Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Hmmm, last fight. Hasn't been since high school or college. One piece of **** from the neighborhood was making fun of my brother, who happens to have a type of Autism, and never hurt or bothered anyone. I cursed him out (the bully), and was walking way, thinking it was done. I didn't waaant to fight. But then, he grabbed my back so I swung around and dropped him. He never messed with my bro again....

Hahaha, I bet someone went up to Taze back in the day, "Hey, Kendall Gill is a sorry ass 2-guard!" Taze flips table, proceeds to rumble!

Last fight I had was before I moved to Hampton Roads. Little sister's ex-boyfriend accused her of stealing and said he was coming over with his boys. I wouldn't say I "won" that fight, but they didn't mess with my sister anymore, which was more important. Not looking for a medal or ran a fight club chapter when I was younger. That just made sense at the time.

When was the last time you were in a fight? Open question

I used to train in Shotokan Karate, so including sparing probably 2011. A serious fight? Probably college so I'm thinking maybe 2004. I'm 100% certain if I was a smaller dude I'd have been in a lot more fights throughout my life. 

Tyler Durden thinks my sauce is weak

Yeah it just never happened, I get along with most people and diffuse situations before they get that intense. I've never even been close or done the whole shoving each other and then people break us up. And I don't go to 0-10 in a snap like a lot of people either.

Oh well. One day...

Violent bunch, geez.

I was "the little mexican boy," so naturally I got targeted. Learned how to box though from my dad though, and after awhile people stopped messing with me. Same deal throughout junior high and high school. Thats when you realize that most bullies can't fight. Theyll scrap with you, or if they're bigger, overpower you, but they can't fight, and when you square up, of take them off their feet, they are helpless. That, and most people simply aren't used to getting hit.

My advice to every parent would be to teach your kids some form of self defense, or have them take classes. Can give them self confidence and help them avoid the pitfalls associated with succumbing to a life of bullying, and maybe when they get older, save their lives or someone elses.

Gotta draw the line and take a stand in your life. Better to learn early rather than late

Took boxing. Karate. Learned how to fight some more from my dad. Some bullies can take a hit. Some actually enjoyed it when you hit back,or tried to. Some would even bring friends to take turns because it was real fun when the little guy fought back.  Fortunately,I had a few big friends who found out I was getting a weekly ass whuppin' or at least a good smack in the head or arm or back and helped me out. Another lesson is to have kids talk about it instead of just being humiliated.  Helps too.  

With my last name and being an Army brat,fighting was part of the gig. Later on in my adult life with some more experience and growing out instead of up,I became that protector. :) And a bouncer. Geez being a 5'8" bouncer wasn't a lot of fun at times. I know I won a lot of those brawls,but man the next day or two,I felt like I lossed them. ;)  Glad I've given that up for the most part. **** hurts. :) 

Archived