Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

34 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

I am sadden.

That cluster**** of a Redskins game, I think I'm going 0-6 in Fantasy this week, finished last in my FanDuel, I have a cold, and now my fiancee is coughing.

But TTB is right, the sun really is still shining. 

I've had a cold for a week, normal 6-month with the doctor this morning...

"I need a shot of something and a remedy for the Skins..."

Do we all have a cold? My throat is bothering me and my nose is leaking. On top of that I'm having a root canal tomorrow :wacko:

I blame the Washington football team, I made a promise to myself to stop letting them upset me, but I can't help but feel the disease of that team goes much deeper than I could ever understand.

This may take a while, bear with me. 

So fitting that you posted that pic of Barack and Michelle, @Renegade7

I got to my doctor's office, checked in...there's an issue with my insurance...been an ongoing thing since hubby's company changed from Humana to Cigna.

My doctor no longer accepts my plan, nurses and admins went totally AT IT in the hallway.  Keep in mind that my nurse Kia and I have known each other for years, and had just had a 10-minute conversation about the current admin as it pertains to healthcare.

The **** they sent in to tell me that I would be billed as "out of network" was less than half my age and wouldn't look me in the eye.  I got my coat on, Kia was freaking out saying "your bp med needs a refill, we know...you good?"  The entire office was in an uproar. 

Meanwhile, my jackass husband hadn't (and probably still hasn't) turned his mother****ing phone on.  I'm home, still haven't said a word to him, nor him to me.  I guess I'll just call his office ****, cancel my coverage, let him see a giant raise in his paycheck and let him figure **** out on his own.  Then I'll die. 

20 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

This may take a while, bear with me. 

So fitting that you posted that pic of Barack and Michelle, @Renegade7

I got to my doctor's office, checked in...there's an issue with my insurance...been an ongoing thing since hubby's company changed from Humana to Cigna.

My doctor no longer accepts my plan, nurses and admins went totally AT IT in the hallway.  Keep in mind that my nurse Kia and I have known each other for years, and had just had a 10-minute conversation about the current admin as it pertains to healthcare.

The **** they sent in to tell me that I would be billed as "out of network" was less than half my age and wouldn't look me in the eye.  I got my coat on, Kia was freaking out saying "your bp med needs a refill, we know...you good?"  The entire office was in an uproar. 

Meanwhile, my jackass husband hadn't (and probably still hasn't) turned his mother****ing phone on.  I'm home, still haven't said a word to him, nor him to me.  I guess I'll just call his office ****, cancel my coverage, let him see a giant raise in his paycheck and let him figure **** out on his own.  Then I'll die. 

That sucks Mary.  But the person/admin that told you it would be out-of-network isn't the one you should be pissed at, imo (unless they were rude to you when explaining).  That falls on your treating provider not being contracted as a participating provider with your particular plan.  Most likely, your doctor had issues getting payment from Cigna in the past.  That also happened to me with my allergy doctor years ago, he had issues with a few Aetna plans and refused to contract with them, I had to pay out-of-network rates or out of pocket (cant remember - it was a long time ago).

There are a few options:  

1.  Switch to a provider that is contracted with your plan so you have in-network coverage

2.  Try and convince your current doctor to contract with your plan (at the end of the day, this is the sole cause of the issue)

3.  Drop off your husbands plan and get an individual plan with another payer (or go back to Humana) - this would be the most costly of the options since it would not be through an employer.

4.  Continue to see the MD and pay out-of-network rates

5.  Drop off your husbands plan and look into getting insurance coverage through your employer (if that is an option)

I'm sure the office was in an uproar because they love you as a valued patient and don't want to risk losing you.  But they should know how insurance works and that it falls back on the physician and his contracts with insurance companies.  There is really nothing they can do in this situation.  

1 minute ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Can you get your BP meds from Wal-Mart? I guess first you have to get a script. Can they just call it in for you? Especially if you are out?

I've got another couple weeks' worth, I have a strong stomach so aspirin will do.  Swear to God, I don't give a f anymore.  I'm that pissed off.

14 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Thanks, Taze.  I knew you'd have some answers.  I already called hubby's office, told her not to cancel it yet...but I'm damn sure gonna get a plan my doctor is in.  Cigna can kiss my ass.  Had NOTHING but problems since the change.

I hate Cigna, horrible company.  Ran into lots of issues dealing with them at work over the years.  I hope you get it all worked out soon.

Archived