Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About FedExField

Mark The Homer

..walking down the ramps at FedEx after a win is a GREAT feeling. You pass people walking the other direction on different ramps and can high five them. Everybody is in a great mood. Occasionally, you can get a chorus of "Hail to the Redskins" going. I had 2 Packer friends with me at the Packers game in 2010 and while we could have taken the escalators down, I purposely decided we should walk down the ramps. :)

Agreed....that is one of the great things about the ramps. Unfortunately, walking down the ramps has normally been quite quiet over the years. Walking down becomes a long trek when you have to listen to so many visiting team fans trash talking you all the way down.

Agreed....that is one of the great things about the ramps. Unfortunately, walking down the ramps has normally been quite quiet over the years. Walking down becomes a long trek when you have to listen to so many visiting team fans trash talking you all the way down.

Indeed that is fun, but as a visiting fan you need to know your limits. We did that in New England, but we kept it as cool as possible. It's all about knowing how to handle yourself in enemy territory. Thankfully, I'm quite experienced.

I have to say that the nicest group of fans I've met so far are the Indianapolis Colts fans I sat around during the 2009 AFC Championship Game. One douchebag, but there's always one, and a bunch of really cool people who we all shook hands with afterwords.

..walking down the ramps at FedEx after a win is a GREAT feeling. You pass people walking the other direction on different ramps and can high five them. Everybody is in a great mood. Occasionally, you can get a chorus of "Hail to the Redskins" going. I had 2 Packer friends with me at the Packers game in 2010 and while we could have taken the escalators down, I purposely decided we should walk down the ramps. :)

I'm pretty sure I obnoxiously gave everyone single person a high five as I was going down the ramps after the Dallas game this year... probably was yelling uncontrollably in their face as well.. but that's another story...

All day, brother! I did the same thing, on purpose. I brought my old boss with me who is a giant Packers fan, and we were surrounded by them in our section, so when we won that game, I was more relieved than anything, but those ramps are great for morale when the team is winning. It was even better after the Cowboys game.

What sections have the stomping zone?(metal floors) I used to sit in 113 and they had it. I was wondering if 112 had it as well.

The whole endzone on that side is a stomping zone, from row 1 up until about row 15ish...I sat in 112 before I got moved to 103....all of those sections are retractable for concerts, when they have them at FedEx

The whole endzone on that side is a stomping zone, from row 1 up until about row 15ish...I sat in 112 before I got moved to 103....all of those sections are retractable for concerts, when they have them at FedEx

So I'm guessing that when the stomping occurs (3rd downs, late in games) that the ground beneath you is shaking? That must be awesome.

So I'm guessing that when the stomping occurs (3rd downs, late in games) that the ground beneath you is shaking? That must be awesome.

Absolutely nothing like old RFK Stadium, though. Just some nice vibrations. But the aluminum floors get very slippery from rain or beer. Personally, I prefer the concrete.

Actually row 1-12, we are in row 12 and that is the last row of the bleacher mounted seats (Stomping Zone)

Ahh okay, I was close. I never turned around all that much except to high five the people behind me LOL I used to be in row 9

And as stated, the aluminum gets very slick when wet! I had seen numerous people just walking down go flying when the aisle was wet, one could seriously get injured if not careful. If it rained the day before, I always had a puddle of water at my feet, hated that...but don't have to worry about it any longer :)

Wow - that's funny because I sat in 454 row 8 seats 15 and 16 for years. So you're right behind where I was, but to the left a few seats, very close to the 50 yard line aisle.

Below is a relative (mirror image) view from 454 row 9 seat 22. So I think seat 21 might have a slight obstruction but it won't be a big deal. In your seats, the obstruction and the aisle is to your left (not to your right).

dcp6588s.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The skins are offering the Obstructed/limited view seats again this year 290 a seat for the whole season. You have to go claim your seat on August 7th....I guess the million dollar question is, is it worth it? I have never had a problem getting tickets and have sat club level, and lower bowl endzone just getting seats off of the internet, so like I said is it worth it?

• 2 weeks later...
How is the view from the lower level end zones? Must be amazing when they are on your side of the field, but what about when they are on the other side? Do you end up just watching the jumbo tron?

when they are coming towards you...AMAZING

Had front row seats in section in 2008 vs Philly

The eagles had a drive starting on their 1yd line and were right in front of us

They game moves sooooooo fast...it's breathtaking...

You can smell the grass and everything

When the ball is moving away, yes you'll be using the big screen and it can get difficult to judge how many yards are gained on run plays

Archived