Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Got to agree with X-Pac, I think Reigns would have been a better choice, but what's done is done. I wouldn't be shocked if Taker retired, and look forward to him being the mystery Royal Rumble entrant in twenty years, coming out around #24 or so, hitting one big move and being eliminated in 2 minutes.

I'm shocked at the amount of people on board with this. What makes anyone think Reigns deserves it and could handle the pressure something like that would bring?

I'm shocked at the amount of people on board with this. What makes anyone think Reigns deserves it and could handle the pressure something like that would bring?

It isn't like I've watched wrestling enough over the past decade to have a serious insider opinion, but everything about Reigns screams "star" to me.  The look, the work rate, from what I read he has the right attitude to carry a big storyline.  Seems like the sort of person WWE would want to push in this manner.  Rather than a guy who left the company to pursue an MMA career, and only came back because he couldn't medically compete in MMA anymore.  Because if Brock wasn't brought down by diverticulitis or however you spell it, he'd still be in the Octagon; that's where his heart was.  I wouldn't feel confident entrusting him with something like this.  I'd rather push a new guy, and Reigns seems to have "it." 

Ok.....lets take Reigns out of the conversation. If you're going to be the guy who beats UT at WM....then you should be a guy who can have that attached to his name while he's on the active roster for at least a few years.

If it wasn't going to be a younger guy. Then why not CM Punk when he did it?

Ok.....lets take Reigns out of the conversation. If you're going to be the guy who beats UT at WM....then you should be a guy who can have that attached to his name while he's on the active roster for at least a few years.

If it wasn't going to be a younger guy. Then why not CM Punk when he did it?

Taker is old school. He wants his loss to be believable. Who is more believable, the in-ring talented, microphone talented, yet small wrestler... Or the former UFC Heavyweight Champion?

Taker is old school. He wants his loss to be believable. Who is more believable, the in-ring talented, microphone talented, yet small wrestler... Or the former UFC Heavyweight Champion?

You lost me at believable. Who has Brock lost to since he's "come back". Were they believable?

Daniel Bryan winning after beating HHH...and getting jumped is more far fetched than CM Punk being UT in a straight match.

Why wouldn't Reigns be believable?  I almost resent Punk being called small because he's my size, 6'2" and over 200.  Taker is 6'10"; most people look small next to him.  Lesnar is only an inch taller than Punk, and the same height as Reigns.  And I know we're talking about "billed height" and "billed weight" here, but Lesnar only weighs 20 pounds more than Reigns does. 

Nothing is more unbelievable to me than losing to a guy that is basically in wrestling for the money, and probably gives no ****s about anything else. I know Taker may think otherwise, but thats just my opinion as a wrestling fan.

Maybe he should've just lost to HBK or HHH and called it a career.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Probably been discussed in the thread before, but what's everyone entrance music if they had the chance?

Easy....

Nothing is more unbelievable to me than losing to a guy that is basically in wrestling for the money, and probably gives no ****s about anything else. I know Taker may think otherwise, but thats just my opinion as a wrestling fan.

Maybe he should've just lost to HBK or HHH and called it a career.

Yeah. He should have lost to HHH the Third time they faced each other.

Better yet, he could have lost at WM 21 to Orton. I still remember a promo he had before that match...

Edited by MLSKINS

Funny thing is not only did the result cause fans to leave early but they overshadowed Bryan's win then too.  No one even cared about the final match.  So HHH spoiled Bryan's big moment after all lol.  Nicely done WWE. Ruined the biggest event in wrestling, caused your customers to leave, and totally ruined one of your's stars biggest moment.

It isn't like I've watched wrestling enough over the past decade to have a serious insider opinion, but everything about Reigns screams "star" to me. The look, the work rate, from what I read he has the right attitude to carry a big storyline. Seems like the sort of person WWE would want to push in this manner. Rather than a guy who left the company to pursue an MMA career, and only came back because he couldn't medically compete in MMA anymore. Because if Brock wasn't brought down by diverticulitis or however you spell it, he'd still be in the Octagon; that's where his heart was. I wouldn't feel confident entrusting him with something like this. I'd rather push a new guy, and Reigns seems to have "it."

The argument is valid and I think there are some concerns with Brock taking it however Reigns is still too green for a rub like that. The guy hasn't even started his solo career yet. Imagine him beating Taker and the guy hasn't even won an intercontinental title yet? Let alone the world title.

Brock makes sense kayfabe wise. He's a monster, he's a machine and Taker looked like a dog ready to be put out to pasture. He's also an accomplished and cemented star before last night. It isn't believable for many people to beat Taker and yes that includes Punk. People won't want to hear this but the only other person I could see besides Brock would have been Cena.

Edited by Big Weirdo

Did WWE potentially miss out on giving an up and comer the greatest "rub" in the business ? Yeah probably. I was watching a YT vid and a guy made a good point in that someone could have used "I broke the streak" like Y2J used "I beat Stone Cold and the Rock in the same damn night!!"

But they also created a great WM moment that LEGITIMATELY shocked the wrestling world. People with zero wrestling knowledge were tweeting about. It was the most shocking thing I've seen in a long long time and for that reason, it works. 

Only issue I had was that it kind of killed/stunned the crowd during the Bryan match (they came back to life when he won) and that they had Cena go over Wyatt, murdering his push in the process. 

The argument is valid and I think there are some concerns with Brock taking it however Reigns is still too green for a rub like that. The guy hasn't even started his solo career yet. Imagine him beating Taker and the guy hasn't even won an intercontinental title yet? Let alone the world title.

Brock makes sense kayfabe wise. He's a monster, he's a machine and Taker looked like a dog ready to be put out to pasture. He's also an accomplished and cemented star before last night. It isn't believable for many people to beat Taker and yes that includes Punk. People won't want to hear this but the only other person I could see besides Brock would have been Cena.

I think people would have been more accepting of Cena doing it.  Established HOFer himself.  People would expect Taker to win but they wouldn't be as upset if Cena had won.  He's already hated anyway.  All this did is give part timer a a major win and make WWE fans not want to watch anymore.  Atleast with Cena its a person who has been around forever so its a company man like Taker.  They could have had Cena, Michaels, HHH, Punk,etc do it.  But having a part timer do it was just wrong.

• Like 1

This is so priceless though. Every person's facial expression is hilarious. I can't stop watching it. Fascinating. If you watch Paul Heyman after the 1-2-3, he reacts incredibly quick. He immediately jumps in the air and dives thru the ropes, in celebratory mode. I think he knew it was going to happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNZMUMb5E6g

You lost me at believable. Who has Brock lost to since he's "come back". Were they believable?

Daniel Bryan winning after beating HHH...and getting jumped is more far fetched than CM Punk being UT in a straight match.

HHH and DB isn't the Undertaker. How many times has Taker lost to Bryan? Or HHH?

Again, I said the UNDERTAKER is old school. I didn't say the wrestling business is.

Why wouldn't Reigns be believable?  I almost resent Punk being called small because he's my size, 6'2" and over 200.  Taker is 6'10"; most people look small next to him.  Lesnar is only an inch taller than Punk, and the same height as Reigns.  And I know we're talking about "billed height" and "billed weight" here, but Lesnar only weighs 20 pounds more than Reigns does. 

I didn't say he wouldn't be. But who knows when Reigns would be ready and the WWE ready to commit to him.

The timetable may have been NOW for a Taker loss. And Reigns isn't to that point yet.

Whether its Sting at 31 or he's retired for good, Taker, if he was going to lose, had to have the streak ended now if he is in fact ready to call it quits.

Reigns can still benefit off the rub if he beats Lesnar. Taker may not be around for Reigns when he's ready.

It isn't like I've watched wrestling enough over the past decade to have a serious insider opinion, but everything about Reigns screams "star" to me.  The look, the work rate, from what I read he has the right attitude to carry a big storyline.  Seems like the sort of person WWE would want to push in this manner.  Rather than a guy who left the company to pursue an MMA career, and only came back because he couldn't medically compete in MMA anymore.  Because if Brock wasn't brought down by diverticulitis or however you spell it, he'd still be in the Octagon; that's where his heart was.  I wouldn't feel confident entrusting him with something like this.  I'd rather push a new guy, and Reigns seems to have "it." 

The Taker himself said that no doubt he would have pursued an MMA career if it was around when he started professional wrestling.  Brock leaving to pursue a career in a legitimate sport should not be frowned upon.  Brock was an incredible athlete in high school and college, the fact that he was able to train in MMA and not only win, but unify the titles screams how great he was.

Some possible story for Sting it was suggested that he fight Randy Orton. Randy Orton would be in his legend killer mode after losing the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. It was then Suggested that Sting would eventually win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship since it would complete his career. Then have him inducted into the Hall of Fame at Wrestlemainia 31. Sting could defend against the undertaker or remember Rock still had a rematch clause from losing the belt to Cena at wrestlemania 29. Sting vs Rock could be used if the undertaker was unable to compete.

Funny thing is not only did the result cause fans to leave early but they overshadowed Bryan's win then too.  No one even cared about the final match.  So HHH spoiled Bryan's big moment after all lol.  Nicely done WWE. Ruined the biggest event in wrestling, caused your customers to leave, and totally ruined one of your's stars biggest moment.

I wouldnt say they ruined anything.  Except making it out like Daniel Bryan is all of the sudden invincible (takes beating from HHH after winning, takes beating in main event, gets put on a stretcher w/neck brace, gets off stretcher, wins match) and I guess winning the titles automatically cures wounded shoulders, cause he didn't sell the injury at all once he won.

Everyone, everyone knew that Bryan was going to win the title.  He had to, he had already been screwed for over a year now and clearly has the entire fanbase on his side.  Nobody thought the Taker's streak would end.  If anything, they should have made the main event Taker/Orton, but they would have gotten flack for not pushing the importance of the championship belt.  

Anyone that walked out because they were butt hurt over Taker losing has issues lol.  You don't have to like it, but its whats best for business.  Taker himself said it in 2010 that Brock should be the one to end his streak.  Mark is old school man and back in the day, he would job for a lot of the new comers, especially on Raw and other PPVs.  He was never going to job for a new, younger guy for the Streak though.  That's what vets went after.  

Some possible story for Sting it was suggested that he fight Randy Orton. Randy Orton would be in his legend killer mode after losing the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. It was then Suggested that Sting would eventually win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship since it would complete his career. Then have him inducted into the Hall of Fame at Wrestlemainia 31. Sting could defend against the undertaker or remember Rock still had a rematch clause from losing the belt to Cena at wrestlemania 29. Sting vs Rock could be used if the undertaker was unable to compete.

Gallen Fantasy booking rules.

• Like 2

Dude Sting is like 60. IF he ever wrestles in WWE, it'll be a one shot.

I'd rather Sting not wrestle ever again (Rock as well) and have them both induct into the HOF in the next two years

HHH and DB isn't the Undertaker. How many times has Taker lost to Bryan? Or HHH?

Again, I said the UNDERTAKER is old school. I didn't say the wrestling business is.

I think we're just not going to agree here. I'd think Old School would mean he'd not be ok with losing a part-timer who won't be around for long. I won't pretend to know what UT personally wanted. My believe for a few years now has been that if able (sounds like he wasn't) UT should have been more involved leading up to UM.......gone in for a title match....WON.....then retired the next night and leaving a bracket style tourney in place leading up to Summerslam for the next Champ.

my entrance music

kidding.

I'd like to come out to

Anyone that wanted to watch Taker/Sting at WM31, with Sting ending the Takers streak is crazy imo.  Both can barely wrestle anymore, I can't think of a worse match.  Also, Sting would not have deserved to end the streak.  Period.  He turned his back on Vince when they bought out WCW.  WWE and Vince don't owe Sting ****.

Everyone keeps bringing up the fact that Brock left WWE, etc. etc.  Well Sting, refused to be part of WWE, same thing if you ask me.  Both sold out, sure Sting stayed in wrestling, but everyone knew TNA would never rise and legitimately compete against WWE on a weekly basis.  Until a billionaire buys them and wants to dance, zero competition.  

Brock might only be able to compete part time right now because of his medical condition.  If the Taker said Brock should be the one to break his streak, then Brock should have been the one to break his streak (and he did).  CM Punk has turned his back on the company twice now, not to mention quitting before his contract was even up and this is the whinny ass baby y'all want ending the streak?

Punk got a helluva a push in WWE, held the title for 434 days.  Letting him end the streak at WM would have been too much of an ego feed.  

I don't get it, Brock leaves to go compete in a real sport and becomes a world champion MMA fighter.  He acknowledges that he is in it for the money, period, and is honest about it.  And he's hated on by fans because of that?  But Punk can whine/cry/****/moan and quit before his contract is up because he is upset.  But everyone wants him to to be the man, comeback, end the streak, etc.  

**I want Punk back, because he is a great talent.  I love both guys to be honest.**