Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2007739-report-sting-vs-the-undertaker-planned-for-wrestlemania-31

Report: Sting vs. the Undertaker Planned for WrestleMania 31? By Sharon GlencrossFeatured Columnist Mar 27, 2014

Could we see Sting and The Undertaker have a match at WrestleMania 31 next year? Per one recent report, it appears to be a strong possibility.

Dave Meltzer notes in this week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required) that the “working idea” within WWEright now is for the pair to square off at Levi’s Stadium next year:

Regarding Sting, there is a working idea that he does one 
WWE
 match and then retires, which everyone presumes at this point will be with Undertaker at WrestleMania 31 in Santa Clara. Whether this is made clear at Mania itself, at Raw the next day, or at some point closer to the show is unclear. Right now the only thing confirmed is the idea is Sting will do one last match.

Another tantalizing possibility: Following Undertaker’s (presumed) victory over Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 30 in New Orleans next week, could we see Sting make some sort of surprise appearance to hype up the bout?

Well, it would certainly get people talking, wouldn’t it?

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/463601-when-will-rvd-return-to-wwe-sting

Sting/Taker Update

The latest regarding Sting's debut and future work with WWE is that he'll only be wrestling one singles match with the company. Of course, the expectation is that if he's only working one match, it will be against The Undertaker at WrestleMania 31 next year. However, it's unknown whether or not WWE will decide to reveal those plans on WrestleMania Sunday or the following night on RAW. 

It is worth noting that Sting is in New Orleans during WrestleMania weekend. It was announced that he'll be doing a special, and very rare appearance at the annual WrestleCon convention taking place that weekend in New Orleans.

Sting has recently stated publicly that he would like Taker to be his final match. However, this is the first report I've seen where that potential match would be his first AND only.

Edited by Gallen5862

Watching the Beyond the Ring: NWO on the WWE Network and man, I so forgot about the Nitro they tossed Ray Mysterio like a dart outside the studio at a trailer.  Cody Rhodes and Arn Anderson were saying that people that lived around the studio thought it was a gang fight, called 911, swat and fire trucks showed up thinking it was a gang war.  LOL, ****ing great times.

At this point, I just want the Undertaker to retire. If him versus Sting is the last match, then let it be.

But I can almost guarantee that Sting will be at RAW the night after Mania. They have been hinting at this since he left TNA.

I don't care how old the two of them are. Sting versus Taker would be HUGE. Maybe not for kids, but most of us who are in their mid twenties to Lord knows how old would have a definitive appreciate for a match like that. Forget a technical showcase. Forget being wow'ed by their wrestling ability. No one cares about that. It's about two wrestling LEGENDS. Sting and Taker. Two guys no one ever thought would be in the ring with one another.

Sorry, if you can't get amped up for that I don't know what to tell you.

And I could see this being WrestleMania 31's Rock/Cena Once in a Lifetime. Except there is a mutual respect between the two. Have them both make appearances from time to time, build it for a year. It could be completely epic. People would buy WrestleMania 31 who haven't watched much wrestling simply due to that match.

I'd be amped.

Having said that, I'll believe it when I see it.

• Like 1

I'll appreciate the build up. I just don't know if I would dig the match. Sting could barely do anything in the ring anymore. And that was in 2013. So how am I supposed to feel about him wrestling in 2015?

But like I said, the build up will be huge. I would appreciate that. 

In the end, the parts of the match that matter for those two:

1) The build

2) The moment they lock up

3) the one or two spots they're going to attempt to get the crowd juiced.

4) the finish

5) The wrap up the next night/after the match

What actually happens during the match, aside from the first time they lock up, the spot they attempt and the finish is largely irrelevant for a match like that. Sorry to the wrestling purists, but it simply doesn't matter.

Can't wait until that match happens. Match spills outside the ring... ting clocks Taker with a steel chair and busts him open, spraying the crowd with Taker's old man dust.

Sting drags him into the ring and puts him in the Scorpion Deathlock, but throws out his back, and can't synch it in.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised no one is posting. Tonight's the first major test of the WWE Network with the live broadcast of the WWE Hall of Fame.

So far on a scale of 1-10, I give it a 7 so far. The reception is good, but it does skip periodically.

http://whatculture.com/wwe/stings-wwe-promo-debut-wrestlemania-30-report.php

Sting’s WWE Promo Debut At WrestleMania 30 – Report

This week’s Figure Four Weekly Newsletter reports that the original plan for Sting’s WWE debut was for a vignette to run during WrestleMania 30 to establish his persona for an appearance the next night on Raw.

As of today these plans may have changed, but given that many mainstream WWE fans won’t know who Sting is, it still seems the most sensible option to build to a debut via a promo video. This was the same scenario WWE ran with Bill Goldberg back in 2003, they showed a career highlight package at Mania 19 and then had him come out on Raw the next night to spear The Rock.

Perhaps what we will see this year will involve a Sting video promo at Mania, with him coming out the next night on Raw to meet The Undertaker in the ring. This is the match WWE are reportedly planning for WrestleMania 31 and there’s little doubt that promoting it a year out would be a good idea. That way the WWE can build up anticipation in a way that’s different from their usual Taker streak match, Sting vs Undertaker needs to be built up as something special.

Read more at http://whatculture.com/wwe/stings-wwe-promo-debut-wrestlemania-30-report.php#mryfdG8ZvkLTJlb5.99

thought it was just me 

Hope they fix it soon

yeah, this is horrible.  It was fine at the beginning, then I stepped away to help the wife clean up some and its sounds like its being broadcast over a ****ing cell phone.  If the entire Wrestlemania is like this, I'm going to be one pissed off fan/customer.