Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

2 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

This is the second time since christmas (when I purchased the wine rack as a gift) that a bottle on it had exploded.  And over my head as in "I've been unemployed for several months so I moved back across the country to live rent-free for hopefully a short period of time in my parents' basement where they also keep the wine".  Thanks for making me clarify that part :(

You should never feel embarrassed about having to live with your parents, so long as you are actively looking for a way to better yourself, which you are. Its rough out here

4 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

See, I always liked these lil joints. 

Got a buddy that has 4 of them. Just want him to sell me one. 

Luv mine, extended cab though.....gotta have the leg room

9 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

haha, it's all good.  Its just one of those situations where it makes perfect sense to do it, but then you realize when you have to explain it to anybody that you are the literal embodiment of the mythical guy who lives in his parents' basement.

My sister, who is older than me, been married longer than me, and who had her own "built for me" home is now in my mom's basement, just because...there was no actual NEED for it... since my grandmother moved into an assisted home and my dad passed.  Mom doesn't need her there, she probably could've used her help more when trying to care for 2 aging folks with two completely different types of dementia.  <Never mind that now.>

And to think that I, the usual lone wolf, would have a place to go if I needed...and that my husband kinda depended on in case something happened to him. 

Some people take advantage, and then there's folks like you, who don't...just tryin' to keep it together.  Glad they're there for you. 

19 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

if you really think they are just popping joints you really dont know what a chiro does

Is it time for Health Talk?  Oh goodie!  

Everything flows through your spinal cord. Keeping your spine aligned makes  sure the messages your nerves receive are the correct ones. 

45 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

if you really think they are just popping joints you really dont know what a chiro does

Do you know what a chiropractor really does?  I mean, could you explain exactly what moves he or she makes and how, scientifically, they are beneficial?

There's very little evidence to suggest that it's medically effective or necessary.  If it makes you feel better it's your money, more power to you, but it's not a field that has much of a scientific leg to stand on.

On a happier note, one of my students has a grandfather who is a Cowboys fan.  He said at whatever family gathering this year their family stocked the fridge with nothing but Redskins Budweisers (or Miller, whoever does the team cans).  To hear my student tell it, his grandfather had a single tear roll down his cheek.

Just now, dfitzo53 said:

Do you know what a chiropractor really does?  I mean, could you explain exactly what moves he or she makes and how, scientifically, they are beneficial?

There's very little evidence to suggest that it's medically effective or necessary.  If it makes you feel better it's your money, more power to you, but it's not a field that has much of a scientific leg to stand on.

You mean the same science that tells you to take drugs instead of natural methods?

Just now, skinfan2k said:

You mean the same science that tells you to take drugs instead of natural methods?

This probably isn't a rabbit hole that we need to go too far down in the RTT, but if you're talking about drugs that have been thoroughly tested in double-blind trials and found to be effective, yes, I'll believe that science.  I would give the same treatment to any natural method that produced results in a well-designed, repeatable experiment.

You don't? I'm genuinely confused.

Archived