Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About FedExField

Mark The Homer

I've bought a few sets of tickets off NFL ticket exchange and had absolutely no problem. It seems to run on stubhub's engine. I printed out my own tickets and had no trouble.

There was a nfl ticket-exchange flier in the offers envelope that came with the ST's this year. I wonder if StubHub is still the Skins preferred partner?

You don't want to sit there. That's my section, and I'm bringing my attack dinosaur with me. Try another one.

I'll be incognito wearing a Redskins jersey ;)

Don't understand why Redskins fans would be bitter towards us Vikings fans. You guys knocked us out of playoff contention back in 2007 with TODD COLLINS at QB. And then you have the 1987 NFC championship...

I've bought a few sets of tickets off NFL ticket exchange and had absolutely no problem. It seems to run on stubhub's engine. I printed out my own tickets and had no trouble.

I don't think so. Ticketmaster (which runs the NFL Ticket Exchange for the NFL) and StubHub are arch rivals in the ticket business. Ticketmaster is the king of the ticket buying/selling software.....and I'm not implying or saying they are the best.....just the biggest.

By the way, ebay owns stubhub

OK Mark, after wasting five minutes trying to figure out how to do a "tag search" can you tell me how to do it; or better what's wrong with buying off the NFL ticket exchange instead of stub hub?

:ols:

Don't you know by now that you can find the answers to all your questions by simply clicking on my sig?

To tag search the regular way, click on Advanced Search which is a link at the upper right part of this page just under the normal search box. Once you click on that, you'll be taken to the Advanced Search page and you'll see a "Tag:" option. Type in that box to do a tag search.

I didn't mean to infer Ticket Exchange is better or worse than StubHub. I'm just saying I wouldn't recommend it.

If you want to have some fun, find a Ticket Exhange listing for any Redskins game and ask me to find a better deal. :)

Don't you know by now that you can find the answers to all your questions by simply clicking on my sig?

To tag search the regular way, click on Advanced Search which is a link at the upper right part of this page just under the normal search box. Once you click on that, you'll be taken to the Advanced Search page and you'll see a "Tag:" option. Type in that box to do a tag search.

I didn't mean to infer Ticket Exchange is better or worse than StubHub. I'm just saying I wouldn't recommend it.

If you want to have some fun, find a Ticket Exhange listing for any Redskins game and ask me to find a better deal. :)

One of the drawbacks to NFL Ticket Exchange is it does not allow sellers to list tickets below face value. Thankfully, my Steelers tickets sold for face (I would have listed them for less if it was an option).

What are the best seats in the stadium? And approximate cost?

I've gotten 50 yard line row 1 visitor side for $99. Best seats I have ever sat in. I've sat in every corner of every level in the stadium. Suites are amazing and fun. Decent views of the field since you're a bit higher than club, obviously need a hookup for them and have to blend with the rest in the suite. Loge seats only if it's going to be butt cold and raining. Lower Level for excitement, Club for amenities and best field view. Upper Level for the type of fan that posts on a team message board, can have spectacular play development views.

My favorite are lower level, about 10 rows up between the 30s.

Yes, I know about clicking on your sig. But you said to do a tag search. I looked under advanced search....see, I'm not completely stupid....but did not see anything about "tag"; I tried the keyword search but that did not help. That just took me back to this thread and your post! I'll look again.

Yeah, I had not looked into the Ticket Exchange much. I hear you cannot post below face. I guess that's good for the seller but not the buyer. I guess TicketMaster is not very serious about competing with StubHub or ebay if they are not going to allow below face sales. Sounds like it may be safer, however. I've noticed a lot more posts on the internet of stories of people being screwed by StubHub sellers who sell counterfeit tickets; some who traveled a long way and spent big money and got stiffed at the gate. Getting your money back does work so well if you spend hundreds/thousands to travel to FedEx Field. I've never had a problem with StubHub tickets; selling or buying.

Now about that Otto Graham quote in your sig......Graham forgot to mention that he had a crappy running attack, a crappy defense, and a crappy special teams....Oh, and a crappy coach....but yeah.....Sonny to Mitchell, Taylor and Smith was a powerful passing attack.

I'll be incognito wearing a Redskins jersey ;)

Don't understand why Redskins fans would be bitter towards us Vikings fans. You guys knocked us out of playoff contention back in 2007 with TODD COLLINS at QB. And then you have the 1987 NFC championship...

I don't like fans of other teams in my stadium, that's all. ; )

Yes, I know about clicking on your sig. But you said to do a tag search. I looked under advanced search....see, I'm not completely stupid....but did not see anything about "tag"; I tried the keyword search but that did not help. That just took me back to this thread and your post! I'll look again.

Yeah, I had not looked into the Ticket Exchange much. I hear you cannot post below face. I guess that's good for the seller but not the buyer. I guess TicketMaster is not very serious about competing with StubHub or ebay if they are not going to allow below face sales. Sounds like it may be safer, however. I've noticed a lot more posts on the internet of stories of people being screwed by StubHub sellers who sell counterfeit tickets; some who traveled a long way and spent big money and got stiffed at the gate. Getting your money back does work so well if you spend hundreds/thousands to travel to FedEx Field. I've never had a problem with StubHub tickets; selling or buying.

Now about that Otto Graham quote in your sig......Graham forgot to mention that he had a crappy running attack, a crappy defense, and a crappy special teams....Oh, and a crappy coach....but yeah.....Sonny to Mitchell, Taylor and Smith was a powerful passing attack.

Tag search is found by a click on my sig too. ;)

I know you're a smart and knowledgeable guy. You give great advice all the time on here - and save me a lot of typing! I just throw in my two cents once in a while. No worries.

The vast majority of listings on the ticket exchange are network listings which means they can be found anywhere.

Example: Redskins v Giants, sec 402 row 10, six seats together:

http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com/NFL/InventoryBrowse/Washington-Redskins-Tickets-at-FedEx-Field-in-Landover?PID=1118932

Ticket exchange wants $131 each. Plus fees plus shipping. (not sure what the fees are since I've never bought from them)

Redskins v Giants, sec 402 row 10, six seats together:

http://www.stubhub.com/washington-redskins-tickets/redskins-vs-giants-fedexfield-1068489/

Stubhub wants $120 each. Plus fees plus shipping.

So what's the best deal? You're going to have to find out what the fees are and what the shipping is and compare. But the fact of the matter is, both these sites are middleman sites for the most part. So obviously they're going to make some money off your purchase. It's best to skip the middle man and buy from the source:

Redskins v Giants, sec 402 row 10, six seats together:

http://tickets.mainstreettickets.com/LiveTicketDetail.asp?EventID=1076822

And if you want, you can save money on the shipping and service fees by simply driving out there and pick them up personally . They are, after all, just sitting there in the office.

Tag search is found by a click on my sig too. ;)

I know you're a smart and knowledgeable guy. You give great advice all the time on here - and save me a lot of typing! I just throw in my two cents once in a while. No worries.

The vast majority of listings on the ticket exchange are network listings which means they can be found anywhere.

Example: Redskins v Giants, sec 402 row 10, six seats together:

http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com/NFL/InventoryBrowse/Washington-Redskins-Tickets-at-FedEx-Field-in-Landover?PID=1118932

Ticket exchange wants $131 each. Plus fees plus shipping. (not sure what the fees are since I've never bought from them)

http://www.stubhub.com/washington-redskins-tickets/redskins-vs-giants-fedexfield-1068489/

Stubhub wants $120 each. Plus fees plus shipping.

So what's the best deal? You're going to have to find out what the fees are and what the shipping is and compare. But the fact of the matter is, both these sites are middleman sites for the most part. So obviously they're going to make some money off your purchase. It's best to skip the middle man and buy from the source:

http://tickets.mainstreettickets.com/LiveTicketDetail.asp?EventID=1076822

And if you want, you can save money on the shipping and service fees by simply driving out there and pick them up personally . They are, after all, just sitting there in the office.

I took no offense to any of your replies....messaging sucks sometimes...I should have used a smilie :D

The advantage for some for stubhub and ticket exchange is the guarantee of a valid ticket when you cannot meet face to face with the seller. Although I read more and more messages of people being scammed by counterfeit tickets. I'll take a look at mainstreettickets.com, but I'm not driving all the way from Harrisburg, PA to the DMV to pickup tickets. Besides I buy directly from the horses ass....I mean mouth.....Danny Boy. I know...I get snookered/scammed by him, too. At least I know the tickets are for real :D

As always, it pays to shop around and check out different sites and sources for tickets. It is so much easier now than it was in the pre-2000 when you had to buy physically from a scalper at the game.

You know, a decade ago, I started buying season tickets....I thought to myself....bad team, bad economy and I'll move up and have good seats when the Skins are good again. Ten years later and I got great seats and we still may suck. Seems like fans are always hoping next year will be the year we will be great......I'm too old for this......

I spoke with a PG County Officer while setting up my tailgate in the GREEN B lot along the back fence line. The officer informed me to be careful not to leave anything outside of my truck. Individuals have broken open portions of the fence and are using it to enter the parking lot and make away with anything that is left unattended. The officer told me this has been going on for years. He has reported the problem to FedEx Field officials many times. They tack the boards on the fence back up with only one nail. The officer inquired why so little maintenance was being done and someone from FedEx told him it would cost too much to have to replace the boards. The officer at one point took the time to secure some of the fencing with wood screws. I may have to find another area to tailgate in.

I didn't walk around much. I did observe more ticket takers and more beer guys in the lower level. Some sections had two beer guys working a section. But then I also saw several beer guys sitting down watching the game. Hey, they work on tips primarily. You get what you work for.

Oh....and you guys who don't tip the beer guy when you buy from him.....you suck.

Oh....and you guys who don't tip the beer guy when you buy from him.....you suck.

thats funny, considering we walked out with one of the beer vendors. he said they make plenty, based on commission.

sorry. i'm not tipping on a 9 dollar beer. (i don't buy beer in the stadium anyways, so i guess it doesn't really matter)

that being said... the volume of the speakers was WAY too loud. it was so loud I wished i could get snyder and allen, drag them up to my seats, and say 'you sit here and listen to this **** for 3 hours'.

i'm calling on monday to see what i can do about getting relocated, and to complain about it.

the people a few rows up had to keep their hands over their ears to sit there and watch the game. we couldn't discuss anything in between plays. it was the most obnoxious thing i may have ever experienced. i don't like to complain all that much about the stadium, and generally enjoy going to the games. but that was ****ing ridiculous.

thats funny, considering we walked out with one of the beer vendors. he said they make plenty, based on commission.

sorry. i'm not tipping on a 9 dollar beer. (i don't buy beer in the stadium anyways, so i guess it doesn't really matter)

that being said... the volume of the speakers was WAY too loud. it was so loud I wished i could get snyder and allen, drag them up to my seats, and say 'you sit here and listen to this **** for 3 hours'.

i'm calling on monday to see what i can do about getting relocated, and to complain about it.

the people a few rows up had to keep their hands over their ears to sit there and watch the game. we couldn't discuss anything in between plays. it was the most obnoxious thing i may have ever experienced. i don't like to complain all that much about the stadium, and generally enjoy going to the games. but that was ****ing ridiculous.

The guy delivers you a beer at your seat and you don't tip him? Like I said....people that cheap suck. Yeah, they make a commission but their big money is on tips. Most of that beer money goes to expenses and Danny's profit. The beer guy is also responsible for each beer that is stolen and broken. And yeah, last year I pointed out the thieves twice to my beer guy when they stole beer out of his box while his back was turned serving fans.

I understand not buying because the cost is too high.....although it is about the same as any other stadium in a big city....Snyder is not doing anything that is not being done elsewhere. But if someone is serving you in your seat, you should not be such a cheapskate to not give him a buck for his service.

speakers were TOOOOOO ******* loud

My cousin and I couldn't even keep a convo during commercials

and this will probably be unpopular but I noticed that they cut out most of the rap from last year.

That pissed me off...I mean I like Nirvana but if they had played Otis by Jay Z and Kanye, I woulda went cazy

Can't please everyone. I'd rather have the loud music than any rap....hate rap....but I'm an old fart....

I tipped the lady at the concession stand $2 for pouring my draft beer w/ care. Can't tell u how many times I've had to show the idiot how to properly pour without volcanoing the cup. Especially early in the season when they're often new at it.

Awesome thread. Kudos to the OP and contributors.

Visiting DC in October and looking to get tickets to the game against the Eagles in 401, 427, 428 or 454. Coming over from the UK so once in a lifetime kind of thing. As great as this thread is, it has made me a bit paranoid about restricted views :ols:

From the OP and subsequent posts I gather aisle seats in rows 1-15ish in the 400s are partially restricted viewing due to the railings/glass.

What seat numbers in these sections/rows are safest for a guaranteed clear view? Seats 5 to 15? Or would seats 16/17/18 in these rows definitely be okay too?

Cheers :)

I spoke with a PG County Officer while setting up my tailgate in the GREEN B lot along the back fence line. The officer informed me to be careful not to leave anything outside of my truck. Individuals have broken open portions of the fence and are using it to enter the parking lot and make away with anything that is left unattended. The officer told me this has been going on for years. He has reported the problem to FedEx Field officials many times. They tack the boards on the fence back up with only one nail. The officer inquired why so little maintenance was being done and someone from FedEx told him it would cost too much to have to replace the boards. The officer at one point took the time to secure some of the fencing with wood screws. I may have to find another area to tailgate in.
Hey, I think we were tailgating next to you if your wife is the one that offered us the brownies and you told us about the warning. Yeah, we usually tailgate right along that fence line to get out on Sheriff Road, seems to get us out quicker for the drive home to RIC. Anyway, with our new tent, I think we are moving all the way across the B lot to the other side, looks like they rope off the last lane so you can put your tent up, setup your cornhole boards without having to worry about taking up too much space and having cars tear through arriving late and almost taking you out.

Hi Guys! This thread is awesome. I am in the market for buying a green parking pass for the rest of the season. But here's my problem:

In the past, a green parking pass was a green parking pass. This year they have lot letters and numbers on them. If I buy a green parking pass that has a B3 on it, will they not allow me to park in green E3?

Thanks a bunch!

That's our understanding, yes. Whether they will enforce it and make you turn around an hour before kickoff with 500 cars behind you, we're not sure about.

Trust me....they will. I've witnessed many times when parking attendants stopped five lanes of traffic going in Redskins Road with lots of cars in every lane so they could turn away some numskull with no parking pass or the wrong color pass.

Ooops....I just remembered I was one of the numbskulls in my first year with a blue parking pass going in Morgan Blvd. Yikes!

Archived