Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Yeah you may be right. I remember going to a RAW and Backlash at Verizon back in the day, but can't remember what year it was.

Only reason i remember that was because my friend, his brother, and uncle went, and had one extra ticket, but my ass was grounded lol.

I thought the Backlash in DC was the one when the Undertaker came back as the American Bad Ass.

That was Judgment Day the next month when he interfered in the Rock/HHH Iron Man match. Those creepy vignettes with the little girl singing nursery rhymes were also airing that whole month

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

Only reason i remember that was because my friend, his brother, and uncle went, and had one extra ticket, but my ass was grounded lol.

That was Judgment Day the next month when he interfered in the Rock/HHH Iron Man match

Man, one day after school is over for the semester, I am going to watch the whole 2000 PPV from start to finish. That was the year I really got into wrestling.

Man, one day after school is over for the semester, I am going to watch the whole 2000 PPV from start to finish. That was the year I really got into wrestling.

I'll probably watch Fully Loaded '98 again. I imagine Jacqueline's titties missed the cut this time around lol. That was the beast Kane/Taker inferno match, where JR and King probably came close to burning to a crisp. I can't imagine how hot it was to be near ringside, then for two seven foot 300 pounders to wrestle in costumes with ginormous Balrog flames shooting up every time one of them got slammed.

After that I'll probably go SummerSlam '98 which was the epic ladder match between Rock and HHH, and one of the last big Nation/DX feuds, because the Nation pretty much broke up a few weeks later, when Rock started going solo, and eventually Corporate Champ. There was also some crazy ass UFC octagon type of match between Steve Blackman and Owen Hart, where they were almost shoot fighting each other. Then you had Austin/Taker for the strap. That was one of the best Slam's ever.

Apparently, Jake's cancer is in his knee, and starting to get into the muscle.  I don't know a whole lot about degrees of bad cancer, but it seems like the knee would be an easier fight than say, brain or lung, correct?  He might make the HOF induction after all.

So, am I reading this right....WWE Network is $9.99/month and if you sign up (minimum of 6 months), you get all the current PPVs, including Wrestlemania for free?  And does that mean we get them live?  Or weeks after for free?

Edit:  I see it's live streaming the night of the PPV event.  Which for the price, you cannot beat.  Wrestlemania cost $70, this is $60 for 6 months, so you get 6 PPVs.  So, now my next question is if they are streaming them live during the event, will they be available to download and watch immediately when its over?

DOUBLE EDIT - **** it, I just bought it LOL  :D  This is great.  Watching WM1.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

I'm watching this on a wired connection through my PS3, the buffering is horrible.  Anyone else having issues?  It keeps pausing to buffer, which blows.

Its playing better as it goes on, but Ive noticed that the loading/buffering thing is in the center of my screen spinning around and won't go away lol.  

I know its the first day of launch, so I'll cut them a break.  But, I just tried watching WM11 and fast forwarding to the end to watch the Diesel/HBK match and it freezes up on buffering, sat there "loading" for 5+ minutes.  They have got to fix that **** before WM30.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

I know people were probably watching WWE Network last night so they didn't care about RAW, but it was weird. I think John Cena legitimately hurt his knee last night. And Batista git booed like crazy lol.

But the crowd got hot for Hogan, Big E and Cesaro had an incredible match. Daniel Bryan and Kane brought it, Bray and Roman Reigns brought it, and the crowd exploded when the Undertaker came out, even though I am pretty sure a lot of them knew what was going to happen. A very solid show to kick off the Mania program.

It's a known problem. All of the devices with the on demand content are struggling. Most people can't watch 10 minutes of a pay-per-view before they get an error or buffering and getting kicked back to the main menu.

The live stream seems to be working 100% for EVERYONE. Which is GREAT news, considering a lot of people are ponying up just for the ability to watch the live pay per views.

They're working on the issues with on-demand content. I think the one week trial was put in place specifically because they knew there would be issues and this was essentially their 3-4 day beta test. I wouldn't stress too much about it. The fact that the live stream stuff is working is great news. If they fix the on-demand they have a gold mine on their hands. The Network is still in its infancy :)

• Like 3

Yeah man, I am not tripping. I think in a couple of weeks they will get this done. I remember people saying MLBTV had a smilialar problem when it first came out, but now they stream works almost flawlessly.  I hope I am able to watch the 2001 SummerSlam today though...

Edited by MLSKINS

Yeah man, I am not tripping. I think in a couple of weeks they will get this done. I remember people saying MLBTV had a smilialar problem when it first came out, but now they stream works almost flawlessly.  I hope I am able to watch the 2001 SummerSlam today though...

Ironically, MLBAM (Major League Baseball Advanced somethingorother) are the ones who are running the WWE Network. They said on day one that they were shocked with the demand. So, with MLB.tv making great strides, I'd expect the same kind of strides with WWE Network.

• Like 1

Ironically, MLBAM (Major League Baseball Advanced somethingorother) are the ones who are running the WWE Network. They said on day one that they were shocked with the demand. So, with MLB.tv making great strides, I'd expect the same kind of strides with WWE Network.

I know. That is why I made the comparison.

It's working fine on my computer, but I would bet it still sucks on the PS4. I wish they had the app on the XB1, but I don't think it's coming until summer time.

I know. That is why I made the comparison.

It's working fine on my computer, but I would bet it still sucks on the PS4. I wish they had the app on the XB1, but I don't think it's coming until summer time.

My laptop worked fine from day one. My Roku and PS4 have not. Granted, I watched about 20 minutes on Monday on my laptop, tested the live stream, watched (bits and fast forwarded) through a NXT episode and put on World War 3 and fast forwarded through it to test that.

PS4 would buffer/stop on-demand.

Roku is the same.

Both work well with live stream, though.

Tonight its working great.  Most of the old PPVs actually show the hot spots on the progress bar to forward to the next match.  Zero buffering issues when those show up.  I just watched the Bash at the Beach 96, the hostile takeover.  Then watched the one PPV where it was NWO Wolfpack, it didnt show the "next match spots", but when I fast forwarded to the final match, it would freeze up and buffer for a few minutes, then it was fine.

Now I'm watching Wargames from 96, back when the NWO stomps the **** out of the horsemen.  Great thing about this, I was in college and it took place in Winston Salem, NC.  Well, Monday Nitro was in Charlotte (where I went to college and live), so we went to Nitro and when the NWO came in, Nash grabs the mic and says, "Death to the Horsemen......in their own backyard!"  

The ****ing **** storm of trash thrown, boo's, etc. was insane.  About 5 of us went, all in NWO shirts.  We got beer thrown on us, etc.  Crazy night.

• Like 1