Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

I watched some of the segment again and see what you're saying. He had quite a few subtle heelish tendencies that I didn't quite catch the first time.

I still think his booking has been atrocious, though. Getting him involved with AJ will help the (hopefully eventual) turn, though.

Oh, his booking until the last, say, two weeks, has been freakin brutal. Agreed.

But the payoff may be worth it.

I am not ashamed to admit I like Reigns. But from the Rumble until now he's bored me completely. The last few weeks he's been much more interesting.

I'd even look for the E to keep giving him some face traits with Styles...

With the idea (and this is pure hope) that they play it up and then he just savagely destroys AJ in an angle right before their PPV match.

Tease AJ going over only to have Reigns pull it out, and then a big time beat down. Cesaro makes the save. Cesaro vs. Reigns next program. Ultimately setting up Rollins/Ambroae/Reigns at SummerSlam.

Edited by KDawg

Blackjack Mulligan has passed.

He's the grandfather of Bray Wyatt and Bo Dallas. When you talk about real life tough guys, Blackjack ranks right up there with the toughest of them. My first favorite wrestler.

RIP

I remember Ball Mahoney.

Could you imagine if NFL players were dropping dead in their 30's and 40's left and right? Congress really should be asking questions on why have so many wrestlers die so young.

RIP

I remember Ball Mahoney.

Could you imagine if NFL players were dropping dead in their 30's and 40's left and right? Congress really should be asking questions on why have so many wrestlers die so young.

RIP

I think it's because of the way wrestling is viewed as a glorified sideshow... Coupled with the fact that known drug use was rampant. Although I'd say CTE seems to play a role.

I remember Ball Mahoney.

RIP

I'm honestly surprised anyone from that ECW locker room is alive today. Shane Douglas, Raven, The Sandman, and Sabu were all big-time junkies too who are still kicking around.

They were passing around Somas and Oxy in that locker room like Skittles.

The further we get away from it, ECW is both the thing that revived wrestling in the 90s, and the thing that ultimately destroyed wrestling.

I don't see Nakamura being involved with the NXT title like many people do.

That dude has legitimate star power. He doesn't even need to do promos or appear for his matches to have a big match feel. His match with Dillinger felt huge.

If I'm WWE, I'm getting him up after the Japanese tour (where he's the headliner for WWE) and giving him the WWE Intercontinental Title. He made the IWGP IC title mean something. He can do it again.

WWE also just suspended two Ascension guys (Adam Rose and Konnor) for 60 days for violating the wellness policy.

Who's left to wrestle? Rene Goulet and Dusty Wolfe? The Brooklyn Brawler?

Rose isn't Ascension. Rose is #SocialOutcasts. Konnor is Ascension. His partner is Viktor. 

Though, they're so horrendous on the main roster and so poorly booked I can see why the mistake was made.

How about that Global Cruiserweight Series though?

It's rumored that Prince Puma/Ricochet will be in it. Exciting stuff.

Also, apparently I get El Rey now? Anyways, watched the trios match with Cage, Mundo, Taya vs. Mysterio, Azteca and Puma. Mysterio worked like a champ... Cage's strength was impressive as hell... Have to wonder if he's on the E's radar. They love their monsters. Though I do wonder if he could ass the wellness test. Azteca and Puma rule.

Apparently Viktor is a good wrestler...trained in the Hart Dungeon. He should join the Social Outcasts :lol:

I wish they'd push Sandow! He had a great match with Ryback on Main Event/Superstars.

Once they gave him MITB and then he had that nice match against Cena where he lost the cash-in and they didn't see fit to do anything with that, I figured he'd really never get a meaningful push. Any push he gets from here on out is just to be on TV. Edited by justice98

They gave Sandow a chance after he did all that goofy **** for a few months. It was painful to watch.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QKcB6pCOxpI

So the next week he was back to doing goofy **** where he would pretend to be macho man and Axel was Hulk Hogan. They could've maybe squeezed another couple weeks of jobbing with that gimmick but the real hulk hogan decided to say the N word a bunch of times after railing out Mrs Love Sponge and they just scrapped it.