Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

have you guys seen Black Snake Moan?!  Arguably one of Sam Jackson's top 5 movies of all time.  There were more epic quotes in that movie alone for Sam than all his other films combined.

There's a scene where Jackson was in a woman's clothing store to buy this chick some clothes, and he said to the sales lady "Somethin' that won't make her look like a hussy or...or...or a floozy."  But he had a heavy Mississippi accent.  It was comedy gold.  Entire movie was full of memorable Sam quotables.

have you guys seen Black Snake Moan?!  Arguably one of Sam Jackson's top 5 movies of all time.  There were more epic quotes in that movie alone for Sam than all his other films combined.

There's a scene where Jackson was in a woman's clothing store to buy this chick some clothes, and he said to the sales lady "Somethin' that won't make her look like a hussy or...or...or a floozy."  But he had a heavy Mississippi accent.  It was comedy gold.  Entire movie was full of memorable Sam quotables.

Speaking of good SLJ flicks...

The Sunset Limited

Great movie. Warning though, it's primarily set in one room and all dialog between SLJ and Tommy Lee Jones. Wonderful performances from both though.

Speaking of Sunset Limited, The Man From Earth is one of those films that feels more like a play.  The entire movie takes place in one room.

An impromptu goodbye party for Professor John Oldman becomes a mysterious interrogation after the retiring scholar reveals to his professor colleagues he never ages and has walked the earth for 14,000 years.

Four scientists and a theologian sit around and science the **** out of a man who claims to be over 10,000 years old.  One of the coolest movies I've seen in a really long time.  Soooo interesting.  This movie had a $150,000 budget, and has been holding solid at 85% on Rotten for nearly 10 years.

If you google "best movies you've never heard of," The Man From Earth is on a lot of those lists.

"Candy Man" Tony Todd & Richard Riehle star in this one.

I need to check that out. I'm always fascinated with those kind of almost strictly dialog type movies.

Have you seen Exam?

British flick about a group taking an exam in competition for a very important job. Sorry, for the sake of not giving anything away I don't really wanna go any further than that. Some very intense scenes and great suspense.

Another one I'd classify in that "Great movies you've never heard of" category is a two part made for TV movie done in the 90s called Intensity. Has John C McGinley (One of the Bobs in Office Space, Dr Cox on Scrubs) in it. If you can look past the made for TV cornball elements, it's a pretty fun watch.

I need to check that out. I'm always fascinated with those kind of almost strictly dialog type movies.

Have you seen Exam?

Same here!

I saw Exam a while back, I wanna say on Netflix.  I remember we liked it.  they're stuck in that room and then eventually 

tear the room apart and a few folks die?

It was a fun watch for sure.  

All packaged snack foods, no matter what size, should always show "one" under "number of servings", with the calories and other nutritional data given based on that reality.

Yes!

(I'm so guilty of eating the whole container of whatever)

I'm always, in my head, going what is 120 calories times approximately 4.5 servings... Or something like that.

and we have #2 OU on Saturday.

Win that..and I can see an argument for them jumping 9 or 10 spots in the next polls. I expect a let down in Norman though. Especially coming off that KU domination last night.

This team is infinitely better on offense from last year's Sweet 16 team. And they still play tough SOB #pressvirginia defense.

Um..yeah. This lady...

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/shoplifter-bites-off-walmart-workers-finger-856039

Cops: Shoplifter Bit Off Walmart Worker's Finger Suspect was caught swiping condoms, lubricant

carolynnwrightmug.jpg

JANUARY 11--A South Carolina woman who was convicted last year of clobbering a fellow strip club employee over the head with a stiletto shoe was arrested yesterday after she bit off the finger of a Walmart employee who tried to stop her from shoplifting condoms, lubricant, and panties, police charge.

According to cops, Carolynn Wright, 23, was confronted Sunday afternoon by a pair of loss prevention officers as she exited a Walmart in Myrtle Beach. The workers, police noted, approached Wright “after they observed her conceal merchandise.”

Wright, pictured above, tussled with the two female Walmart staffers, punching one woman in the head, “causing bleeding around her left ear.” Wright then bit down on worker Candice Lawsom’s finger, “causing a portion of [Lawsom’s] finger to be bitten off.”

When a Walmart customer dropped her phone as she sought to dial 911, Wright grabbed the phone and would not return it. During a subsequent struggle, Wright pulled the hair of the shopper, who responded by punching the suspect in the face. 

When police arrived at Walmart, they noticed “a piece of a finger” belonging to Lawsom. The finger, which was then rushed to responding EMS workers, “was not able to be reattached,” according to cops, who noted that Lawson “required stitches.”

Wright was arrested after cops pulled her from a minivan in the Walmart parking lot. The car’s driver, a 71-year-old man, told officers that Wright had gone into the store “to make a purchase,” and that when she returned to the vehicle, she directed him to “Drive!” The man added that while “there was someone standing in front of the vehicle blocking his way,” Wright again demanded that he “Drive!”

Charged with aggravated assault, a felony, simple assault, and larceny, Wright is being held without bond in advance of a court hearing next week.

Archived