Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

2 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I honestly don't care the girl I wanted to see tonight didn't show. People were giving me free beers left and right. I didn't pay a dime. Guy comes by with like five Coronas you just grab one and chug. So it's all good.

Where were you meeting this girl where random people were walking by and letting you grab beers?

Tomorrow off, beer me.

Goodbye abstaining from alcohol.  Sobriety total:  12 hours.  It felt good being clean, but just this one time until tomorrow afternoon.  Then nothing til a night from then.  All under control.

Crazy day.  I love my job.  In all the crazy action happening moment to moment, there are definitely crappy moments.  Make a mistake here, miss something there, euthanasias, filling out paperwork.  Getting bombarded with clients showing up when we're already packed...damn.  But we make it happen with constant communication and it's a beautiful thing.

Alright so I've been on a 2000s hip hop binge lately.  I love Three6, Trillville and Lil Scrappy, and sattelite-rappers who featured on one or more of their tracks.  I kept following the "Recommended Videos" **** on Youtube while listening to those artists, and ran in to this song.  Hooked.

56 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Chew's wife plays CoD (or whatever the game du jour now is) with y'all?

Chew's wife plays CoD and Battlefield, Chew got her her own PS4 so they can game together.  She's pretty kick ass in FPS games, usually finishes at the top or in the top 3-5 of the leaderboard in all the matches.

She mics up like the rest of us.  

11 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Where were you meeting this girl where random people were walking by and letting you grab beers?

It'd not my fault. They were two dollars each. People were just buying mad bottles. Then they just gave em out like candy. 

You want one. 

How can I refuse when a man offers a beer. You can't. A man could offer me a Miller lite or pbr and I'd still drink it. It'd be rude not to.

13 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

It'd not my fault. They were two dollars each. People were just buying mad bottles. Then they just gave em out like candy. 

You want one. 

How can I refuse when a man offers a beer. You can't. A man could offer me a Miller lite or pbr and I'd still drink it. It'd be rude not to.

it's cool as long as you say, "no homo" as you grab the bottle by it's long, moist neck with a firm but gentle grip then raise it to your waiting lips to receive it's effervescent, pale yellow liquid. 

10 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

You want one. 

You could easily make up a story about both your parents being alcoholics and beating you a lot, to avoid them.

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

You want one. 

I didn't say refuse it.  I want to know where I can get free beers next time I'm in DC :P

Just now, CBass1724 said:

It's the middle of year end closing at work and I don't want to do $#!+.     

Which really doesn't differ from any other day except for the fact I definitely can't slack off as much as I'd like to before a 3 day weekend.  

Stupid accounting career. :ols:

Your on a 6/30 fiscal year? We just closed our books but we are on a 12/31 calendar year. Now time to prep for the audit....Oh yeah and I'm studying for the last section of the CPA exam, which is......Audit..

16 minutes ago, Skinz4Life12 said:

Your on a 6/30 fiscal year? We just closed our books but we are on a 12/31 calendar year. Now time to prep for the audit....Oh yeah and I'm studying for the last section of the CPA exam, which is......Audit..

Ha, guess I might have worded that poorly.  We are in the midst of closing out the 2016 year (we do calendar year too).  We close two sets of books for two companies that we own.  But both are merging together starting 1/1/17.  It's a pain trying to close out the year at the same time as transitioning a company into our system.  Lots of moving parts.  At least we're small (about $20MM in revenue) so it's not tooooo much of a pain in the ass.  

Good luck on the CPA exam!  I am not a CPA but know for a fact that test is super difficult.  Most who have sat for the CPA and the Bar think that the CPA exam is much harder.  But that will be a nice feather in your cap once you pass that last section!!

Usually we have our audit at the end of January, but we scheduled it for March this year.  Should give us plenty of time to pull all of the selections and be super prepared. 

This week's Blackish was a top 10 sitcom episode of alltime.  Dealt with the election win and how workplaces looked the day after

They got together in the conference room and tried to figure out whose fault it was.  Gays, blacks, Latinos, or white women  :rofl89:

But it gets real too.  Perfect balance.

Archived