Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

I betcha this Kane as champion thing is going to come out to make another feud between he and Taker. I read that Taker is in some angle where he's gone for awhile or something... And Kane is looking for the person who took him out?

I bet Kane take him out. Yay rehash.

I betcha this Kane as champion thing is going to come out to make another feud between he and Taker. I read that Taker is in some angle where he's gone for awhile or something... And Kane is looking for the person who took him out?

I bet Kane take him out. Yay rehash.

Yep, I bet WWE pulls another predictable rabbit out of the hat with this storyline. Not much shock value in WWE anymore, and as of now, there's no "dream match" scenarios for WrestleMania 27, unless there's a Cena vs. Taker "Title versus Streak" match.

Yep, I bet WWE pulls another predictable rabbit out of the hat with this storyline. Not much shock value in WWE anymore, and as of now, there's no "dream match" scenarios for WrestleMania 27, unless there's a Cena vs. Taker "Title versus Streak" match.

Even then is there any question that Taker is going to win?

He won't lose at WrestleMania, and if he does, WWE is quite frankly stupid.

No doubt. Count me as one that just doesn't like Orton all that much whether he's a heel or a face. There was a quick second when he was running Legacy and he came off as someone cool because of the psychotic angle but something he did wound up ruining it for me. Maybe his pose?! i dunno.

Probably because Orton has absolutely zero personality. I mean "The Viper?" "The Apex Predator?" Come on.

It's hard to really sell yourself as a main event, upper-card guy when your entire gimmick is being a quiet psycho. Orton just walks out, speaks in his bland monotone voice, and then rolls his eyes around as if that demonstrates how unpredictable he actually is.

ZZZzzzzzzzzzz

He's a decent wrestler but he has no charisma. Even when he was in Evolution a few years ago, he was totally in the background, serving the role as the young athletic guy of the group, nothing more.

Even then is there any question that Taker is going to win?

He won't lose at WrestleMania, and if he does, WWE is quite frankly stupid.

Which is why at this point, feuds with Undertaker before Wrestlemania are totally pointless.

That's nice that Taker has been able to manage his way backstage into this undefeated streak, but it ruins the booking for at least one major character every spring. Someone gets into a big feud with Undertaker, the stakes build and lead into something really high at Wrestlemania, and everyone knows who's going to win. They've painted themselves into a corner with that, but I guess at this point there's really no way out.

But whoever DOES beat 'Taker will get a HUGE push.

No one will "beat" Taker. I doubt Taker would allow it at this point. If he were to lose it would be due to DQ or something lame like that.

Since it's scripted (I know, duh) I highly doubt Taker loses at a WrestleMania.

TNA has signed Paul Heyman as its main booker and he is bringing his ECW crew along with him. This could be interesting......

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avLjD5aPJi0&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avLjD5aPJi0&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

But then again...it is TNA.

Edited by blindside

Probably because Orton has absolutely zero personality. I mean "The Viper?" "The Apex Predator?" Come on.

It's hard to really sell yourself as a main event, upper-card guy when your entire gimmick is being a quiet psycho. Orton just walks out, speaks in his bland monotone voice, and then rolls his eyes around as if that demonstrates how unpredictable he actually is.

ZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Yeah a buddy and I were talking about that last night while watching Raw. When they returned from a commercial break, they showed old Austin/Taker footage and then cut to Randy backstage talking to Sheamus and it hit me. It's just like you said, he has absolutely no charisma but Vince and the story writers keep forcing his character down our throats.

Also: Was Heyman officially hired for TNA? I heard that Dreamer was running and setting up that storyline with the hopes of Heyman eventually signing.

TNA has signed Paul Heyman as its main booker and he is bringing his ECW crew along with him. This could be interesting......

Is that official? I have always been a fan of Heyman, and if he has full control like he wanted it could make that show a lot better. I watch TNA every once in a while (a lot more than WWE) and would try and catch it more often if Paul was involved.

“TNA is the only place that this event could happen,” Dreamer said. “There are no politics to worry about and no restrictions in place. The fans know that I have a lot of extremely close friends, so they can expect anything and everything to happen. I have some surprises for everyone. ”

I hope that this PPV lives up to what they are billing it as...

Here are some depressing facts:

From June 27, 2004 to January 8, 2006, JBL and John Cena were the only two WWE Champions, holding the title for 280 days each. Cena won his first WWE Championship at WrestleMania 21 (April 3, 2005), which I mark as the beginning of this horrid Cena era, proven by the facts that Cena has been in the WM main event every year since, with only one loss, and since that unholy night, Cena has held the title for 947 days, which equals slightly over 2.5 years.

After that, with the exception of RVD, who held the title for three weeks, the only WWE Champions have been Edge, Randy Orton, Jeff Hardy, John Cena, Triple H, Batista and Sheamus. So yes, the stuff on TV today is almost exactly the same as it was five years ago. And if you think back, you know I'm right (with the exception of Sheamus).

Also, the WWE Championship (when it wasn't vacant) hasn't changed hands on a non-PPV since July 3, 2006. That was RVD's reign ending when Edge defeated him and Cena in a triple threat match on Raw. RVD won that title at ECW One Night Stand against Cena, which was simply the realest demonstration of Cena animosity I've ever seen. :D:D

Edited by SonOfWashington

What really happened to Batista? Vacation, really got injured or is he headed to TNA? I keep wondering who "They" are when Abyss is talking. I've wondered if it could be Batista and another WWE superstar jumping ship.
Could be.

At WrestleMania XXVI Batista lost the WWE Championship in a re-match against John Cena after he had held the title for 35 days. Batista had a Last Man Standing rematch against John Cena at Extreme Rules once again for the WWE Championship, however he lost the match by having his feet duct-taped around the ring post by John Cena and could not physically stand. Later he once again became number one contender for the title and at WWE Over The Limit he lost his final match to Cena in an "I Quit" match. On the May 24 edition of Raw he opened the show in wheelchair and quit the company, with his profile subsequently being moved to WWE.com alumni page. He later said in an interview that he left WWE because he did not like the direction the company was going in and would not be returning anytime soon.

But not really.

On June 16, 2010, Batista attended Strikeforce: Los Angeles, having previously registered an interest in competing in Mixed martial arts. On June 21, 2010, Batista announced to TMZ.com that he would be embarking on a MMA career.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Batista

Edited by SonOfWashington

What really happened to Batista? Vacation, really got injured or is he headed to TNA? I keep wondering who "They" are when Abyss is talking. I've wondered if it could be Batista and another WWE superstar jumping ship.

I heard he really is injured. I think his back is injured, but they put it off as his arm is and he "quit." Not sure if he'll be back in WWE, though.

Batista is just old... He's like 41 years old...he said he may be back for one last hurrah but in reality his body was giving in due to age and his tendency to tear muscles so easily

I've heard he's actually older than that.

A lot of people think he's at least 45.

I've read rumors that Batista was talking about trying at least one MMA match, dunno if he wants to make a career out of it. That'd be a bad idea.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRTPeh6mgRY&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRTPeh6mgRY&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>