Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

I think we're just not going to agree here. I'd think Old School would mean he'd not be ok with losing a part-timer who won't be around for long. I won't pretend to know what UT personally wanted. My believe for a few years now has been that if able (sounds like he wasn't) UT should have been more involved leading up to UM.......gone in for a title match....WON.....then retired the next night and leaving a bracket style tourney in place leading up to Summerslam for the next Champ.

I think everyone is looking too much into this "part time" status of Brock Lesnar.  Lesnar paid his dues prior to leaving the WWE to pursue his MMA career.  It's not like they just signed a former MMA fighter that can't compete in MMA anymore to a part time contract that had never wrestled before.

After he retired from WWE, he tried to be a professional football player (legit reason for leaving) and was on the Vikings through pre-season before being cut.  Then, he had to go to Japan to wrestle from 2005 - 2007 before he started his MMA career.  The only knock was the lawsuit against WWE, but that was all him wanting out completely so he could move on.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Anyone that wanted to watch Taker/Sting at WM31, with Sting ending the Takers streak is crazy imo.  Both can barely wrestle anymore, I can't think of a worse match.  Also, Sting would not have deserved to end the streak.  Period.  He turned his back on Vince when they bought out WCW.  WWE and Vince don't owe Sting ****.

Everyone keeps bringing up the fact that Brock left WWE, etc. etc.  Well Sting, refused to be part of WWE, same thing if you ask me.  Both sold out, sure Sting stayed in wrestling, but everyone knew TNA would never rise and legitimately compete against WWE on a weekly basis.  Until a billionaire buys them and wants to dance, zero competition.  

Brock might only be able to compete part time right now because of his medical condition.  If the Taker said Brock should be the one to break his streak, then Brock should have been the one to break his streak (and he did).  CM Punk has turned his back on the company twice now, not to mention quitting before his contract was even up and this is the whinny ass baby y'all want ending the streak?

Punk got a helluva a push in WWE, held the title for 434 days.  Letting him end the streak at WM would have been too much of an ego feed.  

I don't get it, Brock leaves to go compete in a real sport and becomes a world champion MMA fighter.  He acknowledges that he is in it for the money, period, and is honest about it.  And he's hated on by fans because of that?  But Punk can whine/cry/****/moan and quit before his contract is up because he is upset.  But everyone wants him to to be the man, comeback, end the streak, etc.  

**I want Punk back, because he is a great talent.  I love both guys to be honest.**

Oh please. How do you figure turned his back on Vince? He never had any obligation to go to the WWE. Hell, I applaud Sting for not going to the WWE.

Oh please. How do you figure turned his back on Vince? He never had any obligation to go to the WWE. Hell, I applaud Sting for not going to the WWE.

By turning his back on Vince, I meant he turned his back on a contract for WWE/WCW once Vince bought WCW out.  Instead of staying with the big dog in yard, he chose to go to a start-up company in TNA.  Sure, him trying to help JJ build something and try to compete with a giant deserves applause.  

With that said, I'm saying that Vince/WWE don't owe Sting ****, especially him ending the Takers streak.  That's all, nothing more, nothing less.  It was in response that people wanted to see Sting/Taker at WM31 and speculation that Sting would end the streak.  

We are all fans that post in here, we all have our favorites and opinions on rosters/storylines/etc.  So if I came off as attacking I'm sorry.  Arguing over a fake/scripted sport is silly, not my intention at all.  I seriously don't get all the Lesnar hate though.  

For the record, I don't hate Sting at all.  Even being almost 40 years old, having watched wrestling since I was 5-6 years old, Sting/Taker is not a match I'd look forward to at WM31.  Both are too old and at the end of great careers (both of them).  When I think of a Sting/Taker match, it would have been something I would have wanted say at WM20-25 (5-10 years ago).

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

The only time I cared about Sting is when he was the lonestar of the WCW against the NWO. That's mostly due to how great Hogan and the gang were as heels. Before that, I didn't even care about the WCW. The WWF already had an awesome wrestler with colorful facepaint. To me, Sting was kind of the oddball superstar.

That nightstalker **** in the rafters was pretty boss though. Greatest buildup to a match ever was Sting/Hogan at Starcade, which I attended at MCI Center.

Brock is still young by wrestling standards. My initial reaction was, "what the hell?"...but now I kind of get it. Now that the dust has settled, it's clear that they're investing a lot in to Brock for the future. I think last night shut the door on his MMA career. I can imagine a third fight with Frank Mir, it would sell bigtime PPV's, but that would be a while down the road...and pretty freakshow-ish.

Do you guys think Brock is a HOF caliber star? Do you think he'll go after and win a title next? I will say this....having Heyman as the "voice" of a main event player is still great. He just gets it. How to work a crowd. How to play his part. How to push his guy. Its awesome to watch.

Do you guys think Brock is a HOF caliber star? Do you think he'll go after and win a title next? I will say this....having Heyman as the "voice" of a main event player is still great. He just gets it. How to work a crowd. How to play his part. How to push his guy. Its awesome to watch.

I think he is. And after last night I hope he sticks around for awhile.

I don't know if he's HOF caliber, but HE WILL get in.

Speaking of the HOF, those Macho Man/Steph rumors must have been true.

Edited by DM72

Brock is still young by wrestling standards. My initial reaction was, "what the hell?"...but now I kind of get it. Now that the dust has settled, it's clear that they're investing a lot in to Brock for the future.

I don't know how much you can invest in a guy that does not like to travel and be on the road that much. You can't really put a title on someone like that for any extended period of time, and the fans would get bored of ony seeing him mostly on the Titantron if he were involved in a major feud.

I don't really watch werestling much anymore, but I did watch WM with some friends last night. Coincidentally, I heard an interview with Lesnar from three years ago yesterday afternoon on XM from when he was still in the UFC. He was talking about some reasons that he wanted to leave the WWE the first time around. He talked about how he did not like the travel and that he was "not built for the road." Unfortunately, that is a major part of professional wrestling. Like I said, that interview was from three years ago, but I don't think he has changed and if anything, he may have become more reclusive. 

I think he will make apearances here and there and get involved in an angle and headline a pay per view occasionally. But I don't see him being around enough to really build anything around him long-term.

I didn't realize he was still with Sable. She's got to be years older than him. Quite the cougar.......but as Jerry would say "WITH PUPPIES!"

Well Brock's not exactly a spring chicken either. I know he was in his mid 20's back when he won the strap from the Rock in '02. He has to be like 34-35.

I haven't seen any recent pics of Sable though. Time hasn't been kind to a lot of the 90's/'00s wrestling chicks, save for Trish Stratus, who seems to have somehow gotten hotter.

Does the Authority strip daniel Bran of the title tommorrow night by claiming he was not medically cleared to compete because the doctors told him not to get off the stretcher to compete?

It was close. Now HHH will get a title shot.tonight.

Edited by Gallen5862

Brock is certainly a HOF 'er. His 2002-03 run alone was nuts. I mean he beat Rock clean for his first title, had a crazy feud with Biker Taker, had a nice feud with Big Show, then main evented WM with Kurt Angle.

That's pretty damn impressive IMO

While I don't agree with them having Taker lose to Brock he had the WWE title multiple times between beating Rock and then him and Angle beating each other multiple times.  HOF isn't as big of a deal honestly.  There's no major requirement to get in.  Heck Sheamus would probably get in.  Bryan is probably a lock now too.  I just find it wrong that Taker has never beaten Brock straight up now.

Man, they are really behind the Wyatts tonight.  Hopefully, they get the push they need.  I think with knowing Bryan would win the title and the shocker of Brock beating Taker, they let Cena win.  I mean, that would be way too much "what the fan wants" for one PPV.  

OMG that Wyatt match was ****ing amazing

Holy **** the pop they got, unreal.  And they brought it tonight, best I've seen from all the Wyatts.