Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About FedExField

Mark The Homer

What are the best seats in the stadium? And approximate cost?

The club level in my honest opinion..but the main reason I think so is because they remind me of my upper level seats at RFK, had 2nd row there...you get about the same views os the UL seeing the whole field easily...but you arent 500 feet up lol

They go from 250-500 each, but you can find them online for cheaper if you look hard enough

when they are coming towards you...AMAZING

When the ball is moving away, yes you'll be using the big screen and it can get difficult to judge how many yards are gained on run plays

The best way to judge yardage gained or lost when you are in the end zone, or really any part of the stadium is by looking at the Head Linesman directly after the play.

It would be cool if they measured on a sign in the corners like they used to across the street at the Capital Centre.

Yeah, I been to lots of arenas that have them. I remember one arena I visited the decibel meter was hitting a 120 at one point but our team creamed them by 20 pts. Needless to say it didn't say 120. That would be a cool thing to add though.

I've used email print out tix from the Skins. I think they're very safe given the team partners w/ Stubhub, and there's an office on site in case there are any problems w/ your tix.

I'm not so sure those tix are coming from "re-sellers". I believe most of them come directly from the TO.

Has anyone every successfully purchased and used electronic tickets from re-sellers at Stubhub? I didn't think this was possible but you see them for sale.

See here: http://www.stubhub.com/washington-redskins-tickets/redskins-vs-steelers-fedexfield-1069042/

Mark the Homer, what do you make of this?

\

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Stubhub- e tickets.

Why would there be? They guarantee them. I've bought and sold e-tickets there with no issues.

E-tickets on ebay are generally safe too, as long as it's a reputable seller. Craigslist/the street is where it can get dicey. As long as they are willing to provide ID and the original TM receipt I'm happy to buy them.

Unless someone is walking you in the arena, you should steer clear of "2nd hand" e tickets that have been through multiple hands.

Has anyone every successfully purchased and used electronic tickets from re-sellers at Stubhub? I didn't think this was possible but you see them for sale.

See here: http://www.stubhub.com/washington-redskins-tickets/redskins-vs-steelers-fedexfield-1069042/

Mark the Homer, what do you make of this?

Yes, I have, twice. Once for the Redskins Patriots game up at Gillette, and once here at home. Worked fine both times. What do I make of it? If you need tix last minute, it's a nice convenience, but in general, I see it as another headache because it gives the scammers another way to cheat us honest folks. But personally, I haven't had any problems.

---------- Post added August-9th-2011 at 04:30 PM ----------

How many seats in a row? Section 306; Row 16 [Club seats].

That's a tough one. I sat in 306 row 19 for three years, but I was in seats 1 & 2. 306 is front corner and kind of pie shaped. I'm going to guess there are about 36 seats in row 16.

Hey guys!

Vikings die hard fan looking for seat advice at Fedex Field for the opener! Will be in DC visiting and fee like taking in a football game!

I am eyeing Section 408 Row 22 for $79 on Stub Hub. Also looking at a couple OV seats in 227 Row 14 and 230 Row 21. For those OV seats, is lower the row the better? I have done some research and I see there is a huge pillar in those sections.

Hey guys!

Vikings die hard fan looking for seat advice at Fedex Field for the opener! Will be in DC visiting and fee like taking in a football game!

I am eyeing Section 408 Row 22 for $79 on Stub Hub. Also looking at a couple OV seats in 227 Row 14 and 230 Row 21. For those OV seats, is lower the row the better? I have done some research and I see there is a huge pillar in those sections.

The lower row in the OV is probably better. I think that the OV starts in row 15. If there is an obstruction it's probably not much of one. That being said, if it was me, I wouldn't take a chance on the OV unless you talk to someone who has actually sat in the exact seats that you're considering.

Oh....and please cheer for the Skins and don't forget that it's bush-league to wear your teams jersey at another stadium unless they're actually playing.

Hope this helps!

Hey guys!

Save yourself the headache and avoid the OV seats. Seriously. It's one thing if you know the stadium inside and out like a handful of people here do - it's another altogether to just buy them blindly and hop you luck out. You really have no idea how bad those seats can be, even in Row 14. There are NO good OV seats in row 21. You are simply asking for a miserable experience.

The other thing I'd suggest - is WAIT. There's absolutely no reason to spend $100 each (your cost after stubhub fees and shipping) for crappy seats at Fed Ex field. The prices ALWAYS drop the week of the game. You can probably get the same upper deck seats for half that price or better off Ebay around that time. The going rate for 2 tickets of that caliber usually hoovers around $100 at that time.

Nutshell - avoid OV seats like the plague, and wait to buy your tickets. You'll get better/cheaper tickets at that time. For an opening day game against the Cardinals, you have absolutely nothing to lose by waiting. In fact, more likely than not, week of the game you will be able to buy seats for face value directly from the Skins on Ticketmaster, if you still want to pay $100 a ticket.

Save yourself the headache and avoid the OV seats. Seriously. It's one thing if you know the stadium inside and out like a handful of people here do - it's another altogether to just buy them blindly and hop you luck out. You really have no idea how bad those seats can be, even in Row 14. There are NO good OV seats in row 21. You are simply asking for a miserable experience.

The other thing I'd suggest - is WAIT. There's absolutely no reason to spend $100 each (your cost after stubhub fees and shipping) for crappy seats at Fed Ex field. The prices ALWAYS drop the week of the game. You can probably get the same upper deck seats for half that price or better off Ebay around that time. The going rate for 2 tickets of that caliber usually hoovers around $100 at that time.

Nutshell - avoid OV seats like the plague, and wait to buy your tickets. You'll get better/cheaper tickets at that time. For an opening day game against the Cardinals, you have absolutely nothing to lose by waiting. In fact, more likely than not, week of the game you will be able to buy seats for face value directly from the Skins on Ticketmaster, if you still want to pay $100 a ticket.

I guess I should be more clear about when I am going. This will be the regular season opener against the GIANTS. Will tickets still be cheaper and easier closer to the game?

Thank you for your help though. I thought about wearing a McNabb Vikings jersey but I don't think that would go over too well ;)

I was also leaning more towards the upper deck seats because I at least know what I'm getting. Don't want to take a chance on having a pillar blocking half the field.

I guess I should be more clear about when I am going. This will be the regular season opener against the GIANTS. Will tickets still be cheaper and easier closer to the game?

Thank you for your help though. I thought about wearing a McNabb Vikings jersey but I don't think that would go over too well ;)

I was also leaning more towards the upper deck seats because I at least know what I'm getting. Don't want to take a chance on having a pillar blocking half the field.

I agree with Levi about waiting til early in the week before the game. Prices start coming down and Stub Hub has a ticket counter at the stadium. You just need to be sure the tickets can be there for pickup if you do not have them FedExed to you directly.

I disagree with Levi on the obstructed view seats. A lot of those seats are excellent seats in the lower level considering the price point. If you can find anything in rows 13 or 14, they likely have little or no obstruction. I would go no deeper than row 15, however. I suggest you read Mark's summary of the obstructed view seats at the beginning of this thread. Try to find out the seat numbers if you can; it will help you determine whether it is next to a large pillar or not.

The upper level is VERY steep and high. It is above the club level and two levels of suites. I would strongly encourage sitting below row 15. Not only is the view closer, but the walk up won't wear you out.You can read names and number from that level. As you go up, you generally cannot read names on jerseys and even numbers begin to be difficult to make out in the nose bleed sections. Trust me, I used to sit there.

Check out the NFL Ticket Exchange site also. The Skins are now associating themselves with the NFL Ticket Exchange run by TicketMaster. Most of the tickets are available as e-tickets. May have better deals because it is not as well known as stub hub this season.

And don't forget about parking. Sometimes tickets with a parking pass is the better deal, especially if you plan to tailgate. But cash parking is available outside the FedEx Field grounds off Arena Drive in the Jericho cash lots or off Redskins Road in the old Copper Lot.

The should take out the OV seats and put in a margarita bar or something.

I wish that they took out all of the OV seats to make other seats more marketable. There is a zero % chance that you are going to pay $79 for a ticket to a single game in the 400's when you can buy something in the 200 level for $29.

I disagree with Levi on the obstructed view seats. A lot of those seats are excellent seats in the lower level considering the price point. If you can find anything in rows 13 or 14, they likely have little or no obstruction. I would go no deeper than row 15, however. I suggest you read Mark's summary of the obstructed view seats at the beginning of this thread. Try to find out the seat numbers if you can; it will help you determine whether it is next to a large pillar or not..

Well, I see your point, but my point is that someone from Minnesota, coming to what might be their only ever game at Fed Ex, has no business chasing the dragon of "good" OV seats. You really do have to be an expert on this stuff - and more likely than not, a stubhub or ebay listing will NOT list the seat #s. It's just too risky. The only way I'd buy OV seats is from someone here who I could trust. An ebay auction - even with pics - just doesn't cut it. Some of these OV seats look fine at a glance before you realize that there will be people sitting - or standing - in the seats in front of you for most of the game.

Like I said, and then you said :-), the move is simply to wait. A guy who bought OV or upper deck tickets to the Giants game this week for full price or higher will KICK himself in a month when the market has opened way up on these tickets. His options will become much more diverse - better seats for less money and way more to choose from.

---------- Post added August-10th-2011 at 02:33 PM ----------

Yes - they certainly will. Tickets for Giants games are always the cheapest of the division games. And opening day simply doesn't mean that much around here - I've been to 3 opening days over the last 4 or 5 years and the market is always soft the week leading up to it. Be patient and get good tickets for a good price.

On stubhub or ebay, look for a pair that comes with a green, orange, purple, or plat parking pass. Going rate is about $30-$50 so you can factor that in. It's really key to get a parking pass. A pair of 400 level tickets for $125 with a green parking pass is a better deal than the same pair of seats without the pass for $100.

I hate to contradict, but I wouldn't buy on the NFL ticket exchange.

Tag search: redskins tickets

for more info

OK Mark, after wasting five minutes trying to figure out how to do a "tag search" can you tell me how to do it; or better what's wrong with buying off the NFL ticket exchange instead of stub hub?

Hey guys!

You don't want to sit there. That's my section, and I'm bringing my attack dinosaur with me. Try another one.

OK Mark, after wasting five minutes trying to figure out how to do a "tag search" can you tell me how to do it; or better what's wrong with buying off the NFL ticket exchange instead of stub hub?

I've bought a few sets of tickets off NFL ticket exchange and had absolutely no problem. It seems to run on stubhub's engine. I printed out my own tickets and had no trouble.

Archived