Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

So ticked off right now.  I had cataract surgery on my right eye last Wednesday.  It's great to be able to see clearly again, but I can't wear any contacts in that eye for 4 weeks.  With the surgery, my right eye is near sighted again but my current glasses prescription is useless for the right eye, making wearing those literally useless.  I have been wearing just the contact in my left eye, but my prescription is out-dated and they never gave me a new one last year.  

Went for a post-OP check-up yesterday and told them again that I needed a new Rx for my left eye.  The contact lenses lady was gone for the day.  And they operate ass backwards there.  For some reason they separate the contact lenses from glasses and regular eye exams, so you have to make an appointment with that lady directly.  I have ****ing 9 days left before I run out. 

So ****ing annoying, considering I mentioned that a while back, now trying to get an appointment is most likely going to be hell.  

5 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

So ticked off right now.  I had cataract surgery on my right eye last Wednesday.  It's great to be able to see clearly again, but I can't wear any contacts in that eye for 4 weeks.  With the surgery, my right eye is near sighted again but my current glasses prescription is useless for the right eye, making wearing those literally useless.  I have been wearing just the contact in my left eye, but my prescription is out-dated and they never gave me a new one last year.  

Went for a post-OP check-up yesterday and told them again that I needed a new Rx for my left eye.  The contact lenses lady was gone for the day.  And they operate ass backwards there.  For some reason they separate the contact lenses from glasses and regular eye exams, so you have to make an appointment with that lady directly.  I have ****ing 9 days left before I run out. 

So ****ing annoying, considering I mentioned that a while back, now trying to get an appointment is most likely going to be hell.  

Can you go to a different optometrist to get your new prescription? oh and ask for samples to tide you over.

16 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Feel for you. Hope you heal fast and get the necessary prescriptions. 

6 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Can you go to a different optometrist to get your new prescription? oh and ask for samples to tide you over.

I hope so.  That's what I had to do back in Oct. 2017, my contact lenses prescription from the ophthalmologist expired and I had enough contacts to make it through Oct.  He was so booked, that it was going to be Jan. 2018 before I could get seen.  So I went to an optometrist at a Super Target, got a new prescription.  

I left the contact lenses lady a voicemail earlier, hopefully she can hook me up with enough samples to make it until I can schedule an appointment with her.  Getting ready to call that optometrist office now (they open at 10am) and explain the situation and see if they can help me out.

Just now, LadySkinsFan said:

Feel for you. Hope you heal fast and get the necessary prescriptions. 

It's just a huge pain in the ass.  It's becoming more common for younger adults (40s) to have cataracts and require surgery, but the age demographic is still dominated by older folks (late 50s +).  I imagine that because of the huge age difference between me (43) and average patients is most of them probably wear glasses and not contacts, so it makes it overlooked.  

Granted, if they wear glasses they should need another prescription too after the surgery.  I though about ordering them without a prescription from the UK.  But I read that you don't know what you're getting, even when ordering a name brand (e.g. Acuvue).  That you might be getting factory defects, or ones that were not stored properly, etc.  Don't want to end up blind off some busted UK defects 

2 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

It's just a huge pain in the ass.  It's becoming more common for younger adults (40s) to have cataracts and require surgery, but the age demographic is still dominated by older folks (late 50s +).  I imagine that because of the huge age difference between me (43) and average patients is most of them probably wear glasses and not contacts, so it makes it overlooked.  

Granted, if they wear glasses they should need another prescription too after the surgery.  I though about ordering them without a prescription from the UK.  But I read that you don't know what you're getting, even when ordering a name brand (e.g. Acuvue).  That you might be getting factory defects, or ones that were not stored properly, etc.  Don't want to end up blind off some busted UK defects 

I wore contacts for years until I needed bifocals and it was easier with glasses. Both my brother and mother had cataracts and surgery, brother's was several years ago and much improved over the decades since my mom's. So far I am good and hope I don't have to have it. 

10 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Lol, there is a Yelp for websites and ES has reviews:

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/extremeskins.com

Jumbo is quite popular it seems.

"He'll cite some obscure rule you violated, like rule 56C789fSA about overly negative posts about back-up deep snappers."  :rofl89:

If anything, @Jumbo @TK  please make this an official forum rule and guideline.  

20 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Keanu Reeves wins at life. Seriously seems like there is a new story every month about how awesome that dude is.

Keanu has an interesting career.  Remember back in the day, he was kind of a joke?  Now he's very well respected, taken seriously.  

40 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Keanu has an interesting career.  Remember back in the day, he was kind of a joke?  Now he's very well respected, taken seriously.  

he is well respected as a human, which is what matters.

but he is still basically "Ted"  in every single role he acts..... 

I am only as god made me. (from a fish called wanda))

I remember some of the yelpers, and i've seen other sites where tk and i are savaged for cruelty to the helpless and innocent. Though you guys see enough dumbassery occur in the actual threads to get the picture, including how the particularly animated keyboardists tend to think it's others who are the issue, but they're not all wrong. We did write the rules to serve the site's goals with certain visions for participation in mind as we sort of make clear when you read the page. Welcome to reality---it can be a shocker.  :ols:

but you wouldn't believe the level of actual crazy mental emo breakdowns/issues/confessions in interactions with some folks that you don't see or hear about because they're e-mails/pms etc.

there are more than a few guys too who are way flakier once they get rolling in "private" than in threads

we used to share the more crazy ones in the mod lounge, but we really don't have much of that to do in recent times becuase we keep sending the issues to yelp

2 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Lol, there is a Yelp for websites and ES has reviews:

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/extremeskins.com

Jumbo is quite popular it seems.

I see a post by pollywog. I just assumed that dude killed himself after awhile. Guy was seriously off his rocker. Used to spam me with crazy ass ****.

Common theme with all of them I'm sure (I bet one of them is Sarge). Crazy af, or just dumb.

Contact lenses lady finally called me back around 3pm and was able to email me the prescription they had from last October so I can order more lenses.  Which is good because the optometrist office said they couldn't just do an exam for one eye and couldn't give me any samples/trials because the prescription on file was out-dated.  

I'm going to order a ****ing 5 year supply of those ****s............

6 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

He made so much money from Matrix. Made a deal that other people hadn't made before with that franchise. 

Archived