Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Daughter heading to a neurologist in about an hour (just got the call to bring her in) to check her out. She's had headches lately and yesterday the optometrist noticed her optical nerves were swollen. Could be minor, could be major. Don't know yet, but any thoughts and prayers you can send Abby's way are so appreciated. She's such an amazing girl.

A woman in a "Sexy santa" outfit sticking her ass out, and several other pic of her in a bikini (nice rack btw from what I remember).

Not exactly what I would call a "rumor". :)

Sexy Santa? Now you got the wrong man...bathing suit in Santa Marta with sunglasses? Yeah you got me there...my avatar for a few hours.

I need more sleep.  Fell back into my old habit of staying up late every night.  

I'm with you. Sad part is, my shift has only gotten earlier and earlier but I haven't adjusted on the other end. If I can dial back the time I get to bed by like 30mins to an hour earlier I'll be golden.

I'm with you. Sad part is, my shift has only gotten earlier and earlier but I haven't adjusted on the other end. If I can dial back the time I get to bed by like 30mins to an hour earlier I'll be golden.

My routine is the same, every day (for the most part)  I work 8:30-5:30 (sometimes later, sometimes alt shifts here and there, but mostly this M-F).  I get up around 7am, get Tazette up and get her fed and to school and am home by 8:00 am.  Usually take a quick nap between 8-8:30 then start work.

My problem is I get to watching a show/movie/ballgame or get into a video game and next thing I know it's already midnight or 12:30, sometimes 1 am.  Since I'm in my office sitting in a computer chair, it keeps me awake longer.  If I were to go into the living room, chill in the recliner and turn off the lights and watch a movie/show, I'd fall asleep in a snap.

I'm also that type of person, when fully awake, will have to finish the movie, show or play just one more match in game or play for just 15 mins more, which turns into me staying up longer than I need to lol.

A while back, I got into a good habit of turning everything off around 10:30-11:00pm, then chilling in the recliner watching a show and next thing I'd know it was 4 or 5 am and I had fallen asleep.  Get up and go to bed.  

Yeah, getting that discipline to just do a hard cut off at such and such time is tough. It's key though.

One of my biggest issues for years was sleeping with the TV on. From when I was a kid through only a couple years back, I slept with it on. I always liked having the extra little bit of light in the room, and didn't like the room being completely silent. After awhile though, my GF at the time and now wife couldn't stand it anymore. It was tough to break the habit and there were some restless nights at first trying to adjust. But I actually like it better now. The silence is still a little weird. But I've found that a little white noise actually helps me lull to sleep amazingly well.

Looking a lot of houses this past month online..I have to say one thing.

I question humanity more based on some of the carpeting/paint choices people make in their homes listed for sale.

Purple and green shag carpeting? Really? 

Groovy, homeslice.

Bright fire engine red paint in the bathroom? WTH?

I work in IT, which is really the only context needed for this. How we got to this conversation is not worth the time.

Someone at work: I'm not really into threesomes, I multitask all day at work.

Me: This is why people make fun of me.

Other person: What are you talking about?

Me: Because people who have the same job title as me go around saying things like: I'm not really into threesomes, I multitask all day at work.

I question humanity more based on some of the carpeting/paint choices people make in their homes listed for sale.

Groovy, homeslice.

We're looking at prepping our house for sale sooner than expected. I have a question for you, since you're looking.

How do you feel about having a carpet/flooring allowance?

The reason I ask is because we were going to put hardwood floors throughout the rest of the main level. But we're currently looking at buying property and building... so I feel like instead of buying hardwood floors I'd rather just list the house and say - this carpet needs to be replaced, but we'll give you money to install your own floor instead.

But I also know a lot of people will not buy a house because they don't like the paint/carpet (which seems absolutely ridiculous to me) so I'm torn on what to do...

The appropriate response is..what about weekends? But only if it's a cute female coworker. Or..you know..if  you are into that type of thing.

I'm married with a kid, so I don't get to be into that type of thing.

Also cute female co workers in IT are rare. Not quite unicorn rare, but close. We have a hard enough time finding attractive male people in IT.

I'm not ruling out houses based on the carpeting/paint..it just always makes me roll my eyes. We are in the same boat as you tshile, in that we need to replace the flooring in our house before we sell.

I'm going the neutral route of nothing too flashy and figure that will present better than giving a flooring allowance. Personally I think most people want move in ready houses over having to paint/floor/carpet before they move in.

But then again..maybe that is just my preference.

Good luck though!

Groovy, homeslice.

Bright fire engine red paint in the bathroom? WTH?

I'd love that carpet, but not with 16 foster dogs. That would get nasty fast.

My living room is candy apple red.

I question anyone with white walls.

I dislike anyone that thinks eggshell is a color.

Archived