Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I love Facebook.  Why do I have to pick up the phone and dial every damn friend I have to make a random comment to them about their opinion on a music video?

Be like, 555-555-5555...

Riiing

"Hello?"

"Hell yeah man, rock on!"

*hangs up*

Old world metalities don't impress me.  I call people when I need to talk to them at length, about business, or to, yes, catch up on a bunch of things at once.  Not to tell them "Cool man!" after their kid took its first dive off a diving board.

Even "liking" peoples' posts is enough to show them your appreciation and that you're keeping up with their lives, thoughts, and interests.  You can knock out 20 likes in a sitting and not need to sit on the phone like a 15 year old girl for 13 hours a day to do the same thing.

BTW, Facebook is jumpin'.  Almost all of my friends from all parts of my life use it a lot.  Even my damn dad is savvy to it.  Old man posts some great stuff on there, always comments on my stuff.

5 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

At the mall tonight... Just walking in. Wearing Redskin gear. Woman with a little girl, says HTTR! Took me a second. And I said something stupid like...nice.  Now wondering if that was Missus Taze and Lil Tazette. ???

Lol, nope.  We are at the beach right now bruh.

On another note, I just got awakened by a lovely leg cramp in my calf.  

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Again?  You need to drink more water.  Keep muscles hydrated.  (I'm thinking off of my first cup of coffee that no one has made me spit out yet, so there's that...)

The first phone I got I dropped into a toilet on the day I got it.  (My boss at the time wrapped it up in a dry towel & put it in the tortilla chip warmer...solved, lol)

Current phone has only been dropped once without the pink rubber thingy on it, got a few dents, but I really need a new one that can handle ES properly.:dallas_sucks:

1 minute ago, China said:

Well that's lovely knowing that someone in a restaurant thought it would be a good idea to stick something that had been dropped in a toilet into a place where food is prepared.  Remind me not to eat there.

I wouldn't have let him do it if it wasn't good, LOL...you'd never eat out again if I told you one tenth of the things I've seen happen over 30 years.  Trust me.

We very rarely do.

30 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I wouldn't have let him do it if it wasn't good, LOL...you'd never eat out again if I told you one tenth of the things I've seen happen over 30 years.  Trust me.

We very rarely do.

I was always told if you like a restaurant...don't go in the kitchen, you'll probably never eat there again

14 minutes ago, Xameil said:

I was always told if you like a restaurant...don't go in the kitchen, you'll probably never eat there again

Very true.  And you can also judge a restaurant by its restrooms.  If the employees don't keep it clean (for themselves), chances are they don't care about you either.  Just sayin'.

~On that front, I always make sure that I'm drying my hands upon leaving the restroom, as I'm walking out & through the dining room, people know  hand-washing IS happening.  We had a huge kerfuffle at the Applebee's where I worked in the early 90s...a guest observed a male server not washing his hands after he'd just handled his dingaling.  :angry:

I can remember being in my office in Fairfax when we had that earthquake.  It felt like a coworker was running around the cubicles with heavy feet...but then it didn't stop for like 20 seconds.  We all exited the building and the building maintenance folks sent us home so they could inspect things.  

It's the only earthquake I've ever been in that I actually felt.   

We had a nasty earthquake when I was still in the Philippines (that's in Asia) in 1990 7.8 magnitude. My dad and I were sitting in a McDonalds and I was staring out the window at this fly. All of a sudden the glass just started to flex back and forth. It took a few seconds to register what was going on, but then we got outta there. They canceled school for a month because no one could certify that our school's structure, a 5-story building, was still sound. 

7 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Those are awesome, especially when its both legs and you have to go down a flight of steep stairs to reach the Gatorade/bananas and pickles

29 minutes ago, CBass1724 said:

I can remember being in my office in Fairfax when we had that earthquake.  It felt like a coworker was running around the cubicles with heavy feet...but then it didn't stop for like 20 seconds.  We all exited the building and the building maintenance folks sent us home so they could inspect things.  

It's the only earthquake I've ever been in that I actually felt.   

I was home. Heard this weird sound like someone was running down the steps, and was wtf'ing, then whoosh, the floor srarting moving beneath me like a cheesy mud 80's special effect. Had to grab hold of side of the wall to keep from falling to the floor. Then it started to cascade, roaring in the other direction. Weirdest feeling ever.

Archived