Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm still in Virginia, just southern part, and I feel like an extraterrestrial when I bring up gogo music down here.  They used to play it more regularly on Norfolk State University radio, I've listened to live shows or songs where they shout out to other colleges they've played at.  I feel you, gogo music reminds me of home , too, or at least the concept of it.

Yeah I bet Norfolk uses to have all the homecoming gogos lol.  Hampton had a bunch.  

Sexy Lady is the only gogo song my wife can tolerate lol.  Definitely an acquired taste.

lol @ the concept of it.  I hear you, man. :(

I've seen this movie before...

HOUSTON -- A Houston-area middle school English teacher was sentenced Friday to 10 years in prison for having a long-term sexual relationship with a 13-year-old student who impregnated her.

Alexandria Vera, 24, pleaded guilty last year to aggravated sexual assault of a child and was hoping to avoid prison and just get probation.

7 hours ago, Major Harris said:

Haven't watched it yet but i don't miss an episode.  best episode ever was when zoe was dating the french point guard .   "andre from marseille"

Last weeks episode about having "the talk" with your kids was great. 

Watched a few episodes of blackish S1 and thought it was funny. Gotta give props to a show that titles an episode "their eyes were watching screens".

thats deep meta right there

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

I've seen this movie before...

HOUSTON -- A Houston-area middle school English teacher was sentenced Friday to 10 years in prison for having a long-term sexual relationship with a 13-year-old student who impregnated her.

Alexandria Vera, 24, pleaded guilty last year to aggravated sexual assault of a child and was hoping to avoid prison and just get probation.

Just a massive failure on so many levels.

2 hours ago, youngchew said:

Yeah I bet Norfolk uses to have all the homecoming gogos lol.  Hampton had a bunch.  

Sexy Lady is the only gogo song my wife can tolerate lol.  Definitely an acquired taste.

lol @ the concept of it.  I hear you, man. :(

I thought the old school gogo was aight. When I first moved here in 95, the big dogs seemed to be Rare Essence

Then Backyard, TCB and other bands showed up. I always liked some of the r&b covers.

Whichever band did that Ashlee Simpson cover, that was good too. I always tried to take it in small doses.

After awhile it all started to sound the same though, loud and dumb

Any time gogo is brought up, I want to play the drums.  So much fun, drumming gogo beats.  I don't listen to it much, but any time I catch it, I get inspired by the drumming.  Having other percussionists around the drummer, emphasizing the backbeats, really gives the drummer and the other percussionists a certain confidence and freedom that is hard to find in any other vein.  Like you have each others' backs, and want to trip each other out with your drum rolls.  It's a drum-battle/team-effort hybrid.

5 hours ago, Major Harris said:

The reason go go never made it out of dc much is because it is god awful.  like foamposites.  

I know gogo isn't for everybody but don't go after foams.  They're the official sneaker of Washington DC :(

giphy.gif

Watched the blackish Andre from Marseille episode. Hilarious.

5 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

Opened up the package of bacon and before I even got it into the frying pan my toddler already had his mouth open. I like where your head is at kid. 

I came home from early morning coaching session. Walk into kitchen:

plate of perfect bacon laid out and waiting for me. 

16 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

After awhile it all started to sound the same though, loud and dumb

I've heard the same thing said about nearly every genre of music, but each has their classics.  I think the theme of gogo music makes it hard for any individual song to sound completely different from the other, so if you don't like the theme you'll have no patience for it or an digging (it's all good).  Pieces of Me is a great cover of a song I wouldn't normally like, nother reason i like gogo, because they do that to rock songs, too.

Archived