Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Yep, he basically threatened Sinister cause Sin said he didn't like him.  Then he went at Matt when he kindly posted that he should edit his post to avoid a ban.  Actin like a fool, talking smack and threatening someone over wrestling........LMFAO!  

You couldn't make this **** up if you tried.

And Darrelgreenie was temp banned in one of the Stadium threads.  He's running his teams in the draft thread through emails with GHH.  What the hell is wrong with everyone lately?  Everyone is on edge for some reason. 

Never liked Kurt Angle because his mic work was so crappy in the beginning.

Yet, Angle was indeed believable.

Whatchu talkin' 'bout Willis ?

I'm in a great mood.

In the stadium.  I'm in a great mood too, been off the past 5 days.  Short work week (Thursday and Friday), then off again on the weekend.  

Angle was funny, but really good in the ring.  Was always a fan of Edge.  He was sneaky, evil, sadistic and manipulative, but a really good in ring performer (imo).  He sold it better than Rollins has.  

I like Rollins a lot, but I think they should have brought him up winning the IC title, having him feud with others, then allow someone else win MITB.  But with his connection and selling out to the Authority, he gets a match with whomever won MITB and wins the briefcase in true heal fashion (dirty, interference, with help, etc.).  

Then cashing it in like he did at Wrestlemania.  It would have helped his character grow more, imo.  

The WWE/WWF has never really done heel champs well. I don't see Rollins holding the belt all that long. But the idea of Brock chasing this dude for a while is kind of fun.

I really don't completely understand the modern smark mark perspective on wrestling. If you want wrestling to be more like MMA....why don't you just watch MMA? It's not "credible" that Rollins could beat Lesnar in a match. But if you really want credibility, you should demand weight classes in wrestling or something.

Ric Flair was known for legendary matchs. Ric Flair could at least compete and would defend his title.Ric Flair didn't say I can't compete tonight because scared of an opponent and then when the opponent was suspended say ok now I can compete.. Ric Flair had the horsemen beat up imtimidate etc his opponents. Ric Flair was the dirtest player in the game plus the 60 minute man. he was the nature Boy Styling and profiling.  It would have been heel behavior to get disqualified during the match to keep the Title. 

Okay first, off, just to make sure, you know this is fake, right?

Now then...I loved Ric Flair, and yes, his matches were legendary, but let's be real here.  Ric Flair's matches were legendary because he was one of the best talkers ever, he did things to get the crowd fired up/involved, and yes, he could wrestle decently.  But come on, especially back when he was the NWA champ, here's the standard Flair opening, and anyone who watched these will know what I'm talking about:

1. Flair walks/struts around the ring, eyeballing his opponent.  Goes to lock up, pulls back, gives a woooooo, runs his hand through his hair, walks around some more.

2. Almost always loses initial offensive, whether it's a test of strength, hitting the ropes and getting shoulder blocked to the ground, or taking a punch to the face.  Either way, it almost always leads to...

3. Flair roles out under the ring ropes.  Takes a walk.  Looks angrily at his opponent who just got the better of him.  Walks around the ring.  Yells at the crowd.  Yells at the referee.  Might try to get back in but then jump back down if opponent comes near him, takes another walk.

4. Locks up again.  Losing again.  Thumb to the eye (classic Flair maneuver).  Another woooooo.  Pushes opponent to corner.  Time for some chops to the chest.  More woooooing.

5a. One of two things happens.  Opponent gets angry, reverses Flair, chops him several times.  Flair runs away, does "Flair flop", rolls outside.  Pretends like he's going to leave, gets "infuriated" that he will be counted out and lose the match, even though it's known titles don't change hands on a count out.  Grudgingly returns to the ring.  Or.....

5b. Follows up chest chops by taking control, thus entering the headlock, arm drag/shoulder lock portion of the match.

6. Equivalent to 5b, but occurs after 5.a when Flair has returned to the ring.

You do realize that by this point, something like 10 minutes or more of the match has already elapsed, and there's been all of two offensive flurries?  This was basically EVERY FLAIR MATCH!!  And people ate that **** up.  Hell, I ate it up.  People who watched these matches are nodding right now, because this script is so well known.

7. Flair spends time wearing his opponent down, softening him up for the Figure 4.  In between holds, a few leg stomps, maybe a body slam or a back bodydrop.  This takes another ten minutes.

8. Opponent starts to make comeback.  Crowd is rumbling.  Opponent does far more powerful moves than Flair.  High back body drop.  Ass-Breaker, or whatever that was called, the atomic drop?  Maybe a suplex.  Hell, his opponent might even try a move off the top rope.  Regardless, Flair wasn't losing.

9.  Did he win clean with the Figure 4?  Did he have the brass knuckles in his tights?  Did the time bell ring when the ref had counted two with Flair's shoulders down?  Was there a double count out or a disqualification of some sort?  Was his foot on the ropes and time ran out?  Some variation of this was how every Flair match ended.

His 60 minute man thing was fun, though it wasn't as if every match went that long.  What I laid out here was basically his usual 20-25 minute match.  Longer ones would repeat steps 6-8 until the necessary time had elapsed.  Flair was a great entertainer, but he was ****ing infuriating as a heel.

Seth Rollins is fine.  He's packaged to be a heel, incorporating being a chicken ****.  Guess what, it works, and the fans love booing him.

Edited by Forehead

I think that became Flair's formula as Crockett transitioned into WCW. That was basically every Sting/Flair match.

Flair in his prime actually had maybe four formulas.

1. Flair versus a Power Wrestler. (He got unbelievably good matches out of Luger).

2. Flair versus plucky babyface. This basically became the formula you mentioned. The difference is Flair versus the power guy leads to a lot of spots of Flair in pain on the floor while the plucky babyface formula leads to a lot of spots of Flair in frustration on the floor.

3. Flair versus Dusty. This was almost always a Dusty match instead of a Flair match if that made sense. A whole lot more stooging in this match.

4. Flair versus Steamboat.

(There is also the rarely seen Flair as plucky babyface match which is actually incredibly entertaining even if he doesn't seem completely comfortable in the role. The Terry Funk and Vader matches plus some of the early stuff with Harley Race fits in this category).

Okay first, off, just to make sure, you know this is fake, right?

Now then...I loved Ric Flair, and yes, his matches were legendary, but let's be real here.  Ric Flair's matches were legendary because he was one of the best talkers ever, he did things to get the crowd fired up/involved, and yes, he could wrestle decently.  But come on, especially back when he was the NWA champ, here's the standard Flair opening, and anyone who watched these will know what I'm talking about:

1. Flair walks/struts around the ring, eyeballing his opponent.  Goes to lock up, pulls back, gives a woooooo, runs his hand through his hair, walks around some more.

2. Almost always loses initial offensive, whether it's a test of strength, hitting the ropes and getting shoulder blocked to the ground, or taking a punch to the face.  Either way, it almost always leads to...

3. Flair roles out under the ring ropes.  Takes a walk.  Looks angrily at his opponent who just got the better of him.  Walks around the ring.  Yells at the crowd.  Yells at the referee.  Might try to get back in but then jump back down if opponent comes near him, takes another walk.

4. Locks up again.  Losing again.  Thumb to the eye (classic Flair maneuver).  Another woooooo.  Pushes opponent to corner.  Time for some chops to the chest.  More woooooing.

5a. One of two things happens.  Opponent gets angry, reverses Flair, chops him several times.  Flair runs away, does "Flair flop", rolls outside.  Pretends like he's going to leave, gets "infuriated" that he will be counted out and lose the match, even though it's known titles don't change hands on a count out.  Grudgingly returns to the ring.  Or.....

5b. Follows up chest chops by taking control, thus entering the headlock, arm drag/shoulder lock portion of the match.

6. Equivalent to 5b, but occurs after 5.a when Flair has returned to the ring.

You do realize that by this point, something like 10 minutes or more of the match has already elapsed, and there's been all of two offensive flurries?  This was basically EVERY FLAIR MATCH!!  And people ate that **** up.  Hell, I ate it up.  People who watched these matches are nodding right now, because this script is so well known.

7. Flair spends time wearing his opponent down, softening him up for the Figure 4.  In between holds, a few leg stomps, maybe a body slam or a back bodydrop.  This takes another ten minutes.

8. Opponent starts to make comeback.  Crowd is rumbling.  Opponent does far more powerful moves than Flair.  High back body drop.  Ass-Breaker, or whatever that was called, the atomic drop?  Maybe a suplex.  Hell, his opponent might even try a move off the top rope.  Regardless, Flair wasn't losing.

9.  Did he win clean with the Figure 4?  Did he have the brass knuckles in his tights?  Did the time bell ring when the ref had counted two with Flair's shoulders down?  Was there a double count out or a disqualification of some sort?  Was his foot on the ropes and time ran out?  Some variation of this was how every Flair match ended.

His 60 minute man thing was fun, though it wasn't as if every match went that long.  What I laid out here was basically his usual 20-25 minute match.  Longer ones would repeat steps 6-8 until the necessary time had elapsed.  Flair was a great entertainer, but he was ****ing infuriating as a heel.

Seth Rollins is fine.  He's packaged to be a heel, incorporating being a chicken ****.  Guess what, it works, and the fans love booing him.

Yes the move was the Atomic drop. I agree about the script you cited about his script.I watched alot of Ric Flairs matches live at Legion Stadium in Wilmington ,NC. I loved the NWA Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling with Jim Crocket Promotions. One time everyone got their money back that wanted it was because Ric Flairs plane was stuck at the airport and he could not defend the nwa heavyweight championship as promised. the fans either did the Four Horsemen sign or they did the upside down four horseman sign against him. The key thing about the flair matches was that at least it was a match and fans got their moneys worth. seth Rollins did not even compete at all. Ric Flair looked like a Champion. Edge and Orton looked like Champions. Rollins does not look like a Champion.

Edited by Gallen5862
  • Like 1

The key thing about the flair matches was that at least it was a match and fans got their moneys worth. seth Rollins did not even compete at all. Ric Flair looked like a Champion. Edge and Orton looked like Champions. Rollins does not look like a Champion.

You realize that there was no rematch between Lesnar and Rollins because of Lesnar's contract right?  The new one he just signed was similar to the previous ones where he only will appear on a limited basis.  Thus the "suspension".  

I don't know for sure, but my guess is he doesn't have to wrestle in a sanctioned match on Raw or Smackdown, considering he didn't have to under his previous contracts.  

Rollins is like Edge Lite.  Like him or not, that's his gimmick, a do what it takes and fight on his own terms heal, even if that means he will avoid a fight or screw someone over.   Difference in him and Edge is that Edge was over and more seasoned, payed his dues.  Rollins is still green (imo) and because of his character, he sold out so the Authority could defeat the almighty Shield.  

Again, I'd have liked to see them bring him up differently after the turn on Ambrose and Reigns.  But I say give it some more time and lets see what angle/story they work in with Lesnar "suspended" and the return of Orton and another screw job on Reigns when he cashed in MITB.

Yes the move was the Atomic drop. I agree about the script you cited about his script.I watched alot of Ric Flairs matches live at Legion Stadium in Wilmington ,NC. I loved the NWA Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling with Jim Crocket Promotions. One time everyone got their money back that wanted it was because Ric Flairs plane was stuck at the airport and he could not defend the nwa heavyweight championship as promised. the fans either did the Four Horsemen sign or they did the upside down four horseman sign against him. The key thing about the flair matches was that at least it was a match and fans got their moneys worth. seth Rollins did not even compete at all. Ric Flair looked like a Champion. Edge and Orton looked like Champions. Rollins does not look like a Champion.

Exactly. Just imagine if Flair and Rhodes were about to go at it in 1985-1988 down in the Carolina's and Flair pulled what Rollins did. There would have been a riot and I'm dead serious.

That is true. The fans in the Carolinas took their wrestleing seriously. The Wrestlers parked their cars in the grass at Legion Stadium. The Fans got to walk by their cars on the way into the stadium. The Wrestlers would car pool in. The Baby faces and Heels locker rooms were only a few feet away from each other. They would fight outside on the football field, They would use the goal posts as weapons. The Ring was in the middle of the field.

How the hell did Edge look more like a champion than Seth?

Edge won his first title at New Years Revolution 06 by cashing in his MITB after a bloodied Cena had just won a friggin Elimination Chamber match lol. By the way, Edge wasn't even in the main event picture at all at that time. He was in mid card feuds with Flair and Matt Hardy.

They are the same guy lol. Give Rollins a chance to pull off the same greatness that Edge did

Rollins has more than paid his dudes. He's put on amazing matches with some of the best in the world in both WWE and indies. Now, he's set up to be the top sleaze ball heel of the next decade

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

Gotta be honest... The new Sheamus is LIGHTYEARS ahead of the old face Sheamus. From his epic entrance to the actual Celtic Warrior look. Plus, he's badass as a heel. I'm liking the new direction.

Rollins will be fine, for the record. And I'm on board with him, Bryan and Cena holding the titles. Having said that, though, they could have elevated the midcard titles by having Seth Rollins and someone else hold them and let Bryan or Brock carry the WWE.

Still, they made a good play from the position they put themselves.

Oh, and I meant to post this earlier... But I'll post it now...

Luke Harper is criminally underrated. And not just because he's from my hometown, but because he's freakin' awesome in the ring. He's got tremendous ring psychology and he's got an awesome look. I really, honestly, think he could be WWE Champion. He never will be. But he could be.

Ridiculously underrated.

• Like 3

Gotta be honest... The new Sheamus is LIGHTYEARS ahead of the old face Sheamus. From his epic entrance to the actual Celtic Warrior look. Plus, he's badass as a heel. I'm liking the new direction.

Rollins will be fine, for the record. And I'm on board with him, Bryan and Cena holding the titles. Having said that, though, they could have elevated the midcard titles by having Seth Rollins and someone else hold them and let Bryan or Brock carry the WWE.

Still, they made a good play from the position they put themselves.

They should have NEVER turned him face. He was great during his initial heel run. I really thought he had real badass heel potentially in the same vein as Lesnar.

But you know, they WWE'd him up