Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

So new years eve.   

I don't really ever bother going out for NYE since I left DC.

I live too far away from the city to even consider driving, and I am just to old to bother in my mind.

When I lived in DC I would party every year...that was about 15 years ago though.

Now I am lucky to even be bothered to watch the ball drop.

just finished GOT season 1.  I don't think I'm gonna watch.  it's way too slow and boring

buddy of mine told me just yesterday the same thing.  he said stick with it through season 1, as it gets better and better.  he said seasons 4 and 5 were off the chain.

Quick Resume question. When listing your personal references on your reference letter/sheet do you list their job title or no? 

I have job titles listed for my professional references but wasn't sure about personal one.

and apparently something didn't go right with the first take, so they did it again....Min-Sik had to eat another live squid.   :)

I vote no.  As they're not being listed for personal and not professional references, I'd say their job titles are irrelevant.

that depends on the title.... if it is "Sandra Day O'Connor, Supreme Court Justice"   keep teh title.

if its "Clyde Wombache, Wino that hangs outside of 7-11 and used to but my 40s when i was underage"  drop the title. 

buddy of mine told me just yesterday the same thing.  he said stick with it through season 1, as it gets better and better.  he said seasons 4 and 5 were off the chain.

season 1 was boring and slow and i still couldn't figure out what was going on.  but they are gonna introduce more and more characters in the next seasons.  why would i want to continue?  i think i am gonna start mr. robot.  that seems like my type of show. 

the last several years New Year's eve has been basically a slumber party with my wife and daughters.... watch "its a wonderful life", lime sherbet/ginger ale punch, lots of candy and junk food, board games, bad 1980's MTV videos, a fire in the fire place, and the ball drop.    I wouldn;t trade it for anything.

Thats kind of the way GoT gets you tho. There will be lulls, and the next thing you know some crazy, out of left field **** happens that you neeeever saw coming..

it clearly hasn't gotten me in yet. the only reason why I'm continuing to watch if i do is watching my friend. me and her crack me during the entire show

i loved LOVED the first couple of GOT books, and the beginning of the Series  (that covered the first couple of books)....    

... but I thought both started to kinda drag out with the last books (seasons).   I still watch them religiously (and still think that they kick the ass of most other shows) but, I hope that they pick back up to where they were seasons 1 through three.   

the series has caught up with the books, so i have no idea what is coming next.

I need to finish watching The Wire as soon as possible and shouldn't watch anything else until it's done.

fixed that for ya

i think i am gonna start mr. robot.  that seems like my type of show. 

I can get behind that.  Love Mr. Robot, Rami is the man.

I don't really ever bother going out for NYE since I left DC.

I live too far away from the city to even consider driving, and I am just to old to bother in my mind.

When I lived in DC I would party every year...that was about 15 years ago though.

Now I am lucky to even be bothered to watch the ball drop.

Same here, logistically driving downtown (I still refuse to call it "uptown"........****ing hipsters) is not worth it.  It's a lot more relaxing to grab a nice early dinner (if we did/do go out), or carry out locally, chill at home and treat it like any other day.  

I've never been one to really care for watching the ball drop anyhow.  Sometimes I'll turn on the TV and do it, but it's rare.  I'd rather be watching a movie/show.  

Look, there are hundreds of thousands of people crammed together in one place, out in the freezing cold (sometimes rain/snow) to watch a ball slide down a pole......yes, tradition I know, but when you have watched it 20+ times, not really exciting lol

The one time I distinctly remember walking in on GoT, I felt I was just getting to understand some characters during a wedding, then they crossbowed everyone in the room as soon as the bride and groom walked out the door. I still have a crush on the dragon queen (I know, very original).

Oldboy is one messed up movie. It's a great film though, just really, really messed up.

Indeed. Oldboy is what opened the door to Korean thrillers for me. The Oldboy remake was a friggin' disgrace

Thats kind of the way GoT gets you tho. There will be lulls, and the next thing you know some crazy, out of left field **** happens that you neeeever saw coming..

And TIDDIES....or so I've heard

Glad I'm not alone on the New Years thing. This will be our first New Years as a married couple. It's started to become more important to me that we create our own traditions together. I care less and less about anyone thinking I'm lame for treasuring a night in with my wife and cat lol.

Read Dez Bryant is out Sunday. 17 pts may be all we need.

God, P Smith is going to kill Kellen Moore. Had no idea that dude was even in the league. I remember arguing with cats years ago in his he had no business being an NFL calibre qb

Do you watch Banshee on Cinemax? Nothing but beautiful naked chicks and horrifically graphic violence.

Naw. Had planned on catching the pilot but forgot all about that show

Archived