Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Everyone's got their musical tastes, I don't knock them.  As long as you can appreciate the Beatles then you're ok by me.

The best thing about music, to me, is it's ability to bring back long lost memories.  Certain songs or albums will bring me back to a perticular time in my life or even a specific memory.

5 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Kosher is a killer dude, but his music taste is basically a collection of payola radio singles.  

Go to more shows with local bands opening for low key national acts.  There's music all around you that's way better than any auto-tuned rock radio stuff.  Trust me.

I used to follow a local band here named Fly way back in the 90s (I've followed and supported oodles of them here in ATL...look up Freak The Jones, my best friend's husband was the singer/bassist who was enlisted with Arrested Development for a tour he never got paid for)...hang on, I'll find some stuff...I dated the singer of Betty's Not A Vitamin(and after she became one, it was Betty's Now A Vitamin)...he had played tuba in the UGA marching Redcoats...

there's a lot of people out there with a lot of talent that the world will never know.

9 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Anyone you might know?

I don't think so. We moved here 5 years ago, didn't notice them at my old house. It's mostly shadows out of the corner if your eye type things. Once I really became aware I stopped turning to try and see what it was. Our third daughter said "Arleigh lives in the playroom upstairs" and the older two girls agreed with her. Our youngest son always asks at night if the ghosts are going to come in. None of them are really scared of them /her either.

7 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Kosher is a killer dude, but his music taste is basically a collection of payola radio singles.  

Go to more shows with local bands opening for low key national acts.  There's music all around you that's way better than any auto-tuned rock radio stuff.  Trust me.

You would be surprised. The bands and artists that I have seen range from Lou Rawls to Metalica, from Usher to Beastie Boys, from the choirs on the ellipse to Eminem, from Janet Jackson to Outkast... I just enjoy all types of stuff man. I'll be at Carolina Rebellion again this year. Might hit up Bruno Mars also. 

From growing up in DC I learned that. Georgetown was the hot spot back in the day... I know Blues Alley. ****, I was underage.  

9 minutes ago, clietas said:

Always love to see people being judged on their musical tastes. :D

New to the internet are ya? :)

Anyway, I had a couple drinks last night so I was feeling frisky.  If folks post Nickelback-knockoff tracks, I might try to give them a little guidance.  A little tough love...cause I like em.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna crank up some St. Anger while I clean the kitchen!

28 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Anyway, I had a couple drinks last night so I was feeling frisky.  If folks post Nickelback-knockoff tracks, I might try to give them a little guidance.  A little tough love...cause I like em.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna crank up some St. Anger while I clean the kitchen!

AARRGGHH...**** YOU DISHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, daveakl said:

I don't think so. We moved here 5 years ago, didn't notice them at my old house. It's mostly shadows out of the corner if your eye type things. Once I really became aware I stopped turning to try and see what it was. Our third daughter said "Arleigh lives in the playroom upstairs" and the older two girls agreed with her. Our youngest son always asks at night if the ghosts are going to come in. None of them are really scared of them /her either.

Wild. Maybe you should hire a medium

I like a few Godsmack songs.  Go Away, if that's what it's called, pumps me the **** up.

Same with Limp Bizkit from Signficant Other and Chocolate Starfish.  That **** cranks.  I give zero ****s.

How about some Korn?  Not a huge fan, but some of their stuff gets the blood flowing.  How can you not contort your body listening to that?

Rage Aganst the Machine?  **** yes.

Dont get me started on the 90's-00's rap that gets me hyped.  Ima end the RTT with my mainstream-ness.

The problem with D.C. Is that it's local music culture is wank, for the most part.  I'll actually listen to go go now, but in its heyday, I couldn't stand the stuff.  There were a few punk acts, but aside from mainstream ass punk, I don't get down.  Wale was hopeful and then fell off the face of the earth, probably sucking Gucci Mayne's junk or something.

59 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

New to the internet are ya? :)

I am unapologetic in how much i loved that album

Archived