Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

1 hour ago, CBass1724 said:

This championship game is the truth.  It just sucks that it's taking 4 hours for a damn football game.

Yeah, they really need to cut down on the TV timeouts, extra long halftime and in game stoppages.  I just stopped watching for a while, DVRing it and then watched the end fastforwarding through all the ads and delays.  Much more enjoyable that way.

3 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Go to work. Better for them to send you home. 

I hear ya but it sucks though because people come in and spread their germs.

People want to show how tough and committed they are but really you're just spreading illness and causing more lost productivity. Can't believe companies don't discourage this mind set.

Sheetz doesn't do many things well, but they got breakfast burritos nailed down pat. I just polished off two, wishin' I had a third one. Even pulled the bag out of the trash hoping they made a mistake a threw another one in there. Joy and sadness so close together.

28 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

On a morning train to NYC.  Got tickets to the big Bowie tribute at Terminal 5 tonight.  

Let all all the children boogie!

My 3 year old loves that song. Not to say it's not a good song—I love it as well.

10 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

Glad to see people are coming around to my line of thinking on football. Lie y'all said 4 hours is too long. Even 3, IMO, is too long.

likea 3 hour movie better be damn good and at least the story is continuous.

It's not so much the time, but when they show the games.  I understand that starting any earlier than 8-8:30pm EST might mean that the majority of west coast peeps might be stuck at work or commuting home and would miss a lot of the game.  With that in mind, for the Super Bowl and college basketball and football national championship games on a freaking Friday night or Saturday night.  

There are a lot of people that love throwing parties, having peeps over, going out to the bar, etc. to watch the games.  That **** occurring on a Monday night from 8:30 until midnight and after sucks.  People work the next day and even if you don't drink/party/go out/etc. it's still too late cause the games are so long.  

I'm just saying there needs to be a balance.  If the games are going to take 3-4+ hours, either have them occur on a Friday or Sat. night if you're going to start them at 8pm or after.  Or screw the west coast and start them at 6-7pm EST any other day.  Of course this doesn't apply to MLB, NBA or NHL games since it's a best of 7 series, that I understand.  

Yeah, National Champion Game should be played on Saturday night. Monday is absurd. 

NFL has their afternoon on Saturday, NCAA should have their Saturday night. 

They have their Sunday night...and Monday night. The Saturday Night game makes the most sense. 

Hell, folks are already hyped up from watching NFL playoff games, keep the ball rolling. 

Archived