Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

7 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Is it odd to have your primary physician be the opposite sex? I just moved to a new area a few months back and haven't chosen a doctor...and most of the options are female physicians.

What say you RTT crew?

I've had both types as physicians. I've kinda learned to concern myself more with their ability as diagnosticians and their therapeutic approach. 

17 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

~As an aside, I've always said that having a male GYN is like having an auto mechanic that has never owned a car.:huh:

But maybe they have had more extensive visual and practical training. 

7 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

I've had both types as physicians. I've kinda learned to concern myself more with their ability as diagnosticians and their therapeutic approach. 

Thanks. I should be more concerned about that, since next January I will learn the meaning of life (42!). Ok, female doc it is. 

43 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Those are awesome, especially when its both legs and you have to go down a flight of steep stairs to reach the Gatorade/bananas and pickles

Yeah man, no doubt.  I walked a lot yesterday and went up and down the stairs to our room a ton, actually made my calves sore.  I told my wife last night right before bed that I bet I wake up with a leg cramp in the right leg in the middle of the night, pounded a 20 oz bottled water before bed, was fine from 10pm until 5am when it happened.

21 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

When did taking a pic of your kids on their first day of school each year become a thing? My FB is flooded with my high school friends pics of their kids going off to school.. I swear I  don't remember my parents ever doing that. 

Is this a recent FB thing?

me and my sister, First day of school.. i was 1st or 2nd grade?   prepared with flowers to kiss up to the teach

first day of school.jpg

15 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Otter box will forever have my business. Just dropped my phone about 30 feet. Working perfectly. Best fifty dollars spent. 

I wrecked my bike today... with my iPhone strapped to the handlebars (the new one i got last Thursday, when i screwed up the screen of the old one...) 

The otterbox was scratched to hell, and knocked half off the phone.  

the phone?    s'all'right    

54 minutes ago, CBass1724 said:

It's always more funnerer to wake up with a calf cramp and then while you're stretching that out and avoiding near death, the quad cramps up.  Can't straighten or bend your leg at that point without wanting to cry.

drink pickle juice

48 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

But maybe they have had more extensive visual and practical training. 

Thanks. I should be more concerned about that, since next January I will learn the meaning of life (42!). Ok, female doc it is. 

My doctor's office, of course has a physician—maybe the place also has a CRNP the same gender as you (nurse practitioner)—licensed to practice medicine like an MD but not to prescribe meds. Maybe you can have the best of both worlds? I've had CRNP who I've felt was a better diagnostician than the MD. 

It's something worth bringing up when you call around. Can't hurt.

20 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

#playah

But did your parents love your sister more? She got a lunch tote (or is that a purse?) and all you got was a brown paper bag. 

The bag was so he could sneak in root beer, probably. Didn't they beat you with a wooden paddle if you drank anything but milk back then?

1 hour ago, CBass1724 said:

Only when I chase whiskey shots

I wasn't joking

http://www.active.com/nutrition/articles/why-every-athlete-should-have-pickle-juice

"The Research

Research, as far back as several decades ago and as recently as 2013, suggests pickle juice relieves cramps. In the 2013 study, cramps lasted about 49 seconds less when participants drank pickle juice rather than water."

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Is there a certain way I'm supposed to type Extremeskins.com on my laptop...? Whenever I type it in, it says the requested  URL was not found on this server. Is that cause of the new change to the site?

The redirect for extremeskins.com to es.redskins.com is gone (again).  just type in es.redskins.com from now on, I don't think they're bringing it back this time.

Archived