Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

I ordered TNA Lockdown last night and I must say it was probably one of the weakest TNA PPV's I've seen in a long time. We all wanted, 1st Russo gone. CHECK! Then Bischoff. CHECK! Then Hogan. CHECK! Now who do ya blame? We all talk about letting the young guys flourish, but TNA is seriously lacking star power and it showed last night.

What has happened to Joe? He used to put on some incredible matches, now he's just simply dull. I know Magnus represents the youth movement, but dude is simply not main event material. It doesn't help that TNA is booking him as a paper champion. Last night showed it.

TNA at one time had the best tag and women's division in ALL of wrestling. What happened? They went from America's Most Wanted to Beer Money to Bro-Man's? Those guys are a joke.

With all that being said, TNA's biggest problem is Dixie Carter. She wants to be famous so bad. Rumor has it, Jeff Jarrett was gonna purchase TNA with financial backing from Toby Keith under one stipulation. Dixie Carter would still be apart of TNA, but not as an on-air personality. Dixie refused and her daddy(who really owns TNA)refused the deal.

As a TNA fan, I really wished that deal had gone through because TNA is a mess right now. I'm not gonna go as far as people have been doing since the day TNA was formed by saying the end is near, but TNA desperately needs to do something. Send CM Punk a blank check. Something.

Lockdown is pretty much the 1 TNA PPV I would alway buy but I ended up passing on it this year and after reading the results, I'm glad I did.  Did Russo make a cameo for the Joe-Magnus finish?  I also read that they pretty much ruined Jeff Hardy's Willow character within the first 5 minutes of the match. 

I've been following TNA on and off for a while now and have been watching Impact pretty faithfully for the last 2 years or so and I agree that this is by far the worst their product has been.  I won't be surprised if TNA is gone by this time next year. 

Lockdown is pretty much the 1 TNA PPV I would alway buy but I ended up passing on it this year and after reading the results, I'm glad I did.  Did Russo make a cameo for the Joe-Magnus finish?  I also read that they pretty much ruined Jeff Hardy's Willow character within the first 5 minutes of the match. 

I've been following TNA on and off for a while now and have been watching Impact pretty faithfully for the last 2 years or so and I agree that this is by far the worst their product has been.  I won't be surprised if TNA is gone by this time next year. 

Yep, they actually used the old and tired "pull the wrestler under/through the ring" trick. IN A WORLD TITLE MATCH!!!

Yep, they actually used the old and tired "pull the wrestler under/through the ring" trick. IN A WORLD TITLE MATCH!!!

When I read that I just laughed in disgust and shook my head.  What makes it even more ridiculous is the completely random Abyss tie in.  The same with Bully Ray being the "guest referee" for the Lethal Lockdown match.  Do they just sit around and say "who doesn't have an active storyline?  Let's find a way to throw them into the mix!"

When I read that I just laughed in disgust and shook my head.  What makes it even more ridiculous is the completely random Abyss tie in.  The same with Bully Ray being the "guest referee" for the Lethal Lockdown match.  Do they just sit around and say "who doesn't have an active storyline?  Let's find a way to throw them into the mix!"

I knew the person Dixie was talking to was Bully Ray considering he wasn't on the card. I was hoping for a real surprise, but I knew better.

Yeah that whole segment was great and now we get Daniel Bryan in 2 wrestlemania matches and hopefully winning the belt!

I didn't watch a lot of the show. I saw part of the Heyman/Taker bit. I saw the opening with Hogan/Cena....and the HHH/Bryan thing. All of that came off pretty well.

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one that thinks Triple H is going to beat Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania via dirty tactics?

And right before the main event, when everyone is pissed off, Vince McMahon comes in to make the save, saying he thinks Bryan has earned the right, and given the fact that HHH had to cheat to win, Daniel Bryan will be in the match for the WWE Title...

It becomes a fatal fourway...

Bryan pins HHH to win the WWE HW Championship.

I had a long post on here last week that I thought I posted, but I don't see it. lol

Am I the only one that thinks Triple H is going to beat Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania via dirty tactics?

And right before the main event, when everyone is pissed off, Vince McMahon comes in to make the save, saying he thinks Bryan has earned the right, and given the fact that HHH had to cheat to win, Daniel Bryan will be in the match for the WWE Title...

Not a bad idea. I hope something like that happens.

• Like 1

I don't see it happening. HHH and Vince don't like those little guys. While it would be a smart idea....they always want to put over the bigger guys like a Cena or a tall Orton.....or a Monster like Batista. I think that's why it was so surprising that they gave it to Punk for so long. More likely that Bryan wins his match...gets in the main event and HHH then uses that chance to screw him over paving the way for either Orton or Batista. 

Yeah, but Bryan getting screwed over = even more ultimate fan support.  My first thoughts were HHH will beat Byran with outside help.  Then in the fatal threeway, he would get taken out by Orton and Batista, they would go at it, keeping the match going, then HHH would take advantage of an opportunity and go for the win, only to have Bryan screw him out of taking the belt.  

HHH and Bryan start going at it, he gets him in the yes lock, HHH is flailing around pretty much tapping out even though its not a sanctioned match.  Then Orton or Batista wins the match.  Bryan then hits the winner with the yes lock, causing the crowd to go into a frenzy like we haven't seen before.  He grabs the belt and holds it over the champ.

Yeah, but Bryan getting screwed over = even more ultimate fan support.  My first thoughts were HHH will beat Byran with outside help.  Then in the fatal threeway, he would get taken out by Orton and Batista, they would go at it, keeping the match going, then HHH would take advantage of an opportunity and go for the win, only to have Bryan screw him out of taking the belt.  

HHH and Bryan start going at it, he gets him in the yes lock, HHH is flailing around pretty much tapping out even though its not a sanctioned match.  Then Orton or Batista wins the match.  Bryan then hits the winner with the yes lock, causing the crowd to go into a frenzy like we haven't seen before.  He grabs the belt and holds it over the champ.

That would be good for any other PPV except for Wrestlemania and maybe Summerslam.

This the PPV the everybody (non-wrestling maniacs) watches. You have to have a clean finish, something that is "believable". So we can't have Daniel Bryan coming in at the end of the match wreaking havoc; it would confuse people to some extent. 

Where is Raw after WM? Remember its usually the best of the year.

If I had to guess, it'll probably be somewhere in New Orleans, or maybe even Texas?

I think DB has to win the belt. Screwing him over again doesn't really make sense. They've been doing it for 6 months straight. If they aren't going to have the storyline come to a close at Wrestlemania then when? Why repeat what they did the last two months at the biggest show of the year? I would almost guarantee DB leaves with the belt and I would love if the main even was turned into a fatal four way.

But WWE doesn't really do stuff like that anymore. I'd be shocked if they changed the main event while the card was going.

Where is Raw after WM? Remember its usually the best of the year.

It's going to be at the Smoothie King arena, directly across from the Super Dome. They just had a RAW there so I didn't know they were going to be going back there.

The Raw before WM is in DC. I am going to try and make it.

I remember the past few years...the Raw after WM has been better than a lot of PPVs. The crowd was insane last year. 

Yeah, it also helps when the Rock was involved in the past three Wrestlemanias, special guest referee, once in a lifetime match vs Cena, then grabs the title to drop it to Cena last year.  Brilliant move by Vince/HHH to bring back the Rock part-time, draw back some older fans.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

I think DB has to win the belt. Screwing him over again doesn't really make sense. They've been doing it for 6 months straight. If they aren't going to have the storyline come to a close at Wrestlemania then when? Why repeat what they did the last two months at the biggest show of the year? I would almost guarantee DB leaves with the belt and I would love if the main even was turned into a fatal four way.

But WWE doesn't really do stuff like that anymore. I'd be shocked if they changed the main event while the card was going.

It does seem far fetched, but it would be a good way to get McMahon back in...

It would also be a good way for HHH and Vince to show the Sami Zayn's of the world they have a chance at the top prize. Morale would be really high after that.

Plus, it'll get the crowd SUPER pissed after HHH wins and screws Bryan, only to have euphoria wash over everyone when Vince brings him back in and his inevitable win (over HHH). Then Orton and Batista can feud with Bryan over the belt as well as HHH because it was his decision to make that happen... While HHH feuds with Vince because he blames Vince. It opens a TON of storyline chances. And you can get other guys involved as well.

• Like 2

It does seem far fetched, but it would be a good way to get McMahon back in...

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the idea. I just don't think it's something the WWE would do. Fans always have better storyline ideas than the WWE. I don't have faith for them to pull off something cool like what is proposed here. I don't even believe that this whole DB storyline was meant to lead to Wrestlemania. Fans got lucky this year that WWE decided to change its direction and had a way to still put DB back in the picture.

The original WWE plan was to have Batista win the Royal Rumble and the crowd go nuts when he won the title at WM. Haha obviously that wasn't going to work out once they realized Batista had to be a heel because everyone hates him anyway. So they had to insert a face into the world title match, and it might as well be DB.

On the other hand, if this whole thing was planned the whole time, then I give kudos to the WWE. The DB storyline has been developing for awhile and WM is actually the perfect time for him to finally overcome the authority and also have his WM moment. But I refuse to give WWE that much credit. DB has always been good and got really hot with the crowd and WWE had JUST enough time to pull their head out of their asses and cancel the terrible main event they had planned. And Triple H still found a way to involve himself in everything lol

It's setting up.

Steph called HHH the most influential man in the WWE on Monday (or something along those lines).

I'm going to make my prediction official. Triple H beats Daniel Bryan via dirty tactics.

The Main Event starts...

Triple H, Orton and Batista are in the ring. Lights are on. They're sizing each other up...

"NO CHANCE! THAT'S A WHATCHA GOT!!!!!!"

Triple H spins his head to the ramp. Steph is at ring side and she has this confused look on her face...

"Well, I came out here to congratulate Triple H on his win earlier tonight. I've heard several complaints throughout the locker room about Triple H's win, and many believe that Daniel Bryan should replace Triple H in this match..." *crowd pops, YES, YES, YES!* "I came out here to address those concerns as the CEO of the WWE..." *YES, YES, YES! chants* "Although, I can't be certain Triple H didn't recruit the help of <insert name of whoever helps him... Kane?>, I also don't have proof of it, so I can't reverse any decisions, unfortunately. Which means Daniel Bryan will not be replacing Triple H in this match." *Massive boos*

*Vince stares at Triple H as he and Steph have gigantic smiles on their faces*

"But what I can do..."

*Triple H and Steph's faces turn. Orton looks bewildered. Batista stares blankly*

"As it is truly best for business... Is add a fourth competitor to this match. Ladies and gentlemen, the fourth participant in the Main Event of WrestleMania... DANIEL BRYAN!"

*Steph screams. Triple H  yells down the ramp at Vince. Orton kicks the ropes. Bryan walks out. Looks at Vince, nods his head and leads the "YES!" chant as he comes down to the ring*

During the match, the ref goes down and out come the Outlaws and Kane to help Triple H win the match. They clear the ring until the Shield emerges. The Shield chases them out (continuing their feud but not impacting the main event) and Daniel Bryan makes Triple H tap out to win the title.

• Like 1