Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Am I the only one who gets annoyed by the deliberate misspellings/mockery of other teams' cities and nicknames?

i.e. Philthy Shegals, Dallass (insert one of a thousand here), New York Vagiants, etc.

We get it. We all hate those teams. But stuff like that is stupid, childish and annoying to read, IMNSHO.

I feel the same way. People think they're so originial when they say, "Deadskins, Failskins", etc. Like I've never heard that before. Same with calling the Cowboys the "Cowgirls or pukes". If you're gonna call a team a different name, at least come up with something that hasn't been said a million times before.

Windows 7 is being amazingly uncooperative today

Astounding how poorly this OS runs with 1 gig RAM

Not like I'm running anything system intensive here yet it has so much trouble with Firefox, and I can't use Chrome or Opera because I need to effectively block ads on [insert other forum]

Damn Tony Kornheiser's dog passed away RIP

Not like I'm running anything system intensive here yet it has so much trouble with Firefox, and I can't use Chrome or Opera because I need to effectively block ads on [insert other forum]

Why would you try to run any OS with a gig of RAM? Most computers now come with at least 4GB of RAM.

I have never had one problem with Windows 7 whether it be Home Premium with 1 GB of RAM on our desktop or Professional 64 bit on y laptop with 4 GB of RAM. And both were f-r-e-e-.

Why would you try to run any OS with a gig of RAM? Most computers now come with at least 4GB of RAM.

Because you don't need 3 or 4 gigs to surf the web.

Anyway the issues are resolved for now

Best part about Win 7 is probably tabbing through with Windows key + Tab

Will I ever reach an age where unexpected public flatulence doesn't make me giggle like a 7-year old?

I hope not. No matter where I am, if I hear a fart, I laugh.

I had to go to court a year ago and in the middle of it one of the old lawyers totally let one rip in the middle of his defense lol. Even the judge has a smirk on his face.

I hope not. No matter where I am, if I hear a fart, I laugh.

I had to go to court a year ago and in the middle of it one of the old lawyers totally let one rip in the middle of his defense lol. Even the judge has a smirk on his face.

That's classic. :ols:

It seems to be the only "joke" that, no matter how many times you hear it, remains funny.

That's classic. :ols:

It seems to be the only "joke" that, no matter how many times you hear it, remains funny.

lol yeah, it's all fun and games until you get on a crowded bus, and the fat guy that just got finished eating his pulled pork sandwich, deviled eggs, and baked beans, decides to stand right next to you and unleash, and you have nowhere to run. That happened to me one time after getting on a bus at Greenbelt Station.

I used to do crime scene cleanup, so I have a pretty strong stomach, but never in my life had I come across a live human being whose insides smelled that terrible.

A little north of campus.

Did you go to Hawks Cay Resort last weekend?

Yeah, I've been doing orientation all week.

The resort was really nice. I don't think I'll ever be able to go somewhere like that again until I'm really making enough money in my career to afford it. The bed in my room was also about a million times more comfortable than the mattress in my dorm. That might have been my favorite part of the whole trip actually- sleeping in that thing.

A lot of the women in this program, and around FIU in general, are ridiculous. Cuban, Dominican Republican, Puerto Rican, Colombian...just wow.

Yeah, I've been doing orientation all week.

The resort was really nice. I don't think I'll ever be able to go somewhere like that again until I'm really making enough money in my career to afford it. The bed in my room was also about a million times more comfortable than the mattress in my dorm. That might have been my favorite part of the whole trip actually- sleeping in that thing.

A lot of the women in this program, and around FIU in general, are ridiculous. Cuban, Dominican Republican, Puerto Rican, Colombian...just wow.

Sweet.

My friend is the program. I told her if she sees a guy with Redskins stuff to go say "Hi Spartacus87" :D

The girls down here are certainly wonderful.

Sweet.

My friend is the program. I told her if she sees a guy with Redskins stuff to go say "Hi Spartacus87" :D

The girls down here are certainly wonderful.

Haha, nice.

Who's your friend? I've met about half of the people in the program so far, maybe I've met her- there aren't too many girls from the local area surprisingly (a lot of guys though, especially from UM).

The one thing that's crazy is how international it really is. People from Saudi Arabia, Russia, Poland, Cuba, Costa Rica, Nigeria, etc. It's a really interesting experience so far though.

Obviously you can PM me about your friend rather than spill it here.

I haven't worn any Skins stuff yet, except my training camp shorts during breakfast at Hawk's Cay. The background on my laptop is a small picture of Orakpo lined up next to Haynesworth, and a guy saw that and started asking me about the Redskins. And another kid grew up and went to high school in the DC area before moving down here to do his undergrad at Miami, so he's a bit of a Skins fan. That's the closest I've come to any Skins interaction so far. Everyone else is either a Dolphins fan or doesn't know anything about American football.

Funny moment at brunch the other day was when we were talking about LeBron going to Miami, and right before that we were talking about Jason Campbell going to the Raiders, and this kid who doesn't know anything about American sports (he's American, he just doesn't follow sports) jumped in to the conversation and asked, "So wait...let me get this straight- LeBron James left Cincinnati, to go to the Washington Redskins? And people are mad at him for that?"

:ols:

I just got back from a run and see this:

Feels Like: 105°

Details:

Dangerous heat index. Outdoor exposure should be limited.

Have the same thing here:

Feels Like: 108°

Details:

Dangerous heat index. Outdoor exposure should be limited.

And then other things will say "heat warning." :ols:

Looks like next Wednesday could be our second day under 100 in the last month! :wavetowel

edit: I just looked at Miami's weather for the next 10 days. Damn I wish we could switch. :ols:

Foot gloves are creepy.

I've seen people wear those running. I don't think I could do that.

Another big thing in running is barefoot running. It's supposedly a more natural way to run and thus cuts down stress injuries and helps improve your running motion. I don't think I'll ever willingly go running barefoot.

Miami is hot but at least it's consistent. Try coming up here. We hit 102 F this summer multiple days (more than Miami's all time record high) and that is after the snowiest winter in history.

Well I lived in Falls Church the first 18 years of my life and lifeguarded for my last two summers there, so I know.

Miami and South Florida in general is hot but it's unbearable most of the time. I thought Tallahassee was worse, it just got so freaking humid up there in the summer.

I've been to Atlanta in the summer and I thought I was going to melt.

I think New Orleans was the absolute worst though. I walked around for about a minute outside and I looked like I just jumped into a swimming pool.

Archived