Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

I purchased madden this morning for 30 dollars 

I am ready to join up with you online, or beat your ass again, your choice ?

Props for beating me in Madden 17.  Don't plan on me catching the another case of the fumbles from the Madden Gods every game though :P  Wasn't it four times my guys fumbled and at least two of them in the red zone?  Either way, props to you, you beat me fair and square. 

I'll be on tonight after work around 8:30-9pm.  On tomorrow around 6:30pm (after work).  Then I'm off Thanksgiving day through Sunday Dec. 3rd for vacation, so plenty of opportunities to play some bro.

Been playing the heck out of MUT - draft champions and seasons, will be nice to take a break and play some good ole fashioned head to head.  Also, if you want to mic up, we can do the squad mode and play on the same team, definitely a challenge and a lot different look/feel than regular online games.

I haven't played anyone on here since terrifnick (part of the old rtt crew). Got road grated several times. Dude was supernatural when it came to running the ball. Usually i was able to take advantage of people's stupidity in wanting to pass all the time, and would run a coverage heavy, amoeba look, mixing man and zone (disguising my look until they almost always telegraphed their snap), and stop the run with a 3 man front. Couldn't stop him even with the 3-4/46 look. Drove me crazy

Gauntlet has been thrown down here as well. Youngins never learn. I haven't bought a Madden in over a decade, but it's like genetic memory at this point.

50 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Put me on the field online and I'd be a better receiver than Pryor in co op ?

No doubt.  We can figure something out.  Only thing is it's a MUT mode, so it goes by who picks offense and defense and uses those teams players.  Im sitting at 84 OVR with my MUT team, but have a pretty stout offense built off speed (all my WRs are fast, 91 speed in the slot) and a mobile QB (90 ovr Randall Cunningham who has 84 speed).  The other spot is the head coach, which they use the playbooks from and uniforms, coach card, no actual player cards, but they can play any offensive or defensive position not taken by the other two players.  

We can call our own routes and I'll just scramble and throw to you every time.  

16 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I haven't played anyone on here since terrifnick (part of the old rtt crew). Got road grated several times. Dude was supernatural when it came to running the ball. Usually i was able to take advantage of people's stupidity in wanting to pass all the time, and would run a coverage heavy, amoeba look, mixing man and zone (disguising my look until they almost always telegraphed their snap), and stop the run with a 3 man front. Couldn't stop him even with the 3-4/46 look. Drove me crazy

Gauntlet has been thrown down here as well. Youngins never learn. I haven't bought a Madden in over a decade, but it's like genetic memory at this point.

I can't remember which year it was, but it was when LT was in his prime along with Antonio Gates.  If I wasn't playing with the Skins, I'd use the Chargers.  Running back then was so easy and like you said, all anyone wanted to do was throw bombs all day, some peeps never even attempting one rush the entire game.  LT would break tackles like a mofo and that speed.....

Image result for woooo dancing animated gif

There would be some games I'd only run and toss maybe 10 passes, usually short passes over the middle to the fullback or posts/slants over the middle to Gates (he caught everything).  I remember playing one dude that was a fellow Skins fan and he picked the Skins, so I went Chargers.  His passing game was on point, like he knew tons of money plays that were really hard to stop/contain and when you would figure him out, he had another set, then another.  

But I remember him getting frustrated because he couldn't stop me on the ground.  At the end of the game, which I won, barely, like maybe 1 or 2 points, I had something insane like 575 rushing yards to his 650 passing yards :ols:   Was one of the craziest games I have played online before.

What's the RTT fam doing for Thanksgiving?  My MIL, SIL and BIL will be coming over to our house for lunch.  Then later one of our best friends will come over to hang out, watch some football, eat and drink.  Wife will be roasting a turkey with all the regular side dishes (mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, etc.). 

I had her get a three pack of the big turkey legs so around 2pm (when my MIL, SIL, BIL leave) I can toss them on the charcoal grill and smoke them.  Gonna go with a Guinness brine and hickory wood chunks for the smoking.  Also, the wife will be baking some chicken wings based on my mamaw's recipe (marinated overnight in Catalina dressing with soy sauce and ginger).  I made sure to tell her to double down so I can eat those Friday too.

Went shopping today, got a turkey breast to roast over some Pepperidge Farm's stuffing, mashed potatoes and green beans French cut.

There will be enough to slice and freeze. 

I actually made a list from the sale paper and saved $38. Bought some other staples like bacon, eggs, muffins, hash browns, and some dinner stuff. 

Looking forward to Social Security showing up on Thursday, increase over last month due to taxes in April.

3 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Probably gonna get my turkey and a couple sides at Boston Market (what I've done the past couple years), and make a few sides.   Lots of football.  :D

I thought about this, but for a few dollars more (hey, isn't that a Clint Eastwood movie?) I could have several meals as well as freeze some meals, so I went with it.

But it was tempting!

48 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

What's the RTT fam doing for Thanksgiving?  My MIL, SIL and BIL will be coming over to our house for lunch.  Then later one of our best friends will come over to hang out, watch some football, eat and drink.  Wife will be roasting a turkey with all the regular side dishes (mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, etc.). 

I had her get a three pack of the big turkey legs so around 2pm (when my MIL, SIL, BIL leave) I can toss them on the charcoal grill and smoke them.  Gonna go with a Guinness brine and hickory wood chunks for the smoking.  Also, the wife will be baking some chicken wings based on my mamaw's recipe (marinated overnight in Catalina dressing with soy sauce and ginger).  I made sure to tell her to double down so I can eat those Friday too.

Landed an hr ago. Back in the land of dames, Canes, and turnover chains

Archived