Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Damn...Carrie Fisher was getting after it.

cocaine, methadone, ethanol, opiates and ecstasy........along with an anti-depressant and allergy medication.

Crazy.  We knew about her struggle with mental illness and drugs in the past.  Didn't think she was back on them hardcore like the toxicology reports indicate.

She was on The Graham Norton Show before she flew back to LA, maybe the night before or two nights before. She looked sick to me. She was probably partying over in London. She did have her drug demons.

It wasn't so surprising that she had the heart attack on the plane, I thought blood clot because she didn't get up and walk around enough. She might have been sleeping much of the time. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Thought they just used keyboards and amps

Parliament definitely uses regular instruments as well. As for Newcleus, you're probably right, technically, but everytime I listen to them, you can feel the influence and occasional homage to the roots of the genre, so its hard me for to outright separate them, even though you can make the argument for it. Why even argue? Just groove...

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Parliament definitely uses regular instruments as well. As for Newcleus, you're probably right, technically, but everytime I listen to them, you can feel the influence and occasional homage to the roots of the genre, so its hard me for to outright separate them, even though you can make the argument for it. Why even argue? Just groove...

On that, I agree. I just think of old school funk/soul differently than i do electronic funk. But yeah, Newcleus getz down. Got several joints from them

40 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

On that, I agree. I just think of old school funk/soul differently than i do electronic funk. But yeah, Newcleus getz down. Got several joints from them

Newcleus' Jam on Revenge was the first hip hop album I bought.........yes I said album :ols:    My older cousin had the cassette tape and let me listen to it and next time my parents took me to the mall, I made a B-line for the music store and grabbed the record.  It came out in 1984 when I was 9 years old.

Image result for jam on revenge lp

What sucks is when I got 2-3 years older, me and one of my friends tried to DJ and started scratching on it.........of course we had no proper equipment, just an old ass record player.  Record got scratched to **** and ruined.  No more "wikki wikki wikki" again from that record :(  

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Newcleus' Jam on Revenge was the first hip hop album I bought.........yes I said album :ols:    My older cousin had the cassette tape and let me listen to it and next time my parents took me to the mall, I made a B-line for the music store and grabbed the record.  It came out in 1984 when I was 9 years old.

What sucks is when I got 2-3 years older, me and one of my friends tried to DJ and started scratching on it.........of course we had no proper equipment, just an old ass record player.  Record got scratched to **** and ruined.  No more "wikki wikki wikki" again from that record :(  

I think my mom had that album. She had a bunch of electronic, house, and r&b stuff. Lot of my musical tastes came from her. Then on the other hand my pops, as a Jersey guy, was big into Springsteen and a big rock and roll guy. Strange

Just now, Riggo-toni said:

My youngest dog just got his balls clipped today. As my wife was taking him out the door to go to the vet, I blurted out, "Dexter, lick 'em while you still got 'em."  

My wife was NOT amused.

Y'all are so cute...she giggled in the car, you know she did.:ols:

Archived