Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

So, I start work at 7 AM. All programs and applications were working. Then about 7:30, printing, scanning and the program we use to upload contracts went down.

Then HR clocking in, shared drives and our accounting system. IT is working n it, but now everything has been shut down except email, since about 11 AM.

They won’t send us home, so we’ve all been sitting here for almost 4 hours with nothing to do but emails. This is stupid.

Oh, and then the fire alarm went off, so we stood outside for 30 minutes. At least the weather is decent.

10 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

So, I start work at 7 AM. All programs and applications were working. Then about 7:30, printing, scanning and the program we use to upload contracts went down.

Then HR clocking in, shared drives and our accounting system. IT is working n it, but now everything has been shut down except email, since about 11 AM.

They won’t send us home, so we’ve all been sitting here for almost 4 hours with nothing to do but emails. This is stupid.

Oh, and then the fire alarm went off, so we stood outside for 30 minutes. At least the weather is decent.

Image result for young hacker

I look forward to the case study on the hacking of your company in Ars Technica.

8 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

What's the difference between 30-35, a few minutes? :ols:

Hell, 23-28 felt like I just had to step out for a second, then I come back, briefly plucking rogue grey hairs out of my head

Well shoot, I've had rogue grey hairs since elementary school.

3 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Those are great Tel Aviv boobs!

Who’s the girl with the great jiggly-wiggles?

20 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Well shoot, I've had rogue grey hairs since elementary school.

Old fart!

56 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I really like banh mi sandwiches. 

Can’t understand. Get the sandwich out cho mouth.

12 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

Wow, our county was hacked! All over the news. We are still down this morning. Some gump in the county opened an email. They are demanding $23,000. 

$23,000? WTH kind of number is that?

If we don’t get going by 1:00, they are sending us home.

crazy.

Its the price of two bitcoins.  What’s crazy is the county is actually thinking of trying to pay the hacker off and is not involving law enforcement.  Idiots.

12 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Its the price of two bitcoins.  What’s crazy is the county is actually thinking of trying to pay the hacker off and is not involving law enforcement.  Idiots.

I heard that. No guarantee the person releases us after paying. Authorities are involved is my understanding.

Oh well. Sitting here again with only email.

3 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

Wow, our county was hacked! All over the news. We are still down this morning. Some gump in the county opened an email. They are demanding $23,000. 

$23,000? WTH kind of number is that?

If we don’t get going by 1:00, they are sending us home.

crazy.

sounds like a hacker who just got into it, probably a kid, doesn't know the value of what he has on his/her hands. $23,000 is a relatively small number. Probably some credit card debt the hacker finally needed to pay off or something. 

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I just came across a clip of the final Rudy scene, it's dusty as **** in here all of a sudden.

Never seen that movie. Maybe like 5 minutes total of segments of it. Goonies, Rudy—haven't seen. 

I might watch Hot Fuzz for the 12th time this weekend though.

latest?cb=20141117033139

EgDum7.gif

My dad and my sister want my mom to move in with me so my parents can let go of their place and save up for a new one in the DC area.  Really not a huge fan of that, took a while the last time my parents were living with me and my mom is Type 1 Bipolar who still has episodes.  Feel burnt out helping them out lately, probably another reason I'm really reluctant to this idea.

Archived