Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

RIP Warrior.

In the 80's, he had THE most electrifying entrance into the ring.

Upset I can't find maybe my favorite moment in wrestling history anymore on Youtube. Where Ultimate Warrior made a surprise return at Wrestlemania 8 to save Hulk from Sid Justice and Papa Shango. That particular entrance gives me major chills every time I watch it.

This moment right here is one of the best as well. I was 7 years old, and still remember the feeling of my eyes pealing wide open at the 1:35 mark. I remember saying to myself, "oh no!". I loved Warrior and Hulk.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 1

Was shocked when I saw that this morning...

I actually noted to my buddy that I watched Mania with that at his Hall of Fame speech he looked like he was in some kind of pain. And he was totally blown out. Then at Mania he kept putting his hand on his heart... I think it was meant to be symbolic, but it almost looked like he was clutching it... And on RAW he was totally gassed and reddish. And that speech was almost as if he was eulogizing himself.

I guess it's possible he had a known heart condition and he knew what was happening... Or maybe that was just a big time coincidence. Who knows.

Man...

He seemed so happy to be back with a business he loved.

Rest in Peace, Warrior. You were a childhood hero and seeing you back in the WWE one last time was amazing.

Wrestler Ultimate Warrior dead at 54, WWE says

The Ultimate Warrior, a former professional wrestler inducted days ago into the World Wrestling Entertainment Hall of Fame, has died at age 54, the WWE announced late Tuesday.

"WWE is shocked and deeply saddened to learn of the passing of one of the most iconic WWE Superstars ever, The Ultimate Warrior," the Stamford, Connecticut-based company said on its website.

The Ultimate Warrior, whose given name was James Hellwig, began his WWE career in 1987 and rose to become one of the biggest stars in WWE history, the company said, highlighting an "epic encounter" in which he defeated Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania VI to become a WWE Champion.

The cause of his death was not given. He was added to the Hall of Fame on April 5.

"We are grateful that just days ago, Warrior had the opportunity to take his rightful place in the WWE Hall of Fame and was also able to appear at WrestleMania 30 and Monday Night Raw to address his legions of fans," World Wrestling Entertainment said.

The 6-foot, 2-inch tall, 280-pound wrestler commanded the ring in his signature neon garb and long, blond hair, and face paint, WWE said.

His family could not immediately be reached, and an email sent through his website was not immediately answered.

Freedom Fighters Promo (Ultimate Warrior & Sting)

Earliest Warrior footage ever? A Freedom Fighters promo is interrupted by Phil Hickerson who challenges Jim (Warrior) to a match. Steve (Sting) interferes and Hickerson is beaten down by both men until Steve Keirn makes the save.

Classic early footage from Memphis!

R.I.P. Warrior!  I don't follow it like I used to, but MAN, this brings back so many memories as a kid growing up. 

If his intense ring entrances didn't get you jacked up, there's something wrong with ya.

Nobody could rock neon like him, either.

Still have this bad boy at home:

il_570xN.497469857_geip.jpg

Edited by Enforcer_FFX

Freedom Fighters Promo (Ultimate Warrior & Sting)

Earliest Warrior footage ever? A Freedom Fighters promo is interrupted by Phil Hickerson who challenges Jim (Warrior) to a match. Steve (Sting) interferes and Hickerson is beaten down by both men until Steve Keirn makes the save.

Classic early footage from Memphis!

You ain't no wrassler, boy.

I wish I was around for 80's independent wrassling.

http://fansided.com/2014/04/10/sting-signs-wwe-deal-wrestlemania-31-rumor/#!Dxunm

Report: Sting officially signs with WWE

After a number of rumors over the past week that hinted Sting could be making a return to the WWE, it appears to have finally happened. In the latest issue of The Wrestling Observer, the report states that Sting has officially signed with the WWE.

Sting and the WWE reportedly began their contract talks prior to last weekend’s WrestleMania XXX, but they were put on hold until after the show.

There is no exact word about what we could expect from Sting in his return to the WWE, but many believe he could already be starting to build up a match at WrestleMania XXXI which takes place next year at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, California.

The only information provided in the report is that Sting’s deal with the WWE includes an unspecified role on TV and that he will not be making his return to the ring “right away.”

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/468221-sting-signs-with-wwe

Update: “The Icon” Sting Signs Contract w/ WWE

Reports coming in prior to WrestleMania XXX called for Sting to face The Undertaker in some kind of match, most likely at next year's WrestleMania in Santa Clara, CA. However, following the Deadman's now-infamous loss to Brock Lesnar this past weekend, that match-up seems more unlikely. There was a rumor going around earlier this year of WWE bringing Sting in as an authority figure on Monday Night Raw, similar to "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, Mick Foley, Bret Hart and many others being used as general managers, commissioners, etc. 

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/468229-wwe-no-longer-using-the-term-ppv-vickie-guerrero-leaving-the-company

WWE No Longer Using the Term “PPV”, Vickie Guerrero Leaving the Company

​With the launch of the WWE Network, the company will no longer be using the term "pay-per-view" when referring to their monthly events. Instead, WWE will be phasing out "PPV" and calling the shows "Special Events" instead.

Long-time WWE personality, manager and authority figure Vickie Guerrero has finished up her tenure with the WWE as of WrestleMania 30. The Wrestling Observer states that her departure from the company was done quietly, and no drama was involved, as Guerrero simply wanted to step away from the business. Her last act as the General Manager of Friday Night Smackdown was to create the Divas Invitational match at WrestleMania, during which AJ Lee successfully defended her Divas Championshi

Report: Referee Chad Patton Had No Idea He Would Deliver the Three-Count that Would End the Streak

According to a new report from the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, referee Chad Patton had no idea he would deliver the three-count that would end the Streak at WrestleMania XXX. Patton, who officiated the Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar bout on April 6, was actually told the Undertaker would be going over and the Streak would remain in tact prior to the match beginning

The report claims that Patton was informed that the Undertaker would be going-over in the match, which is why so many people noticed Patton hesitate on the last count at the finish. 

Just like every fan that was in attendance for WrestleMania XXX in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome on April 6, Patton believed that the result of this match was a given from day one. Undertaker wins, the Streak extends to 22-0.

Even though Patton was told Undertaker would be the victor of the match, every WWE referee is told to abide by an even greater rule than the pre-planned finish. If the guy that is supposed to win doesn’t kick out of a pin, you must continue the count and award the victory to the other superstar. The slight hesitation from Patton was a result from him not wanting to be the guy that screws up and gives the Undertaker his first loss unwillingly, but once he waited long enough to give ‘Taker a chance to kick out and he did not, he made the third count.

Edited by Gallen5862

Who knew Rotoworld would have wrestling news:

Retired LB Shawne Merriman has reportedly been hired to wrestle for WWE.

Greeted by a frigid market, Merriman "retired" in March 2013, but was stumping to play again by July. He ended up going unsigned for 2013, and has made just 18 appearances since 2009. Merriman turns 30 next month. As if it wasn't clear already, his football career is over.

I still think Sting/Taker could be an awesome match.

People are saying Taker looked old in his match, but they are completely neglecting that he injured his hip at the start of the match AND sustained a concussion. In previous years, he he'd his own.

He's not moving like he used to, but both he AND Sting could put on one last awesome match if they wanted to. I firmly believe that.

Sometimes I think people see a guy around for awhile and write them off. That doesn't have to be the case.

A Sting/Taker match, if given the time, could work out quite well.

The other option, and one I REALLY like...

Orton and Batista remain a team. They don't really like each other, but they remain on the same page. They start running through legends together. Trying to prove their worth. They destroy everyone. Starting with guys like Duggan and Slaughter, working their way up to guys like Piper and any other big name legends that can still take a bump. Once they run through everyone (SummerSlam-ish), they say there is no one left to beat. Undertaker and the streak are resting in peace and they've run through every other WWE legend that they could.

Through the next 8 months it begins to play out and the match at WrestleMania 31 winds up being:: The Undertaker AND Sting vs. Batista and Orton.

The tag match will hide some of their age. And will still give fans something to enjoy. And it'll send both of them out on a winning note.

• Like 1

Something else I've been thinking RE: Midcard titles.

Maybe unifying them isn't the answer. I know the brand split is over, but it might be a good idea to give each show it's own "title". And while it wouldn't be a true brand split, put guys who are contenders for that title on that show primarily.

But since there is no official split, they CAN compete on the opposite show.

IC Title on RAW, US on Smackdown! and WWE WHW on both.

I also like how they're using NXT as almost a completely separate brand. Yes, they're calling people up, but they're also apparently calling people down. Justin Gabriel returned to NXT this week I guess, and Brodus Clay has been down there the last few weeks. I don't think it's a Cesaro type thing, either. I think they are going down to give NXT some "established" guys and a little more "star" power.

I like that idea and plan a heck of a lot. Gives some of the guys who don't get any time on RAW/Smackdown! something to do, and it gives younger talent a solid platform to learn the craft with veterans. Smart.

Something else I've been thinking RE: Midcard titles.

They dogged the IC/US titles this past year. They need to breathe some fresh air into it.

I hate to suggest this, because it seems like a cheap way to do it, but they might need to put one of them on John Cena. 

Wait, I just got an idea. 

I remember when Stone Cold and Tripple H were a tag team, and they were feuding with Undertaker and Kane. They had this match that was a three falls tag-team match. Whoever scored the first fall got the European Title. The second fall scored would win the tag titles for that team. And the third fall was for the WWF Championship. 

They should try to do something like that again. Instead, it should be a triple threat match three falls match between all three title holders.