Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Did anyone catch the draft. SD got hosed. SD now mostly consist of midcarders.

You're telling me. My family thought it would be nice to give me (as a birthday gift) a ticket to the SD live event at Show Place on the 12th. Now with Taker out for the summer (damn you & your knee brace, Mysterio) and the draft, I'm going to be bored out of my mind for 2-3 hours.

Are they really using the nWo theme? I like the idea, but it just seems 100% unoriginal.

Nah, it was just something put out by the fans.

I enjoyed the Kane-Sheamus match.

Kane's all set for a bit title push. That match last night against Sheamus wasn't bad at all. The finish didn't seem to hurt either of them as well. I'll start taking a peek at Smackdown to see how that plays out.

Edited by cyfar

I haven't watched wrestling for real since The Rock left. I read the recaps because of all you guys saying it was awesome last night only to be disappointed. A bunch of no name jobbers jumped Cena? What's sad is that is exciting nowadays.

I think that was the first time RAW has had me going "HOLY ****!" in a long looooong time. I mean, I'm used to the Skins causing that reaction but this was GOOD. No announcers helped. Cole escaped & they didn't even show it happen. You just heard him talking & them his voice just stopped as the King went down.

Some of the dirtsheets I looked at this morning have either Cole or Jericho being the mastermind behind it. If you rewatch it, it looked like Wade Barret was the leader out there last night, he even gave the head nod to the group to get in the ring with Cena.

Either way, I'm definately watching NXT tonight to see where they go with it. Hopefully they don't screw it up.

A bunch of no name jobbers jumped Cena? What's sad is that is exciting nowadays.

I wouldn't call it 'sad'. They just elevated eight new guys to a spot where they're all anyone is talking about. They just injected a bunch of needed youth into their roster.

this, after they just elevated Bourne as a main eventer last week as Cena's tag partner & had him get the pinfall on Shemus, another guy they've recently elevated.

I wouldn't call it 'sad'. They just elevated eight new guys to a spot where they're all anyone is talking about. They just injected a bunch of needed youth into their roster.

this, after they just elevated Bourne as a main eventer last week as Cena's tag partner & had him get the pinfall on Shemus, another guy they've recently elevated.

I don't doubt it, TK. But I've barely heard of any of these guys. I've heard of Sheamus as I flip through the channels and stop on it for nostalgias sake sometimes. But I have no idea who any of the other guys are. In the long run this may pay off for them, but for now, anyone who isn't watching this on a weekly basis isn't going to jump back into it due to this stuff.

Kane's all set for a bit title push. That match last night against Sheamus wasn't bad at all. The finish didn't seem to hurt either of them as well. I'll start taking a peek at Smackdown to see how that plays out.
If anyone deserves a title push, it's Kane. He's always been one of the top wrestlers in WWE, yet he's been WWE Champion once, and it was for 24 hours. He won the ECW World Title, but that doesn't really count.

I don't doubt it, TK. But I've barely heard of any of these guys. I've heard of Sheamus as I flip through the channels and stop on it for nostalgias sake sometimes. But I have no idea who any of the other guys are. In the long run this may pay off for them, but for now, anyone who isn't watching this on a weekly basis isn't going to jump back into it due to this stuff.

The Fan reactions really made that "invasion" epic to me:

2u8dt0y.gif

In all honesty, i got caught up in the fact that it had the feel of when nWo used to take over on Monday Nights. I've come to accept WWE's "PG Era" of wrestling and found fun in the little moments (such has Mean Gene, Dusty and Piper showing up last night) but this group of guys(two of which are far from jobbers) have actually been the more compelling story in the E for the past couple of weeks. For the creative team to allow that to happen was pretty darn cool in my opinion. Also, you've missed out on some great matches if the last time you watched was when the Rock was a regular.

Lastly, here's proof that the nWo theme works with just about anything.

http://tubedubber.com/#KgssjkrRqA4:UEwxKsTpx7g:0:100:0:0:true

Some of the dirtsheets I looked at this morning have either Cole or Jericho being the mastermind behind it. If you rewatch it, it looked like Wade Barret was the leader out there last night, he even gave the head nod to the group to get in the ring with Cena.

Either way, I'm definately watching NXT tonight to see where they go with it. Hopefully they don't screw it up.

Yeah, my money is on Cole coming out as the mastermind behind this. That way the slow heel turn on NXT and Raw, and the Bryan Danielson beef would make much more sense. Needless to say, i'm very excited to see the fallout on tonights NXT.

Edited by cyfar

It was okay, reminded me of the old NWO sabotage-the-show days. 'Cept instead of the wrestlers destroying everything, the crowd would completely trash the ring. It was so enthralling, not because a simple idea of someone getting jumped was put in to place, but because the wrestlers had SUCH good mic skills. NWO had some of the best heels of their era handing the mic off to one another. Sometimes with little to no preparation.

I don't really know what it is...whether it's the world of A.D.D. we live in today, or if Vince just refuses to dive in to a sort of "era"...the WWE just doesn't have those long, anxiety-ridden rivalries and dynasties the way wrestling used to. That jumping of Cena last night, sorry, but I just don't expect that to carry much momentum. The WWE is so fast with their storyline turnover rates.

That said, wrestling has always evolved, and this may be a new starting point. However, it doesn't need to be revamped from a money perspective; business is 'a boomin'. As far as the quality of the story lines and the use of the microphone, I have to give the past 10 years an F...I can't help but change the channel after five minutes of watching.

Most of the microphone showdowns are just the wrestlers staring at each other with wide-open eyes...like they're Regis Philbin waiting to tell us if we're right or wrong. Then they say something totally lame and it immediately makes you reminisce about old WCW/WWF interviews and in-ring showdowns. "I remember when Flair told Savage that 'Liz was a Jezebel, in like the most convincing whirlwind of anger I've ever seen."

I just don't see it happening guys, I don't see how destroying a ring will revamp the approach to story telling, I don't see how it will make wrestlers better on the microphone. The only character I truly respect right now on the mic is Triple H...and it's because he's essentially a gargantuan condescending comedian. To me, selling the show is more important than the show itself...hence Hogan being the most popular wrestler ever and only had about four moves in his arsenal.

I hope we see wrestling turn a corner, I really do.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Wow! Hopefully, WWE doesn't eff this up. I'll be watching NXT tonight to see if this spills over and to see what they do if it does. I'm not holding my breath because sadly PG will win out in the end :(

WWE has basically had the same six games in the main event scene for something like six years. They needed to do something drastic to break the log-jam.

This felt very old school. Foget the NWO. This was something that would have happened in Mid-South or Georgia - a few small time guys get together and try to be big time guys. Wrestling needs to get back to the idea that you wrestle to win so that you make money - not to be an icon or a superstar or whatever they are always talking about now.

This really has potential in a "You are rich and famous. I am poor and hungry. You are in my way" sort of way.

Of course, Cena will probably take them all out by himself next week.