violent) wtf moments. Go interrupt matches and blast dudes with steel chairs (no direct chairshots to the head though, obviously) **** on the crowd, attack people backstage, do worked shoots, do everything in your power to let the fans know that no one is going to mess with you or your group.

I remember thinking back to how the Power Trip was formed between Austin and HHH, and how even after beating the Rock senseless at WrestleMania and embracing McMahon wasn't enough for Austin to get over as a heel again. It wasn't until he beat the crap out of Lita and the Hardy's with steel chairs that people got the message. * Edit, he also assaulted JR as well. I think you'd have to do something similar with Cena, but again, with the PG stuff, you are pretty limited in that department.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

They'll scrap it eventually...

I couldn't even sit through Monday Nitro back when it was 3 hours, and that was when it was pretty damn good. I watched Punk cut his opening promo, the tag team match between Miz/Ziggler, and Jericho/Christian, the Bryan/Sheamus match, and the main event, and that was pretty much it. I caught the tail end of the Orton/Slater match. He (Orton) looks the same to me, though his arms do look a little weird compared to the rest of his body.

If you're going to three hours, then have enough material to fill that time. They barely had enough for 2 hours Too many recaps from the previous week. It was their chance to get the US Belt off of Santino and on to somebody who should get a push. Clay...Rhodes.....or even better. Tyson Kidd. There are probably 4-5 guys who would love to be in a storyline for the US Title. Or the InterCont Title. Whatever.

Also, I was reading how both Angelina Love and Velvet Sky are no longer with TNA. If that company does anything better, its the women's division. I know I'm a broken record on stables. For if AJ created some sort of Bad Girls Club to help her run Raw.....that could make for a good storyline. Have them "choose" the men's champs by getting involved in those matches. A bunch of whipped men hold all the gold up until Wrestlemania or something.

That 3 hour Raw last night did give us one helluva match between Daniel Bryan and Sheamus. If we get ONE PPV quality match per Raw for the remainder of this 3 hour adventure, it'll be worth it. It was kinda silly though to have the fans vote for either a no holds barred match, a falls count anywhere match, or a streetfight. I mean those matches are all one degree from each other essentially. No holds Barred = usage of weapons, Falls Count anywhere = falls can occur anywhere inside or outside the arena, a Street Fight = usage of weapons and falls occuring anywhere inside/outside the ring. Now really...who wouldn't want to see the Street Fight which contains the best elements of both of the afforementioned voting options?

I do agree though, the ridiculous amount of touting, and shazaming, and recaps they stuffed in last night's episode was absurd. It's overkill...and i get WWE trying to shove it down our throats in order to sell this whole WWE Active crap....but i couldn't care less about it to be honest, and they're forcing it on a huge portion of their fanbase who feels the way I do. Those of us who don't give a damn about "touting" or watching the same recap that we've already seen last week, on Smackdown, and again twice on Raw are going to tune out and be less prone to tune back in if we feel we're just being given filler.

And once again, Sandow was incredible. That dude steals the show everytime he comes out.

Edited by Drop

I agree there are similarities to some degree, but he's by no means a watered down Regal. First and foremost, Regal is actually British, and he played the role of an aristocrat. His gimmick was based heavily on him being hated by Americans in general.

Another comparison i've heard is early Triple H...AKA Hunter Hearst Helmsley. That's a little closer...but Trips played up the blue blood angle moreso than Sandow, and he used to have one or two women accompany him to the ring, giving him that "I can have things you can't" edge.

Finally, i've heard people compare him to "Dean" Douglas (Shane Douglas). That's the furthest comparisson of them all. Douglas literally played a "Dean", which is why he saw himself as smarter than everyone else. Sandow, while believing he's smarter than everyone else, is simply that way because he is....not through any sort of higher education.

Sandow's shtick is an extremely intelligent, enlightener who looks down upon the unwashed masses. He doesn't rely on the "social prominence" of being a blue blood like Trips did, and he doesn't try to play a British aristocrat....which pretty much just came naturally to Regal. He certainly isn't acting like a "dean" or a "professor" of any type.

While those gimmicks were similar...they certainly aren't what Sandow is doing. Not to mention, Sandow has a ruthlesness to him that none of those other three quite had during the height of their "better than you" gimmicks. Sandow is actually Arabic, with parents of Lebanese decent....his real last name is Haddad. Not that it makes any difference....but he doesn't have a background that supports his gimmick like Regal and Trips to some degree. He's simply good/talented enough to pull it off, and pull it off perfectly.

Plus, he's good at drawing heat. The crowd boos him more than they do Miz, Swagger, Tensai, and Big Show combined. Oh and he was trained by none other than Killer Kowalski....the same guy who trained Triple H. I suspect Triple H REALLY likes Sandow and has big things envisioned for him.

Edited by Drop

Drop's take on Sandow

I get that you like him. I don't know if I agree with a lot of what you said. I don't think he gets legit heat yet. Its more "God, not this guy again" heat. Personally, I think the only time a heel comes in and looks down on folks....and it works...is with things like the Straight Edge Society. Or when the Rock would talk about his expensive shirts. They didn't do voices to talk all snooty.

I think he's a fine performer who needs a new Gimmick. That's all.

I didn't mention Lanny cuz I didn't think the mass majority would even remember him. But that's definitley in the same ballpark.

And i don't understand the "legit" heat comment. What exactly is "legit" heat? If a guy is booed he's booed. If people are saying, "god not this guy again"....he's doing his job. That's not "fake" heat, he's being annoying, getting under peoples skin, making them want him to go away.

I'll respectfullly agree to disagree with you, and just take it as his gimmick doesn't sit well with you. That's fine, to each their own. I think what he's doing is great, and I think more folks in the IWC probably feel closer to how I do about Sandow than the way you see him.

I mean, out of the guys who have debuted recently....Brodus Clay, Ryback, Antonio Cessaro, and Sandow....Sandow is EASILY overshadowing, and outperforming all of them right now. I can't imagine a case even being made for one of the other three at the moment.

Edited by Drop

I don't know. Different gimmicks but Sandow reminds me a lot of "The Model" Rick Martel

I loved Rick Martel. You're probably reminded of him because of the pink/purple ring attire.

On another note, watching Raw, I noticed Lord Tensai was now just Tensai. Whaddup with that?