Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Kind of amusing they now have a champ and #1 contender that they're afraid to put on the mic. The promo exchanges should be interesting.

The only thing I'm afraid of are the losses Styles is racking up. He's been pinned clean more than Owens probably has in a year.

All the NXT debuts are cool, but something's gonna have to give on the roster. Barrett leaving is one slot, but Enzo and Cass, Crews, Corbin, Samoa Joe, the Vaudevillains. That's a lot of new blood, so some old blood is gonna have to get kicked to the curb. There's not a roster limit, per se, but there's already a ton of guys that can barely get on TV as it is. And now the injured guys are coming back too.

Hopefully Ryder gets the belt back soon. Think it was dumb to have him lose it one night later to Miz. I know they wanted to bring Maryse back into the show (or at least it was reported earlier in the day). They can do that with her/Miz being together there. But Ryder is way over with the crowd. To bury him now would be stupid.

• Like 2

All the NXT debuts are cool, but something's gonna have to give on the roster. Barrett leaving is one slot, but Enzo and Cass, Crews, Corbin, Samoa Joe, the Vaudevillains. That's a lot of new blood, so some old blood is gonna have to get kicked to the curb. There's not a roster limit, per se, but there's already a ton of guys that can barely get on TV as it is. And now the injured guys are coming back too.

Brand. Split.

The writing is on the wall.

I was wrong about the Shane angle.  I guess with a lot of the top talent out with injuries they pulled Shane back in, had him jump off the cage so there would be that WTF moment at Wrestlemania to give the fans a show.

Unless the lockbox comes back into play, which could be the reason they introduced it but quit talking about it for weeks, then it was just a desperate attempt to plug the holes with Orton, Cena out.   Hell, they had Stephanie dressed up out there sitting on a throne doing a HHH intro/promo.

I enjoyed it overall though.  I thought the Big Show getting jobbed out of the battle royal that fast stunk.  Loved Zach winning the belt, losing it the next day though was lame.  They had a chance to let him be a little popular with holding the belt until at least the next ppv.

Styles? Isn't he like 2 and 2 in the month that he's been in the company? That's all it take to become #1 contender nowadays.

I spit on this.

They had a match last night on Raw and the winner was the #1 contender.  Or at least got a match for the title, I forget what he reward exactly was.

Unless the lockbox comes back into play, which could be the reason they introduced it but quit talking about it for weeks, then it was just a desperate attempt to plug the holes with Orton, Cena out.   Hell, they had Stephanie dressed up out there sitting on a throne doing a HHH intro/promo.

I will say, they did at least mention the lockbox again, so perhaps it's not totally dead.

They had a match last night on Raw and the winner was the #1 contender.  Or at least got a match for the title, I forget what he reward exactly was.

I will say, they did at least mention the lockbox again, so perhaps it's not totally dead.

I haven't watched Raw yet, but that's good to know.  Bringing in Shane for a few weeks to have a match for control of Raw to lose after jumping 20+ feet off of a cage, through a table, then to just fade away would be stupid.

I haven't watched Raw yet, but that's good to know. Bringing in Shane for a few weeks to have a match for control of Raw to lose after jumping 20+ feet off of a cage, through a table, then to just fade away would be stupid.

I suspect Shane saw the family business was in a tight spot with people dropping like flies and no draws and he was doing them a solid, while also scratching a personal itch. They just really needed to get through Mania. Then they could kick off brand new storylines and people would move on.

Styles. Great match.

And if people think Reigns isn't heel or at least a tweener leaning toward heel, I don't know what you're watching.

Reigns had the perfect opportunity to use that hot crowd in his favor to come off as a heel. Totally botched it. "Come on y'all, I'm not a bad guy!" with that smirk on his face was cringeworthy. He just doesn't have the mic skills.

Reigns is definitely not being booked as a heel whatsoever. He is being booked as the company's top babyface. But, it's not believable. Not to mention the commentators reminding us last night at every opportunity "This crowd is crazy! They're booing people they'd normally cheer and cheering people they'd normally boo!". Gimme a break, Maggle.

Edited by RVAbrendan

Totally disagree with you. He also said, "I'm not a good guy, either. I'm THE guy."

He laughed as Zayn came out to put himself in the title picture and then waved him off.

His attitude is evident.

He doesn't have to run down the crowd or tell the world he's a heel to be a heel (which, I'd argue he's not. He's a tweener with heelish tendencies).

To each their own, though.

• Like 2

Totally disagree with you. He also said, "I'm not a good guy, either. I'm THE guy."

He laughed as Zayn came out to put himself in the title picture and then waved him off.

His attitude is evident.

He doesn't have to run down the crowd or tell the world he's a heel to be a heel (which, I'd argue he's not. He's a tweener with heelish tendencies).

Agree wholeheartedly. That was the best they have booked him in a long while. They knew full well the chorus of boos that were awaiting him on RAW. Well played. They are clearly turning him either straight up heel or tweener. About time.

His attitude is evident.

I watched some of the segment again and see what you're saying. He had quite a few subtle heelish tendencies that I didn't quite catch the first time.

I still think his booking has been atrocious, though. Getting him involved with AJ will help the (hopefully eventual) turn, though.