Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

If you aren't a Bryan Danielson mark like me than yeah SummerSlam really sucked for you last night.

The best part was Danielson. He is a good, no, he is a great wrestler. I just can't take the fluffy fluffiness that WWE is throwing out. The last good feud I saw was when Randy Orton and Kofi Kingston was going at it. Kofi and the WWE fumbled it, but it still was good enough.

BigMike, that's what I read...he WAS let go but would be hired back when the thing blew over.

MLSKINS, Kofi didn't fumble anything. It was the WWE.

This moment kicked ass (I was there, but this isn't my vid)

5W7YMQWwvik

a)They are working hard to put Cena over as the Hoganesque face of the company and it really grates on the viewer. That's why you have sooo many "Cena Sucks" chants during the shows. In my opinion he just doesn't have the same type of charisma to pull if off but their new target demographic eats it up nonetheless. I do respect that he is using his power in the company for good and is willing to put over some of the underexposed workers (Evan Bourne).

B) It's a shame that wrestling died for you when HBK left because there are many great wrestlers out there now. Quite a few of those guys learned from your beloved HBK.

c) Everything on that list looks good to me except for CZW.

a) I am well aware that Cena is the "hot ticket" in WWE. I understand he is the face of the company. But kids need to learn (even through storyline) that heroes don't always overcome the odds and are successful every time. If that was true...Joe Gibbs would have picked up at least 2 more Super Bowls in his 2nd stint. I mean, if he were to turn heel, perhaps I could tolerate him more. But this is killing me. I think the last time he was pinned and beaten clean in a regular match was SummerSlam 2008 vs. Batista

B) wrestling died in the sense that there aren't many surprises like before. For instance, the Undertaker/vegetative state storyline. How many of us were saying, "don't let it be Kane" the entire time? That was the predictable answer , and I didn't need to read any internet site to tell me. I know the options may have been limited, but it could have been someone who could really benefit from the push. Instead, we get Kane vs. Undertaker again. As far as wrestlers, I'm still big on Edge (as a heel), Jericho, C.M. Punk (dude is a beast), Miz (he's grown on me), Sheamus (beast!), and Danielson (Cattle Mutilation ftw!) in WWE. TNA has been screwing over Samoa Joe's character so much. I remember his match with AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels in 2005. One of the best matches ever. Now....TNA's inept booking is burying him, and they F'd up his match a couple weeks ago, giving away the draw result.

c) I wish there was something worthwhile nearby to go to....I've heard about Maryland Championship Wrestling, but I wish ROH or PWG was nearby...

BigMike, that's what I read...he WAS let go but would be hired back when the thing blew over.

MLSKINS, Kofi didn't fumble anything. It was the WWE.

This moment kicked ass (I was there, but this isn't my vid)

Yeah it was the WWE more than him but this video:

N-kxxFjiD6s

didn't help him. Did Randy Orton overreact, um yeah, but you know how the WWE likes to choreograph everything.

I am watching RAW, so far so good. Jericho and Barret put on a good match, and The Miz just Skull Crushed Daniel Brian into that briefcase. They have a good window to input some of that shock value I am talking about with replacing whoever loses in their match tonight.

Edited by MLSKINS

a) I am well aware that Cena is the "hot ticket" in WWE. I understand he is the face of the company. But kids need to learn (even through storyline) that heroes don't always overcome the odds and are successful every time. If that was true...Joe Gibbs would have picked up at least 2 more Super Bowls in his 2nd stint. I mean, if he were to turn heel, perhaps I could tolerate him more. But this is killing me. I think the last time he was pinned and beaten clean in a regular match was SummerSlam 2008 vs. Batista

B) wrestling died in the sense that there aren't many surprises like before. For instance, the Undertaker/vegetative state storyline. How many of us were saying, "don't let it be Kane" the entire time? That was the predictable answer , and I didn't need to read any internet site to tell me. I know the options may have been limited, but it could have been someone who could really benefit from the push. Instead, we get Kane vs. Undertaker again. As far as wrestlers, I'm still big on Edge (as a heel), Jericho, C.M. Punk (dude is a beast), Miz (he's grown on me), Sheamus (beast!), and Danielson (Cattle Mutilation ftw!) in WWE. TNA has been screwing over Samoa Joe's character so much. I remember his match with AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels in 2005. One of the best matches ever. Now....TNA's inept booking is burying him, and they F'd up his match a couple weeks ago, giving away the draw result.

c) I wish there was something worthwhile nearby to go to....I've heard about Maryland Championship Wrestling, but I wish ROH or PWG was nearby...

I can't take TNA anymore and I've been watching since it was ppv only. (thank God for pirated cable). Yeah, they RUINED joe, he was top 5 not to long ago.

Also, my favorite wrestler list is identical to yours! When I go to RAW next month, I am starting a "you're gonna get your ******* head kicked in" chant for danielson:evilg:

• 2 weeks later...

R.I.P. Luna Vachon.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2010/08/27/15162451.html

Luna Vachon

Luna Vachon has died. She was 47. According to family, she was at her mother's house and was found dead this morning.

The news comes just a short while after a house fire consumed her home and destroyed her wrestling memorabilia. She was staying at her mother's house after the fire.

Gertrude Vachon -- "Trudy" to friends -- was one of the most colourful and eccentric woman wrestlers of all time.

She was always billed as the son of Paul "The Butcher" Vachon; though biologically she is not his daughter, he always considered her as his daughter, even after splitting with her mother, Van, which was Butcher's second marriage.

Trudy arrived in his life when she was only four years old. "I taught my daughter Luna how to wrestle and also sent her to Moolah’s wrestling school. She patterned her wrestling style and personality after Mad Dog and I. Luna became one of the most famous and recognized lady wrestlers in wrestling history," wrote her father in his second autobiography.

"As a student, she was very much interested, and very much involved in really, really wanting to do the thing. She had good hopes," said Lillian Ellison, the Fabulous Moolah, years back. It was Moolah that named her "Angel" for wrestling.

In a 2000 interview, Butcher Vachon expanded on his adopted daughter's exposure to the wrestling business.

"She was 13, 14 years old and she used to come to the wrestling matches. I was working for the World Wrestling Federation when Vince Sr. was running it. We were living in Connecticut," he recalled. "We'd go early and get there late afternoon, the building would be open and the ring was up and no people in the place. We'd get up in the ring and I'd show her a few moves. Then some of the guys would start coming in and they'd help me start putting her through some paces.

"She could have done anything. She was a beautiful girl and very intelligent, smart, good looking, of course, like her dad. All she ever wanted to do [was wrestle]. Her idol was my sister, Vivien, who was a wrestler. She had been watching her ever since she was four or five years old. That's all she ever did. I told her she was a lunatic because all she wanted to do was wrestle."

"I thought it was the worst business a woman could be in. It's not even a business for men.

Luna always had a wild streak, he said. "This is a kid that at 15 years old, she took off on her own and hitchhiked to California from Florida."

Almost immediately, Luna got a chance to work in Japan, with her father as her manager, who pulling a few strings. "When you come right down to it, if you don't cut the mustard, it don't matter what kind of strings you pull," he said. "It helped her, just like when I started Mad Dog had already been in the business for seven or eight years."

Edited by Symbol

Is that jackass Cole supposed to e a heel?

Yes. They've been testing it out on NXT and they finally brought it over to Raw a few weeks ago. It's hilarious and adds something to Raw that has been missing since the King dropped that gimmick.

Who the hell is this guy? Why isn't this entertaining yet?

I flipped this on when Taker/Hart were gonna get it on (1992?), and so far the last two matches were:

• Potentially good matches
  • Interupped by some ass clown before it could get interesting
  • Ended by said ass clown

Has anything interesting happened in the first hour?

Edited by SonOfWashington