Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

lol yeah, it's all fun and games until you get on a crowded bus, and the fat guy that just got finished eating his pulled pork sandwich, deviled eggs, and baked beans, decides to stand right next to you and unleash, and you have nowhere to run. That happened to me one time after getting on a bus at Greenbelt Station.

Sounds like my story....

I was at a memorial in DC sitting through the service of officers getting their name on the wall, and this fat guy infront of me just started letting them rip...I was gagging, and I seriously thought I was going to throw up. We were outside too, but its like the wind KEPT the farts in my face. :mad:

We got to a point where they wanted everyone to light a candle, so I commented really loudly that 'I dont know if its safe to light something on fire around here, theres been a ****load of sulfur released into the atmosphere'

I cna only imagine how bad New Orleans is. It's just a swamp.

The coldest I've ever been in my life was at Ft. Polk in Louisiana. It was late July, and at or above 100 degrees everyday.

But at night, it would dip into the mid 50s. Now, 50-something degrees isn't cold at all, but with a temperature swing that huge, it was unbearable. I stood in the guard tower at night in BDUs, poly-pro long johns and my field jacket, and shivered like I was in Siberia.

The coldest I've ever been in my life was at Ft. Polk in Louisiana. It was late July, and at or above 100 degrees everyday.

But at night, it would dip into the mid 50s. Now, 50-something degrees isn't cold at all, but with a temperature swing that huge, it was unbearable. I stood in the guard tower at night in BDUs, poly-pro long johns and my field jacket, and shivered like I was in Siberia.

Sounds like Vegas in early November.

South of Miami,as in Homestead,is damn hot and humid during this time of year,(dry season). At least it was when I was there. I can clearly remember some 98 degree days with that in humidity,(at the most). Just far enough inland not to get as much of a breeze many times. Fairly miserable at times. And that's coming from someone who had spent the previous 8 years in Fairfax,where it can get pretty hot and humid,(though perspective can be different of course). One of the hottest times I remember though was in St. George. Softball tournament there and it had rained the night before. It was still drying out when we got bounced out of the tournament about noon. It was 108 degrees an hour later with humidity in the 80 percent range. Bleah. Honorable mention to San Antonio Texas in July,Northern Tennessee,and South Eastern Georgia for hot and humid. Vegas for a very dry,but damn hot environment this time of year. Won't go in to cold. :)

I knew what you meant.

Most people think it is soooo hot in South Florida. It is hot. It is not nearly as humid IMO, and there is typically a breeze.

Yeah, it's much more of a dry heat. Same with Tampa and Orlando. The sun will bake you if you're out too long in it unprotected, for sure, but temperature wise it's not anything too ridiculous. And Tampa and Miami both get breezes off the ocean.

People down here always think I'm crazy when I say D.C. is hotter. Then I tell them to visit D.C. and visit the National Mall one day in July, then come back to me on the topic.

Yeah, it's much more of a dry heat. Same with Tampa and Orlando. The sun will bake you if you're out too long in it unprotected, for sure, but temperature wise it's not anything too ridiculous. And Tampa and Miami both get breezes off the ocean.

People down here always think I'm crazy when I say D.C. is hotter. Then I tell them to visit D.C. and visit the National Mall one day in July, then come back to me on the topic.

I agree. I have a condo in Hollywood, FL and visit South Beach daily when I am down there. Family in Kendall Lakes and Coconut Grove.

It is "sticky" in DC and other places with the humidity. Right now temperature-wise is not bad in Charlotte...but because of the rain and humidity...it is terrible. I would rather be in Miami. I think I might go this weekend, just because.

I've been to Pensacola for a couple weeks. It's much worse up here. A 100 F degree day in downtown D.C. is absurdly humid and horrible. We live on a swamp with no natural ocean breeze.

Colder than where PCS lives too. No trees or mountains. Just cold buildings.

Colder than where PCS lives too. No trees or mountains. Just cold buildings.

Really? Can remember spending time in D.C. during the Winter,and don't remember it being 24 below on occasion,(and that's without windchill and other stuff factored in). Learn something new every day.

Guess that Toronto Bills deal is working out great, eh?

Attendance is below average and most Toronto citizens don't know of the Bills

But let's continue playing games at Rogers Centre

Just a bad idea overall, I would rather look into USA markets than foreign markets. The point is plain and simple that the rest of the world does not care about NFL football, and there is no point trying to expand internationally or shove football down the throats of people who are more focused on soccer and hockey. It simply makes no sense.

I don't know what it is about guys that think it's cool to wear their pants sagging off of their asses, it's so degrading man, seriously. Be more prideful in how you dress for gods sake. The worst part about it was that he was with a chick that didn't seem to mind. All the females I talk to wouldn't be caught dead with someone who dressed like that.

Some guy just ran onto the field in the Colts game

I don't know why the TV cameras always turn away, it's funny to see people running from security guards

BUT WE CAN'T SHOW IT, IT'LL "ENCOURAGE BEHAVIOR"

No it won't

I'd think it actually encourages it when they scale the camera away lol. It gets people wondering.. "I wonder what happens when I run on the field?"

I bet if they show a Kareem Moore or a Ryan Clark (just two examples) laying the wood to the person running on the field, I'd wager to say that less people will attempt it lol.

Archived